I've Seen Enough

Count me as another supporter of Richie extremely disillusioned. I’m going to need a miracle to not want him fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me as another supporter of Richie extremely disillusioned. I’m going to need a miracle to not want him fired.

I'm with you. Really bummed, but unless we win the last 3, it's probably time for a change

I said I was selling after Illinois fiasco and nothing has changed my mind. If Pitino and staff are coaching for their lives and players are playing for tourney birth, you just CAN NOT LOSE TO RUTGERS. Inexcusable. It's too bad too because I really like Richard as a person but whatever "it" is, he doesn't have it when it comes to being a head coach at a major program.

Shaka? Howland? Are you nuts?

Almost everyone would have said the same about getting Tubby in 2007. Frankly, Howland might be easier to get than Musselman. Mississippi State is not a good job. He makes $2 million. We can pay more than that. Shaka is a reach, but it doesn't hurt to make the call.

The firing needs to happen now. When you go into RUT who was 1-5 coming in and lose, NEB who had lost like 9 in a row LOSS, Mich St playing worst of the year, smashed. Not only have we made 0 improvement but consider:
Murphy/McBrayer/Stull/Matz graduation Hurt/IW seem likely to transfer. That means 6 players out and only 1 in. So we at most could lose one recruit, and assume Oturu/Gabe/Coffey all stick it out as they are MN boys, and the two transfers hopefully stick it out after sitting this year out, figure that is a positive. Also as some have mentioned we need a new coach in before the massive 2020 recruiting year. There really is no reason to not go in a new direction this year.

What is the reason that some still support Pitino, at this point I am currious what suggests he can be successful, I just don't get it.

The team has acquired a loser mentality in the final 5 minutes. Confidence or lack of confidence can be traced to the coach. Pitino has not picked his team up with tactics or psychology and it really showed again tonight.

Good news is that our two best players are freshmen.

The last 5 minutes don’t bother me. Zero bench so I’d expect the starters to be drained. I blame the coaches for not putting more than 5 players on the team...for six years now.

What is the reason that some still support Pitino, at this point I am currious what suggests he can be successful, I just don't get it.

I'm with you. I don't see one single reason to keep him after the season.

I'm with you. Really bummed, but unless we win the last 3, it's probably time for a change

Flipping seriously?.......after all the schit you've said to people who called this over and over and over

Ain't that special.

If we retain Pitino where does the hope come from? Carr might be a nice player and an upgrade over McBreyer. But losing Murphy is huge. Curry can't come close to replacing him and neither can Omersa. I will be surprised if IW doesn't transfer and possibly Hurt. How is a coach on a blazing hot seat going to fill 4-5 scholarships in the Spring? We are a 7-10 team poised to be worse next year, not better.

As for the 2020 recruiting class, no one is committing to this program when there's a chance the coach will be fired before they set foot on campus. Our chances of getting them are actually much better with a new coach regardless of who it is.

He’s so good at Twitter

Almost everyone would have said the same about getting Tubby in 2007. Frankly, Howland might be easier to get than Musselman. Mississippi State is not a good job. He makes $2 million. We can pay more than that. Shaka is a reach, but it doesn't hurt to make the call.

The Shaka situation would be a lot like Tubby.

I am not 100% sure Texas doesn't start looking to get rid of him. He has not been good there.

Flipping seriously?.......after all the schit you've said to people who called this over and over and over

Ain't that special.

Thank you! A well deserved reminder.

The Shaka situation would be a lot like Tubby.

I am not 100% sure Texas doesn't start looking to get rid of him. He has not been good there.

I don't think Texas fires him this year, but like Tubby it's best to get out of town before they drive you out.

I will be surprised if IW doesn't transfer and possibly Hurt. How is a coach on a blazing hot seat going to fill 4-5 scholarships in the Spring? We are a 7-10 team poised to be worse next year, not better.

As for the 2020 recruiting class, no one is committing to this program when there's a chance the coach will be fired before they set foot on campus. Our chances of getting them are actually much better with a new coach regardless of who it is.

Agree on everything. Maybe IW would stick around with a new coach.

Fleck needs a buddy to hang out with...?

Ain't that special.
It's WriterGoph's prerogative to do this. You just look petty being upset.

I enjoy hearing their views and thoughts on both sides.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ain't that special.

Suck my a**. You spent the whole season crying like the little c--t you are. You are a f------g fraud. Your life is obviously meaningless. I never said I wouldn't pass judgement at the end of the season.

I am cheering for the team to win. You're a troll on a message board. You literally only were around when we lost. Don't act like you're some fan with best intentions for the program.

I think some people are letting the season play out. We still have three games left and a B1G Tournament. We could still make the NCAA Tournament....and I don't think it's a given he gets fired even if we don't make it. I would be for replacing Pitino if we don't make the NCAA Tournament. But let's get to the end of the season before we make a decision, rather than say fire him after every loss or keep him after every win.

I think some people are letting the season play out. We still have three games left and a B1G Tournament. We could still make the NCAA Tournament....and I don't think it's a given he gets fired even if we don't make it. I would be for replacing Pitino if we don't make the NCAA Tournament. But let's get to the end of the season before we make a decision, rather than say fire him after every loss or keep him after every win.

At a certain point, you don't need to let it play out anymore. We're not winning our last 3. We'll be lucky to win one of them.

I would be for replacing Pitino if we don't make the NCAA Tournament. But let's get to the end of the season before we make a decision, rather than say fire him after every loss or keep him after every win.

As George Bernard Shaw said: "One does not have to eat an entire barrel of apples to know that it is rotten."

Suck my a**. You spent the whole season crying like the little c--t you are. You are a f------g fraud. Your life is obviously meaningless. I never said I wouldn't pass judgement at the end of the season.

Wow! Pretty lowbrow guttersnipe stuff from someone with the pretensions to call himself "WriterGoph."

Without a drastic change to end the season I would think bringing Pitino back next year would be a hard sell for the AD to the fan base.

For those who still support Pitino I assume they believe what he is trying to sell to the AD.

This is what he said to Marcus Fuller in the Q&A.

“I feel great about the program to be quite honest with you. We’re going to continue to fight and see if we can get into the tournament. We’re excited about recruiting with Tre’ Williams in the fold. He’s a guy who has shot up in every ranking as a four-star player and a top-100 kid. We’ve got two guys in (transfers) Payton Willis and Marcus Carr who are really, really going to help. I think Eric Curry with a good offseason will be back even healthier. I feel really good about it”

Last edited:

“I feel great about the program to be quite honest with you."

One could make an argument that he deserves to be fired just for saying that.

Wow! Pretty lowbrow guttersnipe stuff from someone with the pretensions to call himself "WriterGoph."

I'm glad you liked it. Honestly, I hope we keep Pitino so you can keep whining for another season. I don't want you to lose your day job.

Top Bottom