Michigan mailed it in

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Good thing there's Michigan, otherwise the Gophers would be the most disappointing team in the Big 10 this season. I hope Michigan plays with the same kind of (lack of) effort as they did last night at Northwestern when they come to Williams Arena next week. They looked like they barely cared, especially in the second half. Once Northwestern stretched the lead to about 8-9 points, the Wolverines pretty much mailed it in for the night. I suppose the same thing could be said about the Gophers in the Ohio State game, however.

If the Gophers want to legitimately get back into the NCAA conversation, they certainly have an opportunity to do so in these next 3 games.

I know we revel in the woe is me, hard to be a Minnesota fan stuff but I would argue that it has been much harder for Michigan fans over the last ten years. They seemingly have every advantage- local recruiting base, big time program, great university, big success in the 90s- and still they suck. Couple that with Michigan State's success over the same period and you must have a pretty frustrated fan base.

Add in recent football woes and it gets worse. I suspect Michigan football and basketball have never been so simultaneously awful.

I know everyone likes to talk about how the Gophers have regressed with basically the same team as last season. But we can at least attribute some of our problems to off the court stuff. With Michigan, this is quite literally the same team as last season and they have been a major disappointment basically from the start. And as far as I know, they haven't had nearly the same amount of turmoil off the court that we've had and yet they still have struggled mightily, basically from the start.

To be honest, I always felt they were vastly overrated, even last year. But their lack of good performances this year has even surprised me a bit.

That same overrated Michigan team beat the Gophers twice last year. Let's pray they don't do that again this year. Anyway, I think it has a lot to do with Bielien (sp?). He put together a great team at WV but hasn't connected with his new charges.

I still think Beilein was an excellent hire at Michigan. Long term, Michigan will be fine with him at the helm. Ditto for OTS at Minnesota. Despite disappointing seasons, these guys have proven track records, at multiple schools. They didn't forget how to coach overnight.

At least they got to the 2nd round last year and tested Oklahoma in the process...

I still think Beilein was an excellent hire at Michigan. Long term, Michigan will be fine with him at the helm. Ditto for OTS at Minnesota. Despite disappointing seasons, these guys have proven track records, at multiple schools. They didn't forget how to coach overnight.

If you think they are bad now, check out what they will be like next year with Sims gone and if Harris leaves for Europe or the NBDL.

They have a serious lack of talent. Wonder if he has 4 HS all americans coming in.

It's really kind of sad with the rich tradition of Michigan BB.

Top Bottom