Week 6 Other Games Thread

Cashing in today on Texas...Oklahoma outscored last 3 weeks 145-58

Horseshoes are lucky, so having a horseshoe up your ass means you are very lucky. Mo Ibrahim being out, missing a 27 yard field goal, and Michael Brown-Stephens dropping an easy touchdown pass last week, an arguable missed offsides penalty on the XP block, and Maryland self-inflicting an illegal man downfield penalty on their game tying 2 point conversion, and Maryland apparently scoring 0 points off of 3 turnovers this week could all be considered either bad officiating, poor play by opponents, or just good luck for Purdue. I didn't catch the whole game, but some Maryland fans also claiming they dropped a potential pick 6 in the first quarter. I don't wanna take a really strong opinion on it, but even some Purdue fans are sheepishly stating they were gifted a win by the officials today.
They did. Right though his hands and like last week it popped right up into the Purdue receiver’s hands. They scored a TD right after.

They have had an insane amount of luck these two games.

How do you miss this?

Terrible. It would have been a bad miss if the kick WASN'T blocked. But the fact that this guy was not only blatantly offsides....but he was the one to get the block makes the miss even worse. Dude on Maryland didn't even get out of his stance before the guy was already past him. Where were the refs looking???

Horseshoes are lucky, so having a horseshoe up your ass means you are very lucky. Mo Ibrahim being out, missing a 27 yard field goal, and Michael Brown-Stephens dropping an easy touchdown pass last week, an arguable missed offsides penalty on the XP block, and Maryland self-inflicting an illegal man downfield penalty on their game tying 2 point conversion, and Maryland apparently scoring 0 points off of 3 turnovers this week could all be considered either bad officiating, poor play by opponents, or just good luck for Purdue. I didn't catch the whole game, but some Maryland fans also claiming they dropped a potential pick 6 in the first quarter. I don't wanna take a really strong opinion on it, but even some Purdue fans are sheepishly stating they were gifted a win by the officials today.

I don't know why sports fans so often harp on things like this. It's a completely futile exercise. There will not be asterisks next to these scores in the record books footnoting a paragraph containing all of the things you've listed above. I'm sure you've heard the expression: "I'd rather be lucky than good." I think Purdue might be both and luck counts too.

Terrible. It would have been a bad miss if the kick WASN'T blocked. But the fact that this guy was not only blatantly offsides....but he was the one to get the block makes the miss even worse. Dude on Maryland didn't even get out of his stance before the guy was already past him. Where were the refs looking???
Had to had been thinking about something else momentarily. You wouldn't think it would happen in a moment like this, but it can. For a quick moment he got sidetracked. Can't think of any other explanation. Clearly offside.

I don't know why sports fans so often harp on things like this. It's a completely futile exercise. There will not be asterisks next to these scores in the record books footnoting a paragraph containing all of the things you've listed above. I'm sure you've heard the expression: "I'd rather be lucky than good." I think Purdue might be both and luck counts too.
Purdue fans have been whining about offensive PI for years.

Not like we're only ones that do it.

1. Purdue won past 2 weeks on road road isn't easy.

2. Purdue turned it over six times past 2 weeks. That isn't a sustainable model for success.

Hard to believe a Fitzgerald team tackles so poorly.

Mertz has improved. The book on him struggling is bring pressure some way, some how. Northwestern can’t do it.

Maryland's home crowd looks pathetic. You would think there would be some excitement for a 4-1 team.
Sometimes it feels like:

no school that isn't already a place that averages 80k per game, will ever be able to bootstrap up into that.

Purdue better find a way to lose to 2 of Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa.
Purdue is enjoying a recent run of positive calls and, more importantly, positive non-calls (such as offsides and offensive pass interference) to win some games. If the calls and obvious non-calls continue to favor Purdue (maybe it’s their year), they’ll be hard to catch.

Purdue fans have been whining about offensive PI for years.

Not like we're only ones that do it.

1. Purdue won past 2 weeks on road road isn't easy.

2. Purdue turned it over six times past 2 weeks. That isn't a sustainable model for success.
Depends on whether the Refs are helping you with calls and non-calls.

So, Nebraska’s new HC just accomplished something that, I am told, Scott Frost never did during his Nebraska tenure: win back-to-back Big Ten games. The new Nebby HC also just did something that the Gophers have not managed to do in a long time: fall behind by 10 or more points and come back to win. Per Shama, the Gopher are 0-30 in the last 30 games in which they fell behind by 10 points. With Purdue getting the benefit if so many calls and non-calls, and Nebbie suddenly finding a way to win gritty games, the West could be changing before our very eyes.

10 minutes left in the game. Wisky up by 4 TDs. Mertz, Allen, and the rest of the 1st string still in...After next TD, will they go for 2??🤔

Uhhh let’s not get cocky. We are 0-0 in both Wisconsin and Iowa championship seasons!
100% correct.

I’m just sayin. The West has always gone through Iowa and Wisconsin, other than the two years of NW but they’re looking like last place this year.

And when is the last time we’ve beaten both in the same season??

So, would figure that we finally do it this year … only to finish in an 8-1 tie in conf games with Purdue and lose a head-to-head tiebreaker. That would be the most Minnesota thing to happen. Purdue loses to Ohio St by 45 in Indy, but gets to go to the Rose Bowl.

No, Purdue is not that good.

100% correct.

I’m just sayin. The West has always gone through Iowa and Wisconsin, other than the two years of NW but they’re looking like last place this year.

And when is the last time we’ve beaten both in the same season??
1990. Gutey was our coach.

Top Bottom