What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in the Georgia Southern win?

What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in the Georgia Southern win?

• A

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • B

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • C

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • F

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Players and Ga. Southern DB's bailed out the staff.

Had we lost, it would have definitely been an F, but at the end of the day, it was good enough to win, so I went C, but felt generous.

I posted this elsewhere, but seems relevant here. Timeout usage is very frustrating. Does anyone know why we cant get plays called in more efficiently? Seems like every week we either are burning timeouts, taking delay of game penalties, or letting precious seconds tick off in hurry up situations because we cant communicate well enough.

The 4th and 1 call was absolutely boneheaded. No idea why you risk opening the door for this opponent when up 8 late in the half and standing to get the ball to start the second.

Rossi-B+
Ciarocca D
Fleck D-

I’m guessing I couldn’t have started this poll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won, so I gave them a C. Let's call it a C- though. Lots of interesting decisions made and I'm not entirely sure they had the team ready to play.

They won, so I gave them a C. Let's call it a C- though. Lots of interesting decisions made and I'm not entirely sure they had the team ready to play.

This is pretty much how I feel. D played adequately (not great...but well enough). O played adequately (35 points). So the coaches did enough to prepare the team and make that happen. They also made some boneheaded calls (timeouts, going on 4th, running Green into 9 man boxes...etc, etc.) that put the game in jeopardy. Feels like a C-

Had we lost, it would have definitely been an F, but at the end of the day, it was good enough to win, so I went C, but felt generous.

I posted this elsewhere, but seems relevant here. Timeout usage is very frustrating. Does anyone know why we cant get plays called in more efficiently? Seems like every week we either are burning timeouts, taking delay of game penalties, or letting precious seconds tick off in hurry up situations because we cant communicate well enough.

The 4th and 1 call was absolutely boneheaded. No idea why you risk opening the door for this opponent when up 8 late in the half and standing to get the ball to start the second.

The timeout thing has been from day 1 with Fleck. Complete head scratcher.

The timeout thing has been from day 1 with Fleck. Complete head scratcher.

True. I figure it is some “new age” thing where they don’t feel TOs are as important as us “old school” folks do.

C would be 'mediocre' and F would mean we lost.

So Fleck & Co get a D from me this week.

It definitely would have been an F if not for that spectacular drive to end the game.

I want to go D, but I'm going C because they won, and the last drive was well coached to win the game.
Defense only gave up 8 yards in the second half.

True. I figure it is some “new age” thing where they don’t feel TOs are as important as us “old school” folks do.

Maybe they aren't. I hated his TO call on the 2 point conversion, but it turns out we didn't need it.

Gave a D...mainly on the coaches.

The word "boneheaded" used several times in this thread. That was my in-game expression too. Haven't used it in a sentence in a long time...but very much warranted yesterday.

You people showing cattle next week?
Or, you worried about your offensive lines?

Then I have a slave trade for you!

I've got whips, brands, shackles, hoes, skids, and much more for your coaching slave. You don't like his performance? My braided, 9 tail, all natural whip can beat the excuses right out of him. And, talk about value! Once you see your coach whipped up good, you will have the satisfaction knowing he will no longer grieve you anymore. Gua-ran-tied to stop runs, as he won't be getting up anytime soon. And, passing? No problem. Your coach can be whipped right up to the point of passing away. And, d-fence. He won't be jumping those either.

That's right folks, step right over to Deano's Slave Dispensary, because we love making personnel performance a big thing. If your gonna whip em, whip em good!

Disclaimer: Gopherhole, USA Today, KSTP, and the Vladimir Putin do not endorse the use of whips, skids, slave talk. Nor do they endorse the nonsense of Dean S.

In that C/C- camp that a bunch of you seem to be falling into after this one. Lots to work on during the bye week for both the players and the staff. Hopefully they can find that group that finished off the season last year and break them out during Big Ten play again.

In that C/C- camp that a bunch of you seem to be falling into after this one. Lots to work on during the bye week for both the players and the staff. Hopefully they can find that group that finished off the season last year and break them out during Big Ten play again.

Majority are in the D-F camp. Somebody described the start of this season as a Hot Mess...pretty spot on.

I want to go D, but I'm going C because they won, and the last drive was well coached to win the game.
Defense only gave up 8 yards in the second half.

I was so involved with all the negative stuff that I saw where it distracted me how good the defense really was on defense in the 2nd half. 8 yards? Thats pretty good.

I was so involved with all the negative stuff that I saw where it distracted me how good the defense really was on defense in the 2nd half. 8 yards? Thats pretty good.

Yeah, tough to separate that at the time. The scores were OL/Blocking issues. The D did their job 2H.

So close to a blowout. Had to be to give up 2 touchdowns when GSU didn't even have possession!

That's the spread right there.

So close to a blowout. Had to be to give up 2 touchdowns when GSU didn't even have possession!

That's the spread right there.

Since we won, I gave them a D. The timeout on the GSU 2 point conversion is still unbelieveable. Whether they go for 1 or 2 was irrelevant at that time. Ridiculous use of a timeout.

Top Bottom