Friday
UCF vs Cincy
Twins at Yankees

Saturday
11:00 AM
Iowa at Michigan
Purdue at Penn St

2:30-ish
Auburn Florida (Auburn will blast them) Florida is most overrated SEC team.

Northwestern at Nebraska

Evening
Georgia gets to beat up Tennessee
MSU vs OSU (measuring stick game for MSU)
Cal vs Oregon

If Iowa blasts Michigan at home .... might it be the end for Harbaugh??

I saw some crazy stats on just how bad Michigan has been in "big" games under Harbaugh, despite his fairly stellar overall winning percentage. Seems like that is confirmed by the horrible loss to Wisconsin follow up by crushing Rutgers a week later.

Hope NW can get back on track and soften Nebraska up.

PAC champ is now guaranteed to be at least a 1-loss team, they're hoping like heck that a team like Oregon, Washington, or Utah can emerge with 1-loss and get in the playoff over some other 1-loss team. They desperately need Ohio St, Oklahoma, and/or Clemson to lose to someone.

Week six other games thread Oct 3-5

Figured I’d move on over from the thread about the Gophers in the Rose Bowl and/or national playoff to report Georgia Southern is down late against South Alabama on ESPNU.

They are playing with their first string QB (as opposed to the backup that played against the Gophers) and have put up 10 points through half the fourth quarter. Down 14-10.

Probably not exactly pushing the Sagarin up for MN.

Any predictions? I like looking for "upsets"... As much as I hate iowa I think they have a decent chance at Michigan. And it's about that time of the season where Northwestern starts winning so I bet they beat Nebraska

Figured I’d move on over from the thread about the Gophers in the Rose Bowl and/or national playoff to report Georgia Southern is down late against South Alabama on ESPNU.

They are playing with their first string QB (as opposed to the backup that played against the Gophers) and have put up 10 points through half the fourth quarter. Down 14-10.

Yikes, their best defensive player got injured, and they had to carry him off the field...the one who returned the blocked FG for a TD against us. Looks like this season will be a trainwreck for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be a Talon sighting in this thread.

Gave up a field goal but with their backs against the wall and time running out, drove down to the 5 yard line.

Scored the tying TD. Looks like overtime. Georgia Southern is 1-3 and South Alabama is 1-4 with a respectable loss to Nebraska.

17-17 with 20 seconds left.

Georgia State learned to play close games against us. Let's see if they can finish!!!

Ga St gave up a FG Block.
They learned that against us as well.

GA STATE with a big penalty after getting the first down in OT.
Re-did 3rd and six and didn't get it, and Werts was across the line of scrimmage. They will need to make a FG and have their defense stop USA.

South Ala is 0 for 9 on 3rd down conversions today. Both TD's were long plays. Only 4 first downs for South AL.

Missed FG.

South Alabama just has to score to win.

So Alabama with chance to beat GA ST.

South Alabama loses a yard on first down.
Then offsides.
Then incomplete pass.
Then draw play for 2-3 yards.
45 yarder to win.

FG Blocked.

GA STATE with a big penalty after getting the first down in OT.
Re-did 3rd and six and didn't get it, and Werts was across the line of scrimmage. They will need to make a FG and have their defense stop USA.

South Ala is 0 for 9 on 3rd down conversions today. Both TD's were long plays. Only 4 first downs for South AL.

Both teams have respectable defenses, but brutal offenses. The triple option bag of tricks isn’t fooling anyone this season, except for Maine.

S Alabama missed FG too. They play on!

Good thing Georgia State won. That should help our Sagarin.

There was (still is for some reason?) a GSU poster on here. They were calling his team State because Southern fans hate when people mix the two.

There was (still is for some reason?) a GSU poster on here. They were calling his team State because Southern fans hate when people mix the two.

Got it, I must have missed when that started. He definitely deserves to be trolled a bit.

UCF up 3 vs Cincy. Cincy was leading earlier. 3rd quarter. UCF losing would likely open a top 25 slot for another SEC or ACC team.

Cincy pick six. 20-16 Bearcats lead

Bearcats drive for another TD.

27-16.
The post Scott Frost UCF team might be trending downward.

UCF gets TD and 2 pt conversion. 27-24 with 3:11 left.

Michigan jumping on Iowa at the Big House early. Ferentz and Little Ferentz arent built to come back from deficits. Hoping this goes our way.

Purdue banged up and dudes getting ejected. Penn St hammering them.

Maybe GSU stands for Gopher State University.

Top Bottom