JD Spielman run with the Cornhuskers

alchemy2u

Reaction score
Wonder how JD feels about his choice of going to the “greener” pastures of big red? They had a decent year his first year when he red shirted, but it has not been very good since he has gotten on the field. Has not played in a bowl game, lost to the U 2 out of 3 years he has been on the field. He didn’t look like he was having fun out there tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t think JD ever referred to Nebraska as greener pastures. The last staff was too busy chasing Dredrick Snelson to give JD the time of day and never made him a priority. I don’t blame him at all for going to Nebraska and don’t think we miss him. Our WRs are just fine.

The bigger question is how much fun is Bryce Benhart having at Nebraska...

He's on track for the NFL. Maybe he could've had the same type of individual success here, but then again, maybe not. Either way, I'm sure he's just fine with his decision.

He's on track for the NFL. Maybe he could've had the same type of individual success here, but then again, maybe not. Either way, I'm sure he's just fine with his decision.

Maybe. Is he good enough to overcome his lack of size?

I don’t think JD ever referred to Nebraska as greener pastures. The last staff was too busy chasing Dredrick Snelson to give JD the time of day and never made him a priority. I don’t blame him at all for going to Nebraska and don’t think we miss him. Our WRs are just fine.

The bigger question is how much fun is Bryce Benhart having at Nebraska...

What is going on at Lakeville North? Are they anti-Gophers?

Who cares? I think we can let it go now. Why are we so fragile? Let’s focus on cheering on guys who want to play for a 6-0 Minnesota team and not dwell on guys that said no

Spielman could replace Marcus Sherels as a punt returned (and play as agadget WR).

Who cares? I think we can let it go now. Why are we so fragile? Let’s focus on cheering on guys who want to play for a 6-0 Minnesota team and not dwell on guys that said no

I agree. I'm plenty happy with our top 4 WR's.

I’m not sure Spielman is a lock for the NFL, just like I’m not sure he would be one of the top 3 WRs on our team. I’m taking Johnson and Bateman over him every day of the week.

I’m not sure Spielman is a lock for the NFL, just like I’m not sure he would be one of the top 3 WRs on our team. I’m taking Johnson and Bateman over him every day of the week.

If he doesn't get drafted, he'll certainly find his way on to a PS. I'm guessing he does get drafted. I definitely agree with you though, that you take Johnson and Bateman over him every time. Spielman would be a great wr 3 for the vast majority of schools, but oh well, we are just fine at that position too.

I don't think the Gophers are at much of a loss without him (though it would be great if he were here), and I don't think Spielman is at much of a loss by not choosing them.

PJ Fleck will give the home state kids a chance if they are good enough. He is right in picking kids who want to be here. He is going to cast far and wide to get the best players available as it should be. Like he has said, he will recruit the best possible players.

The kids that don't buy in will transfer.

Top Bottom