3 losing seasons with a 13-26 record

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
and an extension????

That just doesn't add up in my mind.

Brewster is responsible for the kill shot hire of Fisch and in the final games of the year, we managed just 1 offensive TD in the final 41 possessions. My neighborhood kids could have scored more than one offensive TD given that many possessions. Is that some sort of record? The new offense regressed to the point of being the laughing stock of D1 football. That is on Brewster, as is the fact that the Gophers had to waste 2 TOs in the 2nd half that were deperately needed at the end of the game.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but things will be worse next year. Same offense and 8 new starters on D with all of the 2nd unit on D with absolutely no experience to go along with a brutal schedule. Brewster should be held accountable for next year when it's his 4th year at the helm. It'll be almost all of his players. He made the bed. Now he has to sleep in it with his kill shot hire Fisch.

Vote no for an extension

and an extension????

That just doesn't add up in my mind.

Brewster is responsible for the kill shot hire of Fisch and in the final games of the year, we managed just 1 offensive TD in the final 41 possessions. My neighborhood kids could have scored more than one offensive TD given that many possessions. Is that some sort of record? The new offense regressed to the point of being the laughing stock of D1 football. That is on Brewster, as is the fact that the Gophers had to waste 2 TOs in the 2nd half that were deperately needed at the end of the game.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but things will be worse next year. Same offense and 8 new starters on D with all of the 2nd unit on D with absolutely no experience to go along with a brutal schedule. Brewster should be held accountable for next year when it's his 4th year at the helm. It'll be almost all of his players. He made the bed. Now he has to sleep in it with his kill shot hire Fisch.

Vote no for an extension

Thanks for not having the best interest of the program at heart. No extension only hurts recruiting. Let's see what happens next year before we pronounce him dead.

I for one saw some things (D most of the game) that I liked in the 2nd half.

GO Gophers! Beat MTSU.

GM
GM

I am all for an "extension", but not an extension. I like Brewster and hope he succeeds, but he's just about out of time. At this point, he's got to feel fortunate if he gets another year and the 6-6 some people are talking about certainly won't bring him back in 2011.

I hate to say this, but I think Brewster did a good job coaching tonight. He didn't call the timeouts. Grey was confused. The team cut down its penalties. The coaching staff made some good halftime adjustments. Two turnovers in the red zone and a missed field goal is not Brewster's fault. And on the Grey fumble, he should have handed it off the Stoudemire.

I am by no means on Brewster's bandwagon. But I think he did a OK job getting this team ready for this game.

Still, this sucks.

I hate to say this, but I think Brewster did a good job coaching tonight. He didn't call the timeouts. Grey was confused. The team cut down its penalties. The coaching staff made some good halftime adjustments. Two turnovers in the red zone and a missed field goal is not Brewster's fault. And on the Grey fumble, he should have handed it off the Stoudemire.

I am by no means on Brewster's bandwagon. But I think he did a OK job getting this team ready for this game.

Still, this sucks.

If you said getting his team ready for the 2nd half, I would agree with you. The first half? Some of the worst Gopher football I have seen like Mason's Gophers against Toledo and NDSU and Brewster's Gophers against NDSU his first year and Iowa last year.

I am all for an "extension", but not an extension. I like Brewster and hope he succeeds, but he's just about out of time. At this point, he's got to feel fortunate if he gets another year and the 6-6 some people are talking about certainly won't bring him back in 2011.

Good post. Here is something to think about -- you will most likely be competing for a new coach with Illinois and possibly Michigan too who could be looking for new coaches themselves.

Still, this sucks.

I actually agree with this. They were in great positions to score points and just blew it too many times, whether it was a bad pass or whatever. The coaching staff didn't lose this game. They had a slow start, but they could have scored at least like 27 points had they just executed simple plays when they were there.

And didn't we go 7-6 last year? Wouldn't that be 2 losing seasons, not 3?

PS...Go hate on the bad heater you had tonight from the bar tender.

Amazing. I hope you are done posting for a while.

GM

Top Bottom