Fan or Not?

bailee88

Reaction score
It is bad enough when Badger and Hawkeye trolls are ripping on us and OUR football program, but when supposed GOPHER fans join in really bugs me. This is AXE week. Let's focus our attention on the task at hand defeating the Badgers and wiping that smarmy grin off BB's face. Part of being a fan is supporting your team through thick and thin. If you would rather see us lose to WI so we can get rid of Brewster then I don't think you can call yourself a Gopher fan.
Go Gophers!

true that, lets go get that axe and make this season remembered 4 upsetting the serial killers in their own house

I hate trolls as much as anyone on here, but I feel like right now there are fewer trolls on the board than during the last few years, as far as I can remember. I thought there would be more "kicking us when we're down", but it seems they are taking the high road (as a whole)?

Its tough for most Gopher realists to get pumped up about a game that should have the Gophers getting handled. At this point (facing an inevitable 2-10 season) I think most of us would just rather get the season over with than get our hopes up for something that we know isn't going to happen; based on what we've seen out of Brew to this point.

I'm going to save my excitement for when we hire a new coach.

That being said I would love a Madison upset to help turn my mood around!

I've been informed that I am a fan only when I stand.

Fans blow cold, cool, warm or hot air...

they are on the ceiling, on the floor, on the desk or in the window. They are large, small, medium sized or tiny. There are any number of colors of fans. They are high, medium or low in their outputs. They can be turned on...OR...turned off. Sometimes they are plugged in...or they can be unplugged. They spin a lot, some of them oscelate and some are just standing in a corner.

The ONLY thing I am really worried about with this TCF BANK STADIUM season ticket base of fans is what they will do with their tickets for the Iowa game. IF they put their tickets up for sale or sell them to a scalper, they will have helped to create a potential "kinnick north" situation that will set us up for a repeat of the 2008 fiasco.

IF that happens, prexy b and maturi need to address the entire crowd during halftime to tell the remaining Gopher Fans just what they plan to do to make sure that this will NOT happen again. They need to have the stadium packed with Minneapolis Police Officers, because the hordes of iowa drunks will be looking to do damage in our stadium and TO our stadium. They can NOT be trusted and they can NOT be allowed to do the drunken boorish things that drunken iowa people prove they will do if given the drunken opportunity to appear in public in Minneapolis. Have the stun guns ready Police Officers IF a kinnick north situation sets up. NEVER forget 2008. Be prepared to make MANY arrests. IF a kinnick north situation is facilitated by Gopher season ticket holders selling their tickets it will be an incredibly sad and disasterous situation.

You think I am kidding? Revisit the 2008 scene. The ugliest I have ever seen at a football game. Or, the time a number of years ago when the drunken iowa hordes stormed the dome field and brought down the goal post and became a frenzied mob of drunken thugs and vandals. Remember the screech alarms? This time arrest them all...any of them that attempt to let their mob violence take over.

Our best bet: do NOT sell your tickets for this iowa game whether you use them or don't use them. Keep iowa people out of our stadium. Otherwise, be any kind of fan you want to be.

I love how the definition of "fan" is alterable based on the actions of the individual. If you don't act and think exactly like me, "you're not a true fan". So be it.

If you treat the Gophers like a urinal, you're probably not a fan.

Hey! We are fans of a University Football Program. We attended the University (well a majority of us). Part of getting a university education is developing the ability to think critically. That ability gets applied to things you care passionately about, no matter what they are.

I want to beat them so badly that it would melt cheese on the head of Bucky and laugh as the fans depart Camp Randall. However, my critical thinking tells me that it is less likely that Bucky laughing at us as we leave Camp Randall.

they are on the ceiling, on the floor, on the desk or in the window. They are large, small, medium sized or tiny. There are any number of colors of fans. They are high, medium or low in their outputs. They can be turned on...OR...turned off. Sometimes they are plugged in...or they can be unplugged. They spin a lot, some of them oscelate and some are just standing in a corner.

The ONLY thing I am really worried about with this TCF BANK STADIUM season ticket base of fans is what they will do with their tickets for the Iowa game. IF they put their tickets up for sale or sell them to a scalper, they will have helped to create a potential "kinnick north" situation that will set us up for a repeat of the 2008 fiasco.

IF that happens, prexy b and maturi need to address the entire crowd during halftime to tell the remaining Gopher Fans just what they plan to do to make sure that this will NOT happen again. They need to have the stadium packed with Minneapolis Police Officers, because the hordes of iowa drunks will be looking to do damage in our stadium and TO our stadium. They can NOT be trusted and they can NOT be allowed to do the drunken boorish things that drunken iowa people prove they will do if given the drunken opportunity to appear in public in Minneapolis. Have the stun guns ready Police Officers IF a kinnick north situation sets up. NEVER forget 2008. Be prepared to make MANY arrests. IF a kinnick north situation is facilitated by Gopher season ticket holders selling their tickets it will be an incredibly sad and disasterous situation.

You think I am kidding? Revisit the 2008 scene. The ugliest I have ever seen at a football game. Or, the time a number of years ago when the drunken iowa hordes stormed the dome field and brought down the goal post and became a frenzied mob of drunken thugs and vandals. Remember the screech alarms? This time arrest them all...any of them that attempt to let their mob violence take over.

Our best bet: do NOT sell your tickets for this iowa game whether you use them or don't use them. Keep iowa people out of our stadium. Otherwise, be any kind of fan you want to be.

+10

I agree 100 % we cannot let Iowa make this a home game for them, as we know we could not do that in Iowa City don't let them do it here. With the new stadium they should only be able to get 5,000 fans max not 30,000 like at the dome.

Who let you back out of the loony bin? Jesus Christ....

I love how the definition of "fan" is alterable based on the actions of the individual. If you don't act and think exactly like me, "you're not a true fan". So be it.

No definition change or counter spin needed. It's not difficult. If you want the Gophers to win you're a fan. If you want them to lose you're not.

It really bugs me when the iowa idiots including that loser from kfan calls OUR stadium kinnick north. Have some Minnesota pride and don't sell your tickets to them. I would rather rip up my tickets than sell them to a pigeye.

It really bugs me when the iowa idiots including that loser from kfan calls OUR stadium kinnick north. Have some Minnesota pride and don't sell your tickets to them. I would rather rip up my tickets than sell them to a pigeye.

Most Iowa fans are good people that just simply love the Hawkeyes and take advantage of the short trip up to Minneapolis. Are we really idiots because we want to travel and follow the team? When Minny came down to Iowa City last year, I met a few Gopher fans who were drunken slobs and continuously made fun of the state of Iowa and our University despite knowing how mediocre the Gophers were in football. There are bad apples in all fan groups. The reason Minnesota fans think Iowa is the worst is because Iowa fans travel well and you see many more of them when the two teams meet in Minneapolis. The University of Minnesota should be happy that more fans will be in the seats, purchasing concessions, spending money at the local eateries and other fine establishments etc. I agree, it is too bad that Minnesota fans won't show up even when the team is losing.

No you are not idiots for wanting to travel to the big city. iowa fans are among the rudest people I have ever seen around campus. I can see why they support their team because other than driving around iowa city drunk what else is there to do. I truly dislike iowa and root against them in every sport except hockey. Oh wait, you don't have a hockey team! Who hates iowa?????!!!!!

if you root for your team to lose you are not a fan! i am not a fan of brewsters anymore but im not going to go to games or watch them on tv and hope we lose so i know brew will be fired faster. i would prefer that brewster and this team have a talk with jesus and we dominate the rest of the way and brew is here for the long haul. but in reality we will lose many more and brew will be let go.

it is cute you decided to make this into if you dont think like me etc etc...all im saying is if you cheer against the gophers for whatever reason why are you here?

i love the u of m, i love the twin cities, and i love the football prgram no matter how good or bad. that doesnt mean im accepting mediocrity, i just dont jump ship when things go sour. if i did i would be a alabama fan, and for sure would have stopped watching the vikings after 1998.

Never is a really long time...

The door is open to all the past transgressors.

Really? When I try to log in using my "previous" user name, this is the message I get...

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Of course, my transgression may have been more serious than faking my own death!

Most Iowa fans are good people that just simply love the Hawkeyes and take advantage of the short trip up to Minneapolis. Are we really idiots because we want to travel and follow the team? When Minny came down to Iowa City last year, I met a few Gopher fans who were drunken slobs and continuously made fun of the state of Iowa and our University despite knowing how mediocre the Gophers were in football. There are bad apples in all fan groups. The reason Minnesota fans think Iowa is the worst is because Iowa fans travel well and you see many more of them when the two teams meet in Minneapolis. The University of Minnesota should be happy that more fans will be in the seats, purchasing concessions, spending money at the local eateries and other fine establishments etc. I agree, it is too bad that Minnesota fans won't show up even when the team is losing.

No, you're idiots because every single one of the Hawkeye fans I've ever encountered in my life is an arrogant, drunk, retarded, inbreeding, fat piece of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I hardly doubt that is the case. If they're happy one of our rivals is filling up the stadium instead of their own fans, then we've got a big problem.

I hardly doubt that is the case. If they're happy one of our rivals is filling up the stadium instead of their own fans, then we've got a big problem.

Quite true, but what's even more interesting is how a simple "do you want the Gophers to win or not" thread was hijacked into a "I don't want to say, so how about we hate Iowa :eek:" thread.

The lengths people will go not to simply say "I want them to lose" :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's back all right. :horse:

Does giving an honest, if negative, assessment of the coach preclude one from being a fan? I think that advocating for a change that I believe will benefit the program is consistent with being a fan, but maybe I am in the minority on that.

if you root for your team to lose you are not a fan! i am not a fan of brewsters anymore but im not going to go to games or watch them on tv and hope we lose so i know brew will be fired faster. i would prefer that brewster and this team have a talk with jesus and we dominate the rest of the way and brew is here for the long haul. but in reality we will lose many more and brew will be let go.

it is cute you decided to make this into if you dont think like me etc etc...all im saying is if you cheer against the gophers for whatever reason why are you here?

i love the u of m, i love the twin cities, and i love the football prgram no matter how good or bad. that doesnt mean im accepting mediocrity, i just dont jump ship when things go sour. if i did i would be a alabama fan, and for sure would have stopped watching the vikings after 1998.
I've never, ever cheered against the Gophers football team. I want them to win every game. I'm talking about the people who look down their noses at others based on their definition of a true fan. Maybe I'm sick and tired of standing up and cheering on third down just to watch another quick slant go for a first down. Doesn't mean I didn't want the Gophers D to get off the field.

It is bad enough when Badger and Hawkeye trolls are ripping on us and OUR football program, but when supposed GOPHER fans join in really bugs me. This is AXE week. Let's focus our attention on the task at hand defeating the Badgers and wiping that smarmy grin off BB's face. Part of being a fan is supporting your team through thick and thin. If you would rather see us lose to WI so we can get rid of Brewster then I don't think you can call yourself a Gopher fan.
Go Gophers!

Wow...that is really dumb. Anything that will get rid of Brewster, INCLUDING HOPING FOR A LOSS, is what a true fan of the Gophers should be doing. This program will NEVER have success with him at the helm. Anything that helps get rid of him sooner is good for the long-term. Anything that keeps him around will mean more losses to Division II teams. In fact, I would argue that in hoping that the Gophers somehow scrape together a few wins shows you are not a real fan of the Gophers. Brewster must go and anything that helps this happen is what a REAL Gopher fan should be rooting for.

Anything that will get rid of Brewster, INCLUDING HOPING FOR A LOSS, is what a true fan of the Gophers should be doing.

A true fan never roots for his own team to lose...period.

Anything that keeps him around will mean more losses to Division II teams.

We have never lost to a Division II team under Brewster.

In fact, I would argue that in hoping that the Gophers somehow scrape together a few wins shows you are not a real fan of the Gophers. Brewster must go and anything that helps this happen is what a REAL Gopher fan should be rooting for.

Nope, wrong again. Why do you even post here?

"A true fan never roots for his own team to lose...period."

My response: You are not a true fan. Rooting for a victory or two here-and-there under Brewster is ROOTING AGAINST the long-term success of the program. This program will never get be a winner under Brewster; thus, rooting for his demise to to root for the Gophers.

"We have never lost to a Division II team under Brewster."

My response: Ummmm....South Dakota is a Division II team. I don't care that they are now calling it FCS, they are still a Division II team.

"Nope, wrong again. Why do you even post here?"

my response: I am a true fan; you are the moron. Morons should go away.

My response: You are not a true fan. Rooting for a victory or two here-and-there under Brewster is ROOTING AGAINST the long-term success of the program. This program will never get be a winner under Brewster; thus, rooting for his demise to to root for the Gophers.

False. By definition, if (a big if, admittedly) Brewster starts winning, he is therefore a winner. It's A=A. I'm sure even you can grasp that simple math.

My response: Ummmm....South Dakota is a Division II team. I don't care that they are now calling it FCS, they are still a Division II team.

Ummmm...wrong. Sorry Charlie. FCS is not, never has been, and never will be Division II. USD was Division II, until 2008. Now they are not. And we played them in 2010, not 2007.

my response: I am a true fan; you are the moron. Morons should go away.

Yes, people who can't even get simple facts right or understand basic logic should be calling others "morons". Yes, that is what should be happening.

Top Bottom