Jerry Kill and New Mexico State have won 3 in a row

With what I saw here in August, getting 4 wins out of that bunch no matter the opponents is a pretty big coaching accomplishment.

They had a game vs San Jose St postponed due to a Spartan player being killed in a motor accident. Could be made up if SJ St does not make their playoff.

Possible Bowl eligibility ramifications for the Aggies.

Pretty impressive. Ending with Missouri and Liberty will be tough.

Yup. Crazy they had a legit chance at bowl eligibility with a couple competitive losses.

Good for them but

2-9 Hawaii (one FBS win)
2-8 New Mexico (one FBS win)
1-9 UMass (only win over stony brook)
1-9 FCS

So while they definitely have improved and definitely aren’t bottom 10. They’re still probably lower than 100 for me if they don’t win of the final few games.

Bowl game for them with JK’s inaugural season would be like winning the $2.04B Powerball!

Playing the tough schedule early might have tempered the metal … and mettle.

They could be LendingTree Bowl bound if they can get 6 wins. Unfortunately, the New Mexico Bowl doesn't look like a possibility for them, no tie-in.

Last edited:

I wonder if Jim Leonhard is still a sure thing as Wisconsin's choice?

They could be LendingTree Bowl bound if they can get 6 wins. Unfortunately, the New Mexico Bowl doesn't look like a possibility for them, no tie-in.
True. They won’t get to 6 wins.
They have to win 2 more against Missouri and liberty

They had a game postponed currently no make up date. 5-6 doesn’t make a bowl. They need both those upsets. If they split Missouri and liberty they need to reschedule and beat 6-3 San Jose state

Nebraska could do a lot worse…just saying. A lot worse.

Then again, NIL shenanigans aren’t exactly Jerry’s strength. A bygone coach for a bygone era.

Top Bottom