Image of absurd prop Minnesota players are carrying into the locker room is going viral

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Scott:

While Michigan has dominated the rivalry against Minnesota for the past 50 years, this Minnesota team is one that is like no other, with a top-tier Quarterback in Tanner Morgan, and a solid Gopher defense – who knows what will happen?

But no matter what the Gophers may bring to the field in the way of talent, it doesn’t keep Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck from summoning power from any of a number of sources. It’s sometimes like a parade when the Gophers take the field. When it comes to Fleck and the Gophers, anything from oars, hammers, wrenches, and flags are used as props both running onto the field and on the sidelines.

Still, it looks like Minnesota may have a new prop in store for Saturday’s season opener. If this is indeed some sort of new prop, it looks like Fleck may have finally gone too far:

Go Gophers!!

And I thought this was going to be about the massive medieval-style shield they ran onto the field with. The pirate-bear is way more interesting.

I think Fleck better spend more of his time on correcting the miserable performance of his team last night and less time on silly props. Embarrassing in front of a national TV audience!

I don’t honestly care. But the optics are bad. Someone spent time on putting this together, coordinating for it with players, coaches, etc. I’m sure it’s the brainchild of some intern or something, but busting it out and then losing by 25 looks like they spent time on this rather than preparing for MI.

I don’t honestly care. But the optics are bad. Someone spent time on putting this together, coordinating for it with players, coaches, etc. I’m sure it’s the brainchild of some intern or something, but busting it out and then losing by 25 looks like they spent time on this rather than preparing for MI.
For sure. Nobody should ever have any fun ever.

no idea what it is. But anyone bothered by it needs a serious hobby

You think they didn't prepare .. .because of a bear with a sword?

You think they didn't prepare .. .because of a bear with a sword?
You missed the point of my post. The perception is bad when you do stuff like this and lose by 25. Win and do whatever you like. Lose the Little Brown Jug by 25, defense looking wholly unprepared for the game, and stuff like this surfaces? Not a good look.

You missed the point of my post. The perception is bad when you do stuff like this and lose by 25. Win and do whatever you like. Lose the Little Brown Jug by 25, defense looking wholly unprepared for the game, and stuff like this surfaces? Not a good look.

"perception"

So like ... nothing?

Is anyone but you perceiving problems with the bear but you?

Is anyone but you perceiving problems with the bear but you?
Yes. A few people expressed the same or similar thoughts above.

MplsGopher: If the wins dry up, this silly crap will get old, very fast.
Rowthatboat: I think Fleck better spend more of his time on correcting the miserable performance of his team last night and less time on silly props. Embarrassing in front of a national TV audience!

Sorry man that doesn't count.

I'm using your method here. I declared your posts not a good look.

So now continuing with how you operate here we don't actually consider if it is actually a bad look or if it has any impact on anything... it's just "a bad look."

Top Bottom