Morgan being evaluated for a possible concussion.

Yes, you are mistaken. Cupito played the entire game against Michigan in 2005.
That's a lot of confidence for being incorrect. Cupito started and played most of the game. Mortensen played the final minutes of the game and handed the ball to Russell on the run that put a game winning FG in reach. You can see 17 under center in the video below.

I was at that game and there were clock issues in the stadium so they had to keep time on the field. Nobody knew how much time was left and Mason ended up calling the TO early before the FG kick because of it resulting in the need to kick off to Michigan one last time.

They've got a shot for sure. Maybe Rondale is back? I thought he's been week to week for awhile. Purdue isn't good, but stranger upsets have happened.
The football gods will never allow this to happen. The Gophers will have to beat Wisc. to get to the promise land.

I'm a bit worried about this "We'll just run a lot" concept.

Every time (including OOC games) we've chosen to deliberately just run a bunch teams seemed to have no problems stopping a run first approach.

Granted it is Northwestern and I'd love to just run out a win, I'm just worried that this team is really pass first and any effort to run a lot will result in a lot of stalle drives.

Yes.

That turns it into a game where a turnover could be the difference. A slant pass just a little behind the receiver could end up being six the other way.

We haven’t seen enough from either freshman to know whether they can be trusted to throw much. On that basis, I’ll predict Kramer will get the start and run the ball a lot.

My mistake. Thank you for the correction, Tredwell and year of the gopher.

Yes.

That turns it into a game where a turnover could be the difference. A slant pass just a little behind the receiver could end up being six the other way.

We haven’t seen enough from either freshman to know whether they can be trusted to throw much. On that basis, I’ll predict Kramer will get the start and run the ball a lot.

ALL ABOARD THE KRAME-TRAIN!

The football gods will never allow this to happen. The Gophers will have to beat Wisc. to get to the promise land.

On that I wholeheartedly agree. It's why I was basically convinced we would lose to Iowa. It just can't be easy for our breakthrough.

Fleck just said Morgan is still in concussion protocol. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

FWIW - last year, the coaches were willing to start a true FR at QB in Annexstad. by this point of the season, Kramer and Clark have more experience than Annexstad had when he started the opener in 2018.
If Morgan can't go, I will play a hunch and bet that Kramer starts. Clark may have the better arm or be a better 'pure' passer, but Kramer is supposed to be very smart and - I suspect - may be a little better at running the offense without getting flustered.
And - if it is a backup, bet that Fitz will throw every blitz and stunt he can think of at the Gophs. that may open up opportunities to hit some passes - IF the O-line gives the QB time to operate.

Any chance we just go triple option for the Northwestern game?

/s

Has anyone in the media asked the following question:

What's the time table on Zack Annexstad's return?

Might be a valid question at this point in time.

Fleck just said Morgan is still in concussion protocol. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

If he is still in concussion protocol today it would almost certainly mean he hasn't practiced yet so probably looking at best case scenario him being a backup this weekend or more likely him being out.

Think we will be ok against Northwestern without him but obviously Wisconsin would be a different story so hopefully he bounces back quickly and is ready to go in two weeks.

If he is still in concussion protocol today it would almost certainly mean he hasn't practiced yet so probably looking at best case scenario him being a backup this weekend or more likely him being out.

Think we will be ok against Northwestern without him but obviously Wisconsin would be a different story so hopefully he bounces back quickly and is ready to go in two weeks.
Sindelar practiced when he was in concussion protocol.

Sindelar practiced when he was in concussion protocol.

Fair point. Concussions are so tricky because everyone responds differently. Will be surprised if we have any real concrete info before Saturday as to his status. Just have to hope for the best and in the case of this team hope he is back in time for Wisconsin.

Has anyone in the media asked the following question:

What's the time table on Zack Annexstad's return?

Might be a valid question at this point in time.

Grimm asked him today on the radio show. Fleck said he's been off the scooter and has been throwing, but he still has 3 weeks in his recovery.

Against a high school QB? What does that even mean?

Your numbers are wrong, unsurprisingly. Kramer can make one more appearance this year, and Clark can make three more appearances, without either losing their redshirt.
That's what I said. Clark was in one game (MD), Kramer in three (Rutgers, MD, Iowa). Neither has played a college game for more than a few minutes, hence basically high school in terms of full game experience.

Not sure why but I have a bad feeling as well. The thought of him missing the Wisconsin game makes me sick to my stomach. I think it's just the uncertainty of concussions that's making us nervous, we'll just have to hope for the best.

That's what I said. Clark was in one game (MD), Kramer in three (Rutgers, MD, Iowa). Neither has played a college game for more than a few minutes, hence basically high school in terms of full game experience.

No, that isn't what you said. You said that Kramer would burn his redshirt if he played in one more game, which is incorrect.

Also, college is not "basically high school," and "basically high school" is also not high school.

I keep thinking of Purdue’s QB. Didn’t he miss 2-3 weeks? I doubt Morgan plays this weekend but we damn sure need him back for Becky.

We
I keep thinking of Purdue’s QB. Didn’t he miss 2-3 weeks? I doubt Morgan plays this weekend but we damn sure need him back for Becky.

I wouldn't use other players as a baseline for evaluating concussions. It can be vastly different player to player. He could be fine Saturday, or we could not see him in a helmet till next year.

Not sure why but I have a bad feeling as well. The thought of him missing the Wisconsin game makes me sick to my stomach. I think it's just the uncertainty of concussions that's making us nervous, we'll just have to hope for the best.
concussion protocol is a series of steps. I don't have them memorized but essentially, a day without any symptoms, then some light activity for a day or two, no symptoms. Then some heavier activity, and so forth. So it's almost impossible NOT to still be "in the protocol" 3 days later. He might not have experienced any symptoms at all since the day of the game, and he would still be in protocol most likely.

His head hit the ground when he was sacked at the beginning of the 4th quarter and twice toward the end of the 4th. He was confused as to the play call and Smith had to help him after the first one. After the second time he was writhing in pain from the headache and was clearly dazed.
The odds are he will not play against NWA. If he is completely asymptomatic at the start of the practice week of the WI game he could start light activity to see if he is symptom free.
Every concussion makes one much more likely to have another one. Caution is the watchword. No game is more important than a young man's brain.

If Morgan is out Saturday, I wonder if they will get both QBs playing time early on and go with the guy that plays better?

His head hit the ground when he was sacked at the beginning of the 4th quarter and twice toward the end of the 4th. He was confused as to the play call and Smith had to help him after the first one. After the second time he was writhing in pain from the headache and was clearly dazed.
The odds are he will not play against NWA. If he is completely asymptomatic at the start of the practice week of the WI game he could start light activity to see if he is symptom free.
Every concussion makes one much more likely to have another one. Caution is the watchword. No game is more important than a young man's brain.

Was the first hit why we burned the timeout because the play clock was about to run out?

Was the first hit why we burned the timeout because the play clock was about to run out?
PJ explained on Kfan that he and Kirk didn’t like the play call. I don’t know why people keep blaming Morgan for this. Morgan is not calling the plays.

Top Bottom