CBS ranks Gophers the worst of the remaining 16 un-beatens

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

If we're still the worst of the unbeatens by the end of the season we'll be in pretty good shape.

Let's give that a couple weeks and we'll be passing some of those lower teams with a few more wins.

At this point just keep winning. If CBS or anyone else doesn't want to pay attention, fine. Put tallies in the win column and I'll be happy

Lets hope in a few weeks we are the worst 8-0 team in the history of the NCAA. Just win baby.

We're in pretty good company at this point! That's why the Nebraska game is so crucial - Gophers will be taken seriously if they win. Frost is being cute about Martinez, who probably won't play, but beware the two backup QBs: the number one, Vedral, can pass and run well and is a good field general who makes quick decisions - he may actually be better than Martinez, who is having an off year. Number two is Christian McCaffrey's brother, Luke, a fanatically devoted Husker who can play several positions and is desperate to start at QB someday.

This guy is a dumb ass and not just because he put Minnesota last.

Baylor would be two touchdown favorites against BSU and Minnesota would be favorite by 10.

Minnesota would also be favored against BSU, App. St. SMU, and WF.
And this is coming from the guy that called App State over UNC earlier this year.

The only one of these G5 teams that is legit is Memphis

We shall see if Memphis even survives their trip to Temple this weekend.

Despite a very good effort, I am yet to find a single reason I should care what Barrett Sallee thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baylor would be two touchdown favorites against BSU and Minnesota would be favorite by 10.

And this is coming from the guy that called App State over UNC earlier this year.

You are correct. Putting Minnesota behind all of those Group of 5 schools is insulting. He would probably put Villanova and Dartmouth ahead of us too.

Last edited:

If there is a list to be last on it would definitely be this one. A case could certainly be made that we should be a little higher but honestly just being on the list of unbeatens is all that really matters.

The one issue I will take with this is his writeup about us. Dinging the offense or our ypc average seems kind of dumb when we are scoring 35.8 points a game and coming off a blowout win in which we ran for over 300 yards. Hopefully we stay on this list for quite a bit longer so that we can see what other reasons he comes up with to keep us at the bottom.

Dori.jpg

Just keep winning Just keep winning

This isn't the only place I have seen teams like App State ranked ahead of the Gophers. After watching them slog it out down to the wire in a very underwhelming performance to nip the Rajun Cajuns last night, I fail to see the hype surrounding them.

So CBS....who is the best 0-5 team? Does anybody really care what you think?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I rank this CBS list as the BEST list to be ranked the worst at...

No problem with this and Im sure Fleck and the team love it. Make us earn it. I would rather us be underrated than overrated.

So CBS Sports posted this ranking to Instagram and a lot of fans are defending Minnesota and saying the Gophers should be higher.

Minnesota would not be favored against any of those teams you mentioned on the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Minnesota would not be favored against any of those teams you mentioned on the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You're wrong
On the road:
-4 @ smu
-6.5 @app st
-7 @wake forest
-6.5 @boise

Last edited:

It’s funny that during the off-season the Gophers were getting some top 25 love or am I thinking about another team?

It’s funny that during the off-season the Gophers were getting some top 25 love or am I thinking about another team?

Great point! In the weeks leading up to the season the Gophers were considered a fringe top 25 team. After running the record up to 5-0 the Gophers are now considered... a fringe top 25 team.

So, we're the lousiest of the best?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom