Week 5 - Other Games Thread

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Notable games

Tonight
Navy vs Memphis (not really that notable... it's the only game though)

Friday
Penn St at Maryland (a very talented squad with a lot of speed!!!)
Arizona St vs Cal

Saturday

Early:
Rutgers at Michigan. ---- how fun would it be if?
Northwestern at Wisconsin -- good measuring stick game
MTSU at Iowa - --- fortunately for Iowa this is at home and not in the humidity and heat

Late:
Ohio St at Nebraska

https://506sports.com/ncaaf.php

Last edited:

Notable games

Tonight
Navy vs Memphis (not really that notable... it's the only game though)

Friday
Penn St at Maryland (a very talented squad with a lot of speed!!!)
Arizona St vs Cal

Saturday

Early:
Rutgers at Michigan. ---- how fun would it be if?
Northwestern at Wisconsin -- good measuring stick game
MTSU at Iowa - --- fortunately for Iowa this is at home and not in the humidity and heat

Late:
Ohio St at Nebraska

https://506sports.com/ncaaf.php

Likely losses for two of our B1G West rivals (Northwestern and Nebraska). If we can beat Purdue, that would make three B1G West rivals losing while we win.

It's a fine opportunity. Gotta beat Purdue.

Penn State putting a butt whoopin on Maryland so far (end of 1st quarter). Maryland can't get out of their own way and looks terrible - Terrapin OLine is sieve-like.

Penn State putting a butt whoopin on Maryland so far (end of 1st quarter). Maryland can't get out of their own way and looks terrible - Terrapin OLine is sieve-like.

I did not see this coming. I'm not sure Penn St is actually this good. Maryland has two bad picks and some awful penalties

2nd quarter, Maryland has pulled starting QB Jackson for Pigrome.

The 2nd quarter isn't half over and it appears Maryland is laying down. Wow

Maryland lost #2 on offense and their starting right tackle.

Not my best upset pick.

Maybe Syracuse is bad and Maryland crushing them meant nothing?

Wow. 38-0

Maybe Penn St is 100 points better than Syracuse!

Maryland: So talented! So fast! So... meh.

Penn State: They look like a finely-tuned machine. Extremely well-coached.

Maryland is not good. Seems like three years in a row they had a flash in the pan out of conference, but they were bad the last two years. Looks like they are bad this year too.

Maryland is not good. Seems like three years in a row they had a flash in the pan out of conference, but they were bad the last two years. Looks like they are bad this year too.

Yeah but I don't think PSU is top 12 good. This is a weird game and PSU will be ranked top 10 next week. Not bad for us.

Total yards

Penn State: 604
Maryland 126

With 1:10 left in the game.

59-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total yards

Penn State: 604
Maryland 126

With 1:10 left in the game.

59-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like my upset pick didn't quite come through for me.

Looks like my upset pick didn't quite come through for me.

Same here....

Switched over to ASU at Cal. Cal ranked 15, and ASU HAD been in the top 25 earlier in the season. I am unimpressed with both teams, to say the least.

It's too bad that Penn State and Syracuse don't play. Cuse would surely win and blow all of our transitive property minds.

Same here....

Switched over to ASU at Cal. Cal ranked 15, and ASU HAD been in the top 25 earlier in the season. I am unimpressed with both teams, to say the least.

I just think they aren't scoring a ton. Both teams are doing well this season because they play good defense.

Yeah but I don't think PSU is top 12 good. This is a weird game and PSU will be ranked top 10 next week. Not bad for us.

Penn State is definitely top 10 good. Pitt is no slouch and what they just did to Maryland was pretty impressive.

59-0 rings a bell for a certain Big Ten championship game. That highlight reel was epic.

The good news a team the Gophers play at home got smoked by another Big Ten Team. The bad news the Gophers also play them at home.
I don't think Maryland is as bad as they looked (winnable but not a push over) and Penn State is not that good (take care of business at home).

The good news a team the Gophers play at home got smoked by another Big Ten Team. The bad news the Gophers also play them at home.
I don't think Maryland is as bad as they looked (winnable but not a push over) and Penn State is not that good (take care of business at home).

I agree. It's easy to overreact to one game, and a game in which one team gave up partway through at that.

I would love to see Northwestern challenge Wisconsin, today, as they have a history of winning ugly games, but I don't think this year's version of NU is capable of that. This looks like the worst NU team I have seen in many years.

That Maryland game...Yikes. They cancelled classes yesterday for the game. And then in front of a sellout crowd...Ouch.

Makes me wonder if the U of M would ever cancel class for football. It is hard enough to get them to cancel it for snow.

Also, those Wisconsin uniforms are freaking ugly as heck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That Maryland game...Yikes. They cancelled classes yesterday for the game. And then in front of a sellout crowd...Ouch.

Makes me wonder if the U of M would ever cancel class for football. It is hard enough to get them to cancel it for snow.

Also, those Wisconsin uniforms are freaking ugly as heck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vs anyone else - yep. The fortyniner look and throwback helmet a massive improvement over the usual get up.

Safe to say once again gopher fans were too early predicting Wisconsin demise

Northwestern with the classic running inside into plus boxes on early downs and low percentage third down throw. They must not have confidence in their QB or receivers - wonder why

Top Bottom