*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/FIGHTING SUE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Best goal we've scored since in OT against Maine.

Craziest thing I have seen in a long time. I was pissed after the penalty. What a finish. Score with .06 of a second off of a face off on our end with less than 10 seconds left, while playing short handed. Unbelievable.

This must be soul crushing for the hard core ND fans.

Okay, I have to conduct an informal poll here:

Has anybody here seen anything like that before? I've watched a lot of hockey at the high school, college and professional levels and I've NEVER seen anything quite like that before. Just glad our guys were on the right end of that ending. And I also have to give a shout out to North Dakota for playing an excellent all-around game. That locker room must be a pretty heart-breaking place to be right now.

With that said, it's on to Saturday and a chance for #6! :D

Wow!!! What a finish. It almost makes up for the Harvard finish in '89 (ok, not really).

Has anybody here seen anything like that before? I've watched a lot of hockey at the high school, college and professional levels and I've NEVER seen anything quite like that before. Just glad our guys were on the right end of that ending. And I also have to give a shout out to North Dakota for playing an excellent all-around game. That locker room must be a pretty heart-breaking place to be right now.

Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that...but close....but not in a game this big.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable finish! Hull getting his first goal of the season in a short-handed situation, with 0.6 seconds left. Amazing!

A few buzzer goals over the years but never shorthanded and never against the bitter rival. I will not have to listen to Sue fans chatter for another year or so. God is very good

The most clutch play since Hoffarber, and that doesn't really compare given the sport.

Not me. You have obviously watched more hockey than me but I have never seen something like this before. I am sure something similar has happened where a team scores a fluke goal at the end of a game, but not to go to a championship game. What a great end for Minnesota. Hope to see it on sports center again soon.

Probably the most dramatic ending I have seen since Dean Youngblood scored on a penalty shot with 3 seconds to go for the Hamilton Mustangs to beat bitter rival Carl Racki and the Thunder Bay Bombers.

I have NEVER seen anything like that. Truly amazing. Can't wait for Saturday!

It was already on Sports Center. They basically randomly interjected it, saying it belongs in the Top Ten.

Speaking of which... Top plays in the Sports Center queue... #1 or bust!

Is there going to be a replay of the game on somewhere tomorrow? I would love to see the last ten minutes of that game again

If this game isn't classified as an "instant classic," I think ESPN needs to revisit their use of that term...

If this game isn't classified as an "instant classic," I think ESPN needs to revisit their use of that term...

It won't be, because their definition includes ratings. The Fargo/Minneapolis connection won't push the needle enough, though it certainly belongs there outside of those standards.

Top Bottom