Just curious. What is your agenda for the opener?

Reaction score
We have a great group of fans on the hole. Would be interesting to see how you plan your day. We will drive down from Nisswa and first check in at the Resident Inn Depot. Probably have a cocktail lunch at the Monte Carlo Club, hit the U of M bookstore for some new threads, the Alumni Center for the pre game Bloody Mary
And then trek over to the stadium. Afterwards a martini at the Depot bar ( they make
a good one ) and maybe a night spot within walking distance. Breakfast at Hell's
Kitchen on Friday morning. For us, it doesn't get any better than the Gopher opener.

My agenda is simple:
Just win!!!
Hopefully no injuries...

Work until 1 enter lot 37 as soon as allowed. Start grilling at 3. Chicken and corn on the cob on a stick in honor of state fair I am boycotting. Beverages will be plentiful before and after the victory.

Both the missus and I have to work normal schedules on Thursday and have early meetings on Friday. So we won't be getting on campus until about an hour and a half before gametime, and won't be able to stay much after the game. It just means that we'll have to cram our opener experience into a smaller window.

Also, I don't know if you've been to Hell's Kitchen for breakfast before. It's good, but it's not otherworldly. If you're looking to try somewhere new, check out Hazel's off 29th and Johnson. One of my favorite breakfast spots in Minneapolis.

Get off work at noon. Change from a suit into a pair of maroon and gold striped overalls. Meet my buddy who I tailgate with. Argue with whoever won't let us into our parking spot at 12:15. Go to a bar and drink. Find someone we can talk into driving our car to the tailgate lot the second it opens. Start grilling. Play beer darts. Get into the stadium. At the first sign of trouble (turnover, stupid penalty, etc.) I will panic, but then realize things have changed as we roll over UNLV by 30.

"Just curious. What is your agenda for the opener?"

1. Cooler full of beer. Drink a cold beer while filling cooler.
2. Cooler of beer covered with ice. Drink another cold beer while pouring ice into cooler on top of beer.
3. Cooler of beer covered with ice by picnic table in my back yard. Drink another cold beer while positioning table and cooler.
4. Weber coals ready for indirect heat method to do a nice sirloin tip roast cooking slowly. Drink another cold beer while starting the grill.
5. Drink another cold beer while the coals are heating.
6. Slice Hobo potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, brussel sprouts, and sliced tomatoes, all wrapped in foil for cooking on grill. Drink another cold beer while slicing and wrapping all of the veggies
7. Radio on to listen to pregame. Drink another cold beer listening to pregame.
8. Prepare my campfire for ambiance. Drink another cold beer while preparing campfire.
9. Check progress of beef roast, adding a few coals as needed. Start my campfire. Drink another cold beer checking progress of beef roast.
10. Take a break from all of this hard work by sitting down and having a nice cold beer.
11. Timing is perfect, game starts when beef roast is medium rare, hobo potatoes/veggies are done perfectly, set food aside to finish cooking off the grill. Drink another cold beer while waiting.
12. Take perfectly grilled beef roast and perfectly cooked hobo potatoes/veggies and place in fridge to eat Friday.
13. Drink a nice cold beer while listening to game.
14. See (13).
15. Stoke campfire, and see (13).
16. Make sure campfire is under control, and see (13).
17. Open last beer in cooler and fall asleep on picnic table after Gophers Win.

I'm going into work then to the dentist and then to skiumah to meet friends. Then beer.

Drink bud light then head over to stadium at 5

My inconsiderate wife scheduled a minor ankle surgery/scope for a few days before the UNLV game. Apparently the considerate thing for me to do is cancel my flight to MSP and help her get around, so I begrudgingly canceled my flight this morning. WTF

Can't make game ... looking to sell two seats on the 30 yard line - first level - home side. Any takers?

Can't make game ... looking to sell two seats on the 30 yard line - first level - home side. Any takers?

Go to Other Forums, there is a Forum called Gopher Ticket Exchange. Try that.

We will walk to the light rail station around 11am and head down to the Twins game. Then we'll catch a bus to campus and meet up with our tailgating friends. After the Gopher victory, we will need a few more drinks at Stub & Herbs or BWW to celebrate ... then we'll need a cab ride to get back home!

State Fair early, then on to Ski-U-Mah lot!

Finish my fourth presentation in Omaha just before noon, and then beat ass home to grill and have (not too) many beers. Game will be set to record, and I'll pretend it starts at 7 or so, with my boys, so I can home-tailgate, and fast-forward through the commercials until I'm at real time. Then get a goods night's sleep and get up early and drive to Mankato for more presentations.

Won't have time to make it down with my regular group.

My inconsiderate wife scheduled a minor ankle surgery/scope for a few days before the UNLV game. Apparently the considerate thing for me to do is cancel my flight to MSP and help her get around, so I begrudgingly canceled my flight this morning. WTF

Sorry to read that. Hope it's the only "Opening Day" injury that takes place. We'll miss any pre-game and maybe the 1s Quarter ourselves. Neighbors are getting married that Thursday afternoon. Go figure.

Both the missus and I have to work normal schedules on Thursday and have early meetings on Friday. So we won't be getting on campus until about an hour and a half before gametime, and won't be able to stay much after the game. It just means that we'll have to cram our opener experience into a smaller window.

Also, I don't know if you've been to Hell's Kitchen for breakfast before. It's good, but it's not otherworldly. If you're looking to try somewhere new, check out Hazel's off 29th and Johnson. One of my favorite breakfast spots in Minneapolis.

A couple of Alex boys own and operate that place. I haven't made it there yet.

"Just curious. What is your agenda for the opener?"

1. Cooler full of beer. Drink a cold beer while filling cooler.
2. Cooler of beer covered with ice. Drink another cold beer while pouring ice into cooler on top of beer.
3. Cooler of beer covered with ice by picnic table in my back yard. Drink another cold beer while positioning table and cooler.
4. Weber coals ready for indirect heat method to do a nice sirloin tip roast cooking slowly. Drink another cold beer while starting the grill.
5. Drink another cold beer while the coals are heating.
6. Slice Hobo potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, brussel sprouts, and sliced tomatoes, all wrapped in foil for cooking on grill. Drink another cold beer while slicing and wrapping all of the veggies
7. Radio on to listen to pregame. Drink another cold beer listening to pregame.
8. Prepare my campfire for ambiance. Drink another cold beer while preparing campfire.
9. Check progress of beef roast, adding a few coals as needed. Start my campfire. Drink another cold beer checking progress of beef roast.
10. Take a break from all of this hard work by sitting down and having a nice cold beer.
11. Timing is perfect, game starts when beef roast is medium rare, hobo potatoes/veggies are done perfectly, set food aside to finish cooking off the grill. Drink another cold beer while waiting.
12. Take perfectly grilled beef roast and perfectly cooked hobo potatoes/veggies and place in fridge to eat Friday.
13. Drink a nice cold beer while listening to game.
14. See (13).
15. Stoke campfire, and see (13).
16. Make sure campfire is under control, and see (13).
17. Open last beer in cooler and fall asleep on picnic table after Gophers Win.

6a. Call cable company and pick-up BTN. Don't be so cheap.

What's in your wallet today?

Well my main goal is to remember 100% of this opener, which wont be a problem since I'm not in Vegas. I'm taking the 4 hour drive Thursday morning, will meet up with my little brother in Eden Prairie and probably go down there early so we can have a few drinks before the game.

Try to take my nephews to one game a year. Their Saturday football schedule makes it tougher and tougher. Can't wait til they are in high school football. This year it's UNLV because of youth football. No tailgate. Leave at four and hopefully arrive before kickoff!!

6a. Call cable company and pick-up BTN. Don't be so cheap.

What's in your wallet today?

This Doc thinks he "talks' a good ball game. He even claims his life is nothing but being: "drink...drank...drunk..." That's pretty much the crux of his message. He is NO W. C. Fields though... not even a decent Dean Martin pretender. Somebody needs to do an intervention on this dude before he takes his show on the road and actually buys a ticket for a Gopher game... The Moorhead Police don't have equipment that can fully measure his blood, alcohol content (according to the way he presents himself here) and IF he did stumble down to the Cities, security at the stadium would have to eject him for pretending to be drunk and disorderly. Mr. Bojangles was a kinder, gentler version of the kind of character this don attempts to hide behind...

don: skip the beer, save some money and pay for a ticket. There are too many empty seats at TCF BANK STADIUM these days. Act as if you can still pull it together and sober up for a couple of days and try to pretend that you are someone your Mom and Dad might have been proud of...

The thing is though, based upon the way you try to present yourself, I guess no one will miss you even if you don't show up for a game. Just stay home and pretend that your liver is still functioning...

This roast is for you don...when ever you start trying to take my inventory, I promise, I will contrast your unworthy effort with a personal observation about you. Life is good. You should try acting like a decent human being once in a while... at least in your case, there is still a faint sign of something worth responding to. Some of the people who follow me around here have nothing left to try to save...no value or virtue that remains. If a person's inner core is too critically damaged and ill, it kills any joy and negates any efforts to try to salvage anything of worth...and once the joy is killed: there is nothing of value left of the creature that remains...

; 0 )

Not sure....I have next thursday open so I am going to try and get down to the cities a few hours early.

Planning on leaving work at 2 and arriving at the U around 3. Going to go watch my first Victory walk then figuring out where to grab a few drinks before the game with Sally's no longer an option.

Leave work at 3pm, pick up my friend and head down to the U. Change clothes in the car (while parked). We used to hit Sally's, now I will try Stub & Herbs or BWW. I hope they are prepared to gain Sally's followers!

Top Bottom