PiPress: Jamel Harbison to miss second game

At least we have lots of depth at that position.

STrib blog: Gophers update: News on Kirkwood, Edwards, Wells, Harbison

Donnell Kirkwood (sprained ankle) was in an orange jersey running around, but he's doubtful for Saturday's game at New Mexico State. Still, it's a good sign that he's making progress less than a week after sustaining the injury.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/222434741.html

Go Gophers!!

What a bust the Harbison/McDonald WR class has turned out to be. What a waste of talent.

Bring on Woli...

1051008.jpg

who is the last star-studded recruit for the Gophers that actually had a career with us that was equal to his recruiting hype? Rickey Foggie? Darrell Thompsom? It seems like most of our greatest performers were not as highly touted or sought after as, say, McDonald and Harbison. (But you're right, it's still too early to assess these two). So, name one or two for me please. My memory is poor!

who is the last star-studded recruit for the Gophers that actually had a career with us that was equal to his recruiting hype? Rickey Foggie? Darrell Thompsom? It seems like most of our greatest performers were not as highly touted or sought after as, say, McDonald and Harbison. (But you're right, it's still too early to assess these two). So, name one or two for me please. My memory is poor!

Shede

This sucks. You hope a guy will get it figured out but sometimes they don't grow up until it's too late. smh.

I'm not going to lump Harbison in with McDonald just yet. McDonald had character issues before he even got here, and has had multiple suspensions as a Gopher. He has lost all benefit of the doubt, but Harbison isn't there quite yet.

Did anyone read the article?

"But he’ll be back here soon," (of Harbison) Kill said. "He’s doing a good job. He’s doing what he’s been asked to do and told to do."

That, to me, doesn't sound like McDonald. Maybe it's just coach speak, but sounds like he's getting it together, whatever the issue is/was.

Did anyone read the article?

"But he’ll be back here soon," (of Harbison) Kill said. "He’s doing a good job. He’s doing what he’s been asked to do and told to do."

That, to me, doesn't sound like McDonald. Maybe it's just coach speak, but sounds like he's getting it together, whatever the issue is/was.

Kill said almost the exact same thing about McDonald in the Spring and Summer...

Well, hopefully he gets his mind right and is back 'dressing' sooner rather than later.

Kill said almost the exact same thing about McDonald in the Spring and Summer...

Right, and McDonald was welcomed back in the fall (messed up again, though). It's not like we have any reason not to trust Kill's sincerity...I expect Harbison back soon just like Kill says as long as he doesn't screw up again.

Maybe he was late to one too many team meetings? Sounds like that is a pretty easy way to show Kill you aren't on the same page as your teammates.

Andre left school for a semester and has now been suspended for a semester. As far as we know, Jamel is looking at a two game suspension. Comparing Jamel's disciplinary issues to Andre's seems rather premature at this point.

What is it with the wide receiver position? So much drama at all levels (HS, college, Pros).

What is it with the wide receiver position? So much drama at all levels (HS, college, Pros).

They are pompous, arrogant, self righteous, saviors, the MVP's of every team, in their own minds.

Andre left school for a semester and has now been suspended for a semester. As far as we know, Jamel is looking at a two game suspension. Comparing Jamel's disciplinary issues to Andre's seems rather premature at this point.

Agree that the two situations are different but also clear that both guys have some growing up to do because given the state of our WR core both are blowing a great opportunity to be the featured guy on a team badly in need of help at the WR position.

Harbison's issues seem less severe then Andre's but anytime you are missing games for non-injury reasons it is not a good sign. Too early to write Harbison off for sure (Andre is close), but he needs to get his crap together, whatever it is, and get out on the field. This team needs him to show some of the potential he did before getting hurt last year.

If Harbison is healthy and ready by San Jose State I will be happy. I was surprised that his knee recovered as quickly as it did and maybe this will work out okay as some of the other guys can pick up the slack the next couple of games. We definitely will need him to compete from San Jose St. and into the B1G though.

If Harbison is healthy and ready by San Jose State I will be happy. I was surprised that his knee recovered as quickly as it did and maybe this will work out okay as some of the other guys can pick up the slack the next couple of games. We definitely will need him to compete from San Jose St. and into the B1G though.

You are right but his current benching doesn't seem to have anything to do with the knee based on the way Kill is handling it. So it doesn't appear on the surface that health is a problem for him, just needs to get his head screwed on straight.

Totally agree MNVCGUY. Not trying to make an excuse for him being excluded for the past two, but instead hoping he gets his head on straight for the rest of the year (physically healthy).

Top Bottom