List of Players Returning and Departing for 2021

From Burns in a public comment:

As of right now, your two kickers for the spring are to be Mobley and Brock Walker.

I have heard nothing on Michael Lantz, so we'll see what he decides

and Ryerse will not be back for 21

Ryerse IMHO was offered too soon in HS. IDK what happened that he never really shined. Punters and Kickers are critical. You better always be looking for a better replacement. Losing two close games is costly, especially losing to Wiscy in OT.

Do any of our Big Ten West peers offer scholarships to kickers, punters, and long snappers? Honest question.

Man, considering the transfers and potential returners from injury/opt-out, if guys stay healthy, both the OL and DL will be STACKED. We might not see much of young guys who played (and flashed) in 2020 like Cheney, Carter, Ersery, etc. Should be a far cry from what we saw this year, and that's pretty exciting.

Man, considering the transfers and potential returners from injury/opt-out, if guys stay healthy, both the OL and DL will be STACKED. We might not see much of young guys who played (and flashed) in 2020 like Cheney, Carter, Ersery, etc. Should be a far cry from what we saw this year, and that's pretty exciting.

Yep, just updated the original post in this thread. We should be in great shape depth wise heading to next year with a ton of experience along both the offensive and defensive lines. Strong line play is key to any successful season so hopefully that bodes well for us to have a really strong 2021 season.

These are the Undeclared players I have left. Anyone have any isights?

Undeclared: - Key guys in bold
Teague - retiring ?
Swenson

McDonald
Schoenfeld
Witham
Harris

These are the Undeclared players I have left. Anyone have any isights?

Undeclared: - Key guys in bold
Teague - retiring ?
Swenson

Schoenfeld
Witham
Harris

Just saw thread where McDonald has been put on scholarship so the list gets even smaller.

Witham would also be a 7th year guy, if he comes back, like Dew. And I feel like we have good options at TE? BSF obviously has forever been hoped to be a huge pass-catching threat.

Of those remaining, Harris would be the biggest contributor, as the starting nickleback.

Hoping that McDonald's new scholly isn't because Harris is calling it quits.

In Burns's early depth chart, he mentioned that Jake Paulson is done. hadn't heard that yet.

Carter was out best DT last year. I think he'll start along with Pinckney.

He lists Witham on his depth chart.

It's a free article with some good tidbits as usual.

Thanks for the link! I wasn't aware Ky Thomas had surgery last fall and thats why he didn't see the field. Makes me feel better that it wasn't an issue of performance.

Another thought: with all the recent recruits we have stacking up at both RB and WR, it would not shock me to see a couple transfers from each room after spring ball or sometime during the 2021 season. It seems like its going to become fairly clear over this next 6-8 months that a couple (not sure who yet) will likely never see playing time as they get passed by 2020 or 2021 recruits.

What if the Gophers upset Ohio State? (Just dreaming)
What if there is another Fa'alele dopeldanger down under? PJ better have someone get on the boat. We need more Polynesians. Hopefully, we secure Saia Mapakaitolo's LOI.

What if there is another Fa'alele dopeldanger down under? PJ better have someone get on the boat. We need more Polynesians. Hopefully, we secure Saia Mapakaitolo's LOI.

Have said it before, I like that we are playing Ohio State in game 1. They are going to have a new QB and a lot of other guys just getting their first real taste of action while we will be bringing back a very experienced group on both sides of the ball.

Ohio State will be a big favorite (as they should be) but first games are weird, so I like our chances of pulling the upset far more in this scenario than I do playing them later in the year when they are rolling.

Polynesia is Gopher Islands / Atolls!

Have said it before, I like that we are playing Ohio State in game 1. They are going to have a new QB and a lot of other guys just getting their first real taste of action while we will be bringing back a very experienced group on both sides of the ball.

Ohio State will be a big favorite (as they should be) but first games are weird, so I like our chances of pulling the upset far more in this scenario than I do playing them later in the year when they are rolling.
I'm of the same mindset. This is likely our best chance at an upset. The only thing working against us is that PJ's teams historically have slow starts, but maybe this is the year that changes. Who knows?

Agreed, when we've seen Ohio States stumble, if ever, it's early on.

Poor Michigan maybe could have eeked out a win here or there in their rivalry recently IF they didn't always play them late when Ohio State was tuned up just fine...

Thanks for the link! I wasn't aware Ky Thomas had surgery last fall and thats why he didn't see the field. Makes me feel better that it wasn't an issue of performance.

Another thought: with all the recent recruits we have stacking up at both RB and WR, it would not shock me to see a couple transfers from each room after spring ball or sometime during the 2021 season. It seems like its going to become fairly clear over this next 6-8 months that a couple (not sure who yet) will likely never see playing time as they get passed by 2020 or 2021 recruits.
Agree. Maybe sad to say, but would think QB too. Especially with Athan as a prized recruit coming in the summer, and with Morgan allowed to play here in 2022 if he wants, you have to think at least one of ZA, Kramer, or Clark is unlikely to ever see the field as a starter and will move on.

Top Bottom