How empty will TCF be next year if Tim

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Brewster returns? How many fewer season tickets will be sold?

How many sold seats will be empty after a USC pasting followed up the usual incompetence to begin the Big Ten season?

Watching this awful offense is painful. ; these clowns just trotted out the same old tired, failed garbage.
Maybe they should have spent December watching the old films of the old Maroney/Barber/Russell one back running plays with Speath, two WRs and numerous linemen wiping out the defenders. Maybe they should have looked at the old Cockerham speed option offense that could have been put in in six weeks with Gray running it. This offensive staff is a disgrace.

How many Iowa fans will be sitting in TCF Bank Stadium in November? I am guessing 18,000.

Selling Brewster to the public has become an impossible task. Minnesota Football is becoming a laughing stock once again.

With the incompetence of this group, even if they were able to recruit some version of the '85 Chicago Bears, they'd still never win the Big 10.

It's an interesting angle that probably can never be quantified ... although I think enough fans will keep their seats because of the beauty/fun factor of TCF, but many will dump their tickets as well.

I think turnout will be similar to the last half of this season until we start winning. I think it will be telling to see what the renewal rate is for season tix.

It won't matter. The fact of the case is that there are a modicum of die hards due to lack of traditions by the move to the dome. It'll take a while to build the base. In the meantime folks will float in and out carried by the appropriate band wagon.

Hopefully a lot. It will mean more tickets available for me to purchase.

Had 2 season tickets this past year and will be getting 4 this next year.

I am pissed right now about this team, especially seeing how well Northwestern played today but you can count me for renewing my 4 tickets next year. No way I would give the satisfaction to those barnies from the south to be able to sit in my seats!

My hope is that the ticket brokers who own about 30% of the seats around me will lose interest and I or other Gopher fans can snap them up. I will definitely buy more tickets if given the opportunity. Thank you, Minnesotans, for being fair-weather fans.

How many sold seats will be empty after a USC pasting followed up the usual incompetence to begin the Big Ten season?

Watching this awful offense is painful. ; these clowns just trotted out the same old tired, failed garbage.
Maybe they should have spent December watching the old films of the old Maroney/Barber/Russell one back running plays with Speath, two WRs and numerous linemen wiping out the defenders. Maybe they should have looked at the old Cockerham speed option offense that could have been put in in six weeks with Gray running it. This offensive staff is a disgrace.

How many Iowa fans will be sitting in TCF Bank Stadium in November? I am guessing 18,000.

Selling Brewster to the public has become an impossible task. Minnesota Football is becoming a laughing stock once again.

With the incompetence of this group, even if they were able to recruit some version of the '85 Chicago Bears, they'd still never win the Big 10.

Maybe you will stop coming and quit bitching?? Not likely I know, but it really would have been a nice way to start 2010....

How empty will TCF be next year if Tim Brewster returns? How many fewer season tickets will be sold?

There is no "if." Brewster will be here next year. If you don't like it, feel free to walk away. More time for you to complain about the band not marching down University.

How many times did your mother....

drop you on your head when you were a baby?

There WILL be a drop off but they have new plans for the student situation so idk we might notice 1,000-2,000 less?? I know two different people who arn't renewing their season tickets.

"'This offensive staff is a disgrace."

and so are people who say they are not going to renew because of a coach. Those would be people that we want to give up their seats. I have sat in three different stadiums, endured Salem, Holz, Guty, Wacker, Mason, and now Brewster. There will be more to add to the list in the future. The bottom line is I have met many friends, recruited several devoted fans, and enjoyed some really good times all because of Gopher football and my season tickets. So when some tool is telling you they are giving up their seats because they don't like the coach, what they are really saying is they are not having any fun due to their inability to make friends, share a common bond, figure out how to have a good time.

and so are people who say they are not going to renew because of a coach. Those would be people that we want to give up their seats. I have sat in three different stadiums, endured Salem, Holz, Guty, Wacker, Mason, and now Brewster. There will be more to add to the list in the future. The bottom line is I have met many friends, recruited several devoted fans, and enjoyed some really good times all because of Gopher football and my season tickets. So when some tool is telling you they are giving up their seats because they don't like the coach, what they are really saying is they are not having any fun due to their inability to make friends, share a common bond, figure out how to have a good time.

:clap:

Very nice. Sums up my thoughts on the value of sports well.

We gave Mason 10 freaking years and kept him even after it was painfully clear his program had peaked at mediocrity and was regressing from there. We can all give Brewster another year, but the general public may not be so generous. I still would love to see Brewster succeed and I hope he does. He's going to get one last chance to show that he has the program headed in the right direction and the measurement will be W's and L's.

Brewster took a team that most people expected to win about 7 games, and won 6. I have no idea how the fan base will be able to overcome such extreme dissapointment.

Mason was out not becuase his teams had mediocre outcomes, but because he had mediocre outcomes and a program that was showing no signs of improving. Brewsters program is quite different, he is doing much to signify his program is improving.

People like to make it out to be about the wins and losses. It's not, it's about the direction of the program and whether the program can grow to a point to produce the desired wins. Mason could not show that he could deliver that type of a program. Brewster has improved his every year. You would have to be blind or not paying attention not to see the vast improvement in talent and signs that the team will be better in the future.

Penn ST; USC, Ohio St; and Iowa all at home next year.I don't believe selling tickets or empty seats will be a problem.

Mason was out not becuase his teams had mediocre outcomes, but because he had mediocre outcomes and a program that was showing no signs of improving. Brewsters program is quite different, he is doing much to signify his program is improving.

People like to make it out to be about the wins and losses. It's not, it's about the direction of the program and whether the program can grow to a point to produce the desired wins. Mason could not show that he could deliver that type of a program. Brewster has improved his every year. You would have to be blind or not paying attention not to see the vast improvement in talent and signs that the team will be better in the future.

The gophers were the more talented team and yet last night got beat by a first year head coach. A positive direction is to see the team progressing as the season goes along and getting better, that has not happened for 3 years now. Please continue to profess to us however how you are the all-knowing and we just don't get it.

Re the devil you know, how I long for the days of Mason. My four tickets will be dumped and I will not buy again until this blowhard Brewster is back as a position coach where he belongs. Iowa State was a really bad team and they actually beat us. WOW!

+1

Brewster took a team that most people expected to win about 7 games, and won 6. I have no idea how the fan base will be able to overcome such extreme dissapointment.

Agreed, how people are disappointed in this season is beyond me, we are where we are expected to be making progress and improvements. Next year and the year after are the big years, these seasons are transition and building blocks, they are not about wins and losses but are setting us up for the future.

The next two years are not about wins and losses? At one point can we reasonably start to expect to see results on the field and in the win column?

Let's face it, without improvement on the offensive end, next year will be Brewsters last. Does not have to be Rose Bowl bound, but cannot be as bad as it was this year.

They will draw next year no matter what, 2011 will be the crunch year.

You're a real glass-quarter-full kind of guy, aren't you?

Wow, the 'love-it-or-leave-it" homers are really taking it to anyone who dares question renewing their season tickets. Reminds me of the hapless Republicans in the last years of Bush: agree with us 100% or we're kicking you out of the party (Colin Powell, George Buckley, etc., etc.). Pretty soon we'll be able to count the remaining 'true' Gopher fans on one hand.

Having your ticket season experience be about making friends, the gameday experience, etc., and such is great. Unfortunately that's about all Gopher fans have. But to question the 'loyalty', or say non-renewers are 'band-wagoners' is absurd. You Gopher die-hards might be interested to know that their are OTHER ways to make lifelong friends that don't involve Gopher football. There are OTHER activities that provide just as much fun as Gopher Football. If you don't believe that maybe YOU should skip a few games and get out a bit more. Gopher Football is an entertainment choice that costs money. If people don't like the product, they won't renew. Especially when the economy's tough. They will weigh the cost/benefit and make a choice. That's reality, and it's the RIGHT thing to do. I've made plenty more life-long friends through kids sports, barbeques with friends and neighbors, hunting and fishing, biking, softball team, etc., etc., etc. than I have at Gophs FB. Saturdays NOT spent at Gopher Football games would simply mean MORE time in those other pursuits. And would save me $600 bucks (way more actually, considering parking, stadium food, etc.)

Ultimately, after consideration I will be renewing. Although the thought has crossed my mind not too. If my wavering makes you feel like you are a 'superior' fan, so be it. I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

No chance, I waited almost 30 years for this, so I am

Maybe you will stop coming and quit bitching?? Not likely I know, but it really would have been a nice way to start 2010....

not leaving. I was irritated from the first moment I heard Tim Brewster, butI'll be at the games a lot lot longer than he will.

Attack me all you want, but it you think the pre-game

There is no "if." Brewster will be here next year. If you don't like it, feel free to walk away. More time for you to complain about the band not marching down University.

atmosphere last year was anything but a failure, again you are drinking the kool aid.

The lack of the Univ. Ave parade was huge, and the so called March Around was less than what was done at the Metrodome. It was all very underwhelming.

The empty big buck tailgating losts, and the screwing of the small businesses who could have sold a few spots to fans was beyond belief. The City and U really conspired to screw those guys (and the fans).

Back to the Univ. Ave march being stopped, the whole thing outside the stadium was inferior to most Big Ten game day experiences other than the Alumni Center/ Plaza events.

Ultimately, it IS about wins and losses while developing a program that consistently reloads instead of rebuilds... Brew may have some better athletes in his locker room, but the jury is very much out on his ability to construct a top tier program (keeping a consistent staff in place comes to mind...). Mason's tenure here mimicked his tenure in Kansas. He had some really impressive teams followed by clunkers. He wasn't Joel's coach and the embarrassing TTech loss was a perfect out.

Bruininks and Maturi took a huge gamble on Brew. If he doesn't put some noteworthy wins on the board next year, they will be stepping away from the table and cashing in the chips.

They cannot afford to have TCF empty. Rest assured.

Schnoodler -

I've come to respect your posts and opinions of the state of the program. I can't agree with this post, however. At the end of the day, it always is about wins and losses. Otherwise, why even bother to play on Saturday? On paper, the team has improved each of the last three years. Unfortunately, the baseline (1-11) was set artificially low by decisions made by Brewster (spread offense) and he ultimately walked away from the spread. If you throw out year one of his tenure the program has not advanced on the field in any meaningful way from the previous regime. While the D has improved, the offense has regressed. Special teams have been a push in my eyes. The recruiting services clearly indicate that there is more potential talent on our roster now than any time in recent history. The lack of a consistent philosophy, however, begs the question of whether we have the right kids to implement the current O scheme. The D is losing 9 players this year. Will the potential talent translate to on the field success on both/either side of the ball? I would venture to say that there are more unanswered questions about out there about the state of the program coming into year 4 than any of us would like or expected.

All this said, Brewster will be back and there's no reason we should be debating his status for next year. I for one will be willing to endure a 4-5 win season next year IF there are clear signs that there is a solid philosophical foundation that can endure OC/DC and position coach changes in the years to come. For Brewster it will be the proverbial "put up or shut up" year. Brewster needs to demonstrate that he has learned how to be a HC and that Fisch has learned how to implement his offense or it's time for that whole hopey-change that you can believe in stuff to kick in. I don't know what the key metrics are to measure this at this point. It may be that "we'll know it when we see it" as they play. That said, I am looking forward to seeing more of the vaunted recruits on the field on Saturday next year. "Hope" springs eternal...

Top Bottom