All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Mitchell is expected to pick the Gophers, and Jamal Mashburn Jr.'s OV sounded like the final interview before accepting a position. He told RJ it was a "refresher" of his visit last year. It seems like it's a formality that he picks the Gophers.

If indeed they are both in the fold and there's 1 scholarship left, it goes to Dawson Garcia. I haven't heard anything on Walton, and Garcia has already visited. I was told by people in PL he'll make his choice before the hoops season, which puts it at about 3 weeks at the most. I would think getting commitments from Mitchell and Mashburn may accelerate that. Don't forget he visited with Mitchell. Indiana and Marquette are there as well, but I'm confident based on what I've heard Garcia stays home. We shall see.

Mitchell is expected to pick the Gophers, and Jamal Mashburn Jr.'s OV sounded like the final interview before accepting a position. He told RJ it was a "refresher" of his visit last year. It seems like it's a formality that he picks the Gophers.

If indeed they are both in the fold and there's 1 scholarship left, it goes to Dawson Garcia. I haven't heard anything on Walton, and Garcia has already visited. I was told by people in PL he'll make his choice before the hoops season, which puts it at about 3 weeks at the most. I would think getting commitments from Mitchell and Mashburn may accelerate that. Don't forget he visited with Mitchell. Indiana and Marquette are there as well, but I'm confident based on what I've heard Garcia stays home. We shall see.

So if Mitchell and Mashburn do commit does MN pull the Berry offer? If so, then does Doogie say we cooled on him? Or might it just be that we are in greater need of another big? Hmmm...

So if Mitchell and Mashburn do commit does MN pull the Berry offer? If so, then does Doogie say we cooled on him? Or might it just be that we are in greater need of another big? Hmmm...

Doogie will say we really wanted Berry but got beat out by another program

I hope you're right! What will be interesting the next two weeks is to see if/where Walton schedules visits before his UNC visit on Oct 26 and then to see where Garcia visits over the next few weeks (I believe he said he will take 2 more and I'm guessing Indiana will be one of them).

Mitchell and Mashburn are huge gets. Garcia would make this an unbelievable class. Overall, it looks like we are in good shape.

Mitchell
Mashburn
Garcia
Walton

Getting three of these guys is a very good class.
Getting three of these guys including Garcia is a GREAT class!

A class of Mitchell, Mashburn and Garcia would be top 20 in the country.

Gophers just picked up another crystal ball for Mashburn. Would be a hell of a start to get both Mitchell and Mashburn to start it off. biggest question tho. Is the sky still falling if we only get 1 in state guy?

Mitchell
Mashburn
Garcia
Walton

Getting three of these guys is a very good class.
Getting three of these guys including Garcia is a GREAT class!

100% agree. If we get Mitchell and Mashburn, but let's say we don't get Garcia or Walton, what does it look like for our 3rd spot?

Berry - If Mashburn is in the fold, I cannot see us taking Berry too with the guards we already have in the program
Gordon - Would be a good alternative to Walton, tall SG, visiting this weekend
Sibley - highly-rated 6'8 PF, but not sure how his game compares to Mitchell. He is down to Iowa and one other team, but says he is deciding soon.
Muscadin - Seems like he would be a good alternative if we can't get Garcia, but not sure he will last until Garcia decides; has been visiting some powerhouse programs the last few weeks (Kansas, Louisville, Texas Tech).

I guess if none of those then maybe we hold a spot for the spring?

Gophers just picked up another crystal ball for Mashburn. Would be a hell of a start to get both Mitchell and Mashburn to start it off. biggest question tho. Is the sky still falling if we only get 1 in state guy?

So long as we get talented guys, I don't care where they come from

Both Mitchell and Mashburn are crystal balled to Gophers. This could get exciting very quickly.
Is anyone covering Mitchell's announcement?

RJ saying over on GI Mashburn is likely to announce on Thursday and Gopher fans "should be excited." That would give us Mitchell and Mashburn as commits, with the hope that Garcia is the final domino.

Not to get conspiratorial, but sounds like a new program may be trying to swoop in.. why would a camera person delay "a few hours"

More important things to film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to get conspiratorial, but sounds like a new program may be trying to swoop in.. why would a camera person delay "a few hours"

What if it's not being covered by the Chicago news but it's just someone he got to come film for a social media video? I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

There could be a million reasons. Maybe something came up that he/she had to take care of. If another school is swooping in, delaying his commitment a few hours would make no sense. He would cancel today's announcement altogether.

What if it's not being covered by the Chicago news but it's just someone he got to come film for a social media video? I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

I assumed that's who was producing it (a semi-amateur multimedia person), which, to me, makes it even more odd that it's delayed for a few more hours. I doubt this person has other engagements that will delay this video

Insert, John McEnroe "You can't be serious" meme.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I assumed that's who was producing it (a semi-amateur multimedia person), which, to me, makes it even more odd that it's delayed for a few more hours. I doubt this person has other engagements that will delay this video

Lol what in the world are you talking about? Are you pretending to know the schedule of a person you don't even know?

Or he just is still editing it together? because he's not being paid?

Iowa calling? I would suspect the Illini but they wouldn't have room unless (likely) Hawkins decommits
Iowa has a commit from Chicago Heights' Ulis and its been suggested by Martice that Ulis is recruiting him. Note: same city, but the two play on different teams.

Or he just is still editing it together? because he's not being paid?

Or is he picking up a sick kid from school and watching him until his wife is home from work? There's like a million possibilities yet someone is convinced that there is only 1.

People gotta chill out, he’s gonna commit here, we didn’t get like 7 crystal balls today for no reason

People gotta chill out, he’s gonna commit here, we didn’t get like 7 crystal balls today for no reason

Correct, the kids put some time into these videos. It's obviously just an editing issue. It's already been filmed and decided, he's just waiting for it to post.

Top Bottom