Week 5 - Other Games Thread

Nice to see we aren't the only team committing bonehead penalties that keep the defense on the field. Wisconsin gives a gift facemask to NW on a punt and now NW is knocking on the door to tie the game.

Northwestern giving Wisconsin all they can handle right now. This is the brutal defensive battle I think we expected out of Michigan last week. Coan is struggling as well.

Northwestern runs the least creative offense I've ever seen. And I watch Big Ten football.

Wisconsin looks slow in those ugly uniforms. That must be it.

I’d love for N’Western to pull the upset, but I have zero faith in Hunter Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sneaking suspicion that Michigan isn't any good. Why am I confident in thinking this? Because they're not on our schedule this year.

Safe to say once again gopher fans were too early predicting Wisconsin demise

I am aware of precisely zero gopher fans that have predicted the badgers demise. You’re drunk on that Natty Light again.

Wisconsin looks slow in those ugly uniforms. That must be it.

Those throwbacks are a damn mess. As close to bloody-vomit as a team can look.

Why “throwback” to the era of all those dozens of 0-4 win seasons that none of your fans knew about?

Those throwbacks are a damn mess. As close to bloody-vomit as a team can look.

Why “throwback” to the era of all those dozens of 0-4 win seasons that none of your fans knew about?

My son asked me why they weren't wearing any pants��

I mean, it's clear that NW isn't going to win this game (you generally have to score points to win), but it gives me some hope that both teams are beatable. Is our offense better than NW's?

Northwestern giving Wisconsin all they can handle right now. This is the brutal defensive battle I think we expected out of Michigan last week. Coan is struggling as well.

I think (hope) Wisconsin is showing that they are still very one-dimensional. Northwestern didn't seem to have much of a rushing defense coming into this game, but they appear to have the right gameplan. They just have no offense.

A Wisconsin defender runs through untouched, strips the ball from Hunter Johnson, leading to a scoop and score. 14-3 sconnie.

I hope the NW offense is this bad when we play them.

A Wisconsin defender runs through untouched, strips the ball from Hunter Johnson, leading to a scoop and score. 14-3 sconnie.

I hope the NW offense is this bad when we play them.

NW offense has really struggled all year. And yeah, they look awful on offense. Their defense is playing well but the offense is giving them zero help of any kind.

I bet stockers kids on NW +24. Getting worried

Wheels coming off for Northwestern. Switched over to the barn burner between 1-2 Northern Illinois and Purdue opponent 0-3 Vanderbilt, who are holding off the Huskies 24-18 in the fourth!

I know Croft is a favorite whipping boy/worst QB candidate but we’re seeing some competition at Northwestern.

And just like that Aidan Smith throws a TD strike to make me sound like a (bigger) ass. Fitz is pulling some wierd Kiffin 2 pt bs and they’re getting stuffed. Man. Now down by 9.

The NW coaching decisions are SO bad this game. What in the hell is that staff doing...

The NW coaching decisions are SO bad this game. What in the hell is that staff doing...

Maybe no kicker/confidence in OT. Wierd because they’ve been stuffing Wisconsin on defense all day. Wisconsin has one offensive TD.

Fitz has to be kicking himself. Legitimate chance to take top 10 team to OT and he blew it.

Why the F would Northwestern go for 2 when you could put the game to 8 points by kicking the extra point? Makes no sense at all. They probably weren't going to make the comeback and win anyway but that was just a stupid decision that makes zero sense.

Will be interesting to here what Fitz says when asked about that decision because I can't think of any possible justification that will make any sense.

Why the F would Northwestern go for 2 when you could put the game to 8 points by kicking the extra point? Makes no sense at all. They probably weren't going to make the comeback and win anyway but that was just a stupid decision that makes zero sense.

Will be interesting to here what Fitz says when asked about that decision because I can't think of any possible justification that will make any sense.

I disagree. If you make the two-point conversion, whether now or later, you're in the same situation either way. But if you miss the two-point conversion, you're significantly better off knowing that you need another possession with more time left to do something about it.

They missed the two-point conversion with about 4:00 to go. It's a lot better to have that information at that point rather than with a few seconds left.

Everyone is gonna see the highlights anyway, but worth mentioning for posterity's sake that UNC is up on Clemson 7-0 as the 1st quarter ends.

Couple ties at half.

Clemson and NC

Also

Mich St and Indiana

Both games at 14-14

Top Bottom