Tubby and Memphis have lost 4 straight in bad conference

Stan

Reaction score
I heard on ESPN Radio tonight that fans are growing frustrated in Memphis. Obviously it takes time to get a system in place as we well know, but apparently Memphis has looked pretty bad the last few weeks and their fans are not happy, attendance is down, general interest is low. He's a good man, I'm sure he'll find the energy to get the program going again. Memphis paper has debate of whether his honeymoon is over. http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...podcast-tubby-smiths-honeymoon-over/98487328/

Memphis has an RPI of 110. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/page/2/sort/RPI

I wonder if Tubby has an inbound play yet...

Losing 4 straight in February? Sounds familiar.

Tubby often quotes T.S. Eliot: "February is the cruelest month"

He grows old, he grows old. He shall wear the bottoms of his trousers rolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, but, but he won a national championship. They should realize that they are lucky to have him! /s

Continue to hope the best for Tubby and will cheer for Memphis as long as he's there, but I'm glad to not be going through the February swoon here.

I wonder if Tubby has an inbound play yet...

Obviously he runs the same thrilling set he ran here. Have three guys stand there and throw the ball 65 feet into the backcourt, regardless of situation.

The 90 ft inbounds play seems to work well, though. :cool:

Tubby issue is he beats up players and you can see by Feb they are just done with the season. That's what I enjoying seeing with this team. They just appear to be enjoying everything compared to Tubby teams who all looked like they were looking forward to going home for spring break. Just look at the amount of players who transferred from '08-'11

Obviously he runs the same thrilling set he ran here. Have three guys stand there and throw the ball 65 feet into the backcourt, regardless of situation.

It really is striking how much more enjoyable our current offense is to watch versus Tubby's. It got to the point were I honestly had trouble watching it.

It really is striking how much more enjoyable our current offense is to watch versus Tubby's. It got to the point were I honestly had trouble watching it.

Yeah, you weren't alone in that. It wasn't lack of talent. It was lack of them having any purpose. Stand around for 18 seconds. Dribble a few times. Take a bad shot.

Tubby vs a zone was as bad to watch as me guarding Reggie Lynch. Might be successful 1/100 times and even that 1 time was ugly.

Tubby's in-bound plays were horrible.
That was the most frustrating thing I watched on a basketball court just about ever.

The offense.. I don't know what that was.

Man, I loved Tubby. I had a chance to meet with him a few times, and he was the classiest and most accessible guy. Now, his teams were certainly frustrating at times, but I think a lot of that was due to some horrendous luck with Royce and others. I personally hope the guy succeeds at Memphis. He is a good man.

Man, I loved Tubby. I had a chance to meet with him a few times, and he was the classiest and most accessible guy. Now, his teams were certainly frustrating at times, but I think a lot of that was due to some horrendous luck with Royce and others. I personally hope the guy succeeds at Memphis. He is a good man.

I don't think anyone is questioning his character.

He was a below average coach. His offense was not good or creative. Players did not get better playing for him. He failed to develop his recruits or find guys to fit his system (whatever that was)

If Tubby succeeds, great. If not, I won't lose sleep over it.

I don't think anyone is questioning his character.

He was a below average coach. His offense was not good or creative. Players did not get better playing for him. He failed to develop his recruits or find guys to fit his system (whatever that was)

If Tubby succeeds, great. If not, I won't lose sleep over it.

Tubby was an enigma. Whatever he was doing to get Tulsa and Georgia into the Sweet Sixteen, he was unable to do here. Even Friend of Tubby was ultimately puzzled as to why he couldn't break through.

Tubby was an enigma. Whatever he was doing to get Tulsa and Georgia into the Sweet Sixteen, he was unable to do here. Even Friend of Tubby was ultimately puzzled as to why he couldn't break through.

He wasn't able to adapt. He never made adjustments and he stuck with the 5 in 5 out system his first few years no matter how well players were playing.

He wasn't able to adapt. He never made adjustments and he stuck with the 5 in 5 out system his first few years no matter how well players were playing.

I forgot how much I loathed his subbing patterns. Now I'm mad again.

Sidenote: I was a HUGE fan of the hire and cheered loudly when they announced Tubby every game. I think I'm bitter because they fell short of expectations.

Tubby was an enigma.Whatever he was doing to get Tulsa and Georgia into the Sweet Sixteen, he was unable to do here. Even Friend of Tubby was ultimately puzzled as to why he couldn't break through.

Wtf!?! :confused: Racist!! :mad:

Memphis currently losing to SMU 67-28. Ouch...

Tubby's Tigers down by 40! vs SMU w/ 14 minutes to play. Just 28 points on the board. Sad to see.

Not trying to **** on Tubby, but with Memphis now at 9-9, Tubby hasn't finshed higher than .500 in conference play, since his final season at Kentucky.

Not trying to **** on Tubby, but with Memphis now at 9-9, Tubby hasn't finshed higher than .500 in conference play, since his final season at Kentucky.

Tubby has long been a good, but far-overrated coach.

Top Bottom