Is there any chance this is a trap game?

Usually when people throw out the words trap game, they are looking for excuses in case they lose. Hate the term also, speaks to people incapable of taking responsibility. If you lose, own it. But I don’t think the gophers lose this one, hopefully they are ready.

Literally no one on this board has anything to "own" if they lose

I had to look this up. 2004 - Gophers were 6-2, coming off a 45-0 win over Illinois. Next game was against Indiana - and the Gophers lost 30-21. that might have been the trap game of all time. I was covering a HS playoff game that day, and as the Gopher scores were updated, nobody could believe it.
Gophs went in the tank after that and wound up regular season with a 7-5 record. (then beat some team named Alabama in the Music City Bowl...)

so, it can happen. hopefully, not this week.

I had to look this up. 2004 - Gophers were 6-2, coming off a 45-0 win over Illinois. Next game was against Indiana - and the Gophers lost 30-21. that might have been the trap game of all time. I was covering a HS playoff game that day, and as the Gopher scores were updated, nobody could believe it.
Gophs went in the tank after that and wound up regular season with a 7-5 record. (then beat some team named Alabama in the Music City Bowl...)

so, it can happen. hopefully, not this week.

I was at that game. I remember one of their fans drunkenly yelling at us that MN was a disgrace to the B1G and should be kicked out. I thought that was awful rich for an INDIANA fan.

I was at that game. I remember one of their fans drunkenly yelling at us that MN was a disgrace to the B1G and should be kicked out. I thought that was awful rich for an INDIANA fan.

Projection is a big deal these days.

Top Bottom