All Things Gopher Players Appeals Process

It was a terrible decision to boycott. No way you can win that in the court of public opinion. Regardless of legal/illegal or somewhat common or not behavior to run the train on a girl, outside of football fans who are obviously biased towards the players most people think this is seriously bad behavior.

It is

The attorneys for the student-athletes had wanted to handle each case individually, but that won't happen.

Here is a quote from the article above. If that is true, if these students are being forced by the U to have their appeal heard together, that is absolutely outrageous. It is a total miscarriage of justice. It is also proof that the investigation has zero interest in the truth.

Do you know how these things work in situations where people aren't playing court? They would WANT to divide these students for obvious reasons. Let's say there are 5 people who were being charged with a crime (5 of them did it and 1 of them helped cover it up). The BEST way to get these people talking is to keep their trials separate and watch them turn on each other. It is the most common tactic because it is one of the best ways to find the truth.

It's unfortunate for those involved to say the leas, but also another nail in Kaler's coffin, so to speak. It's like he's pulling a Sgt. Schultz on the whole thing...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwcBaG-S7UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

per Fox 9:

"I just know my son, Antonio Shenault, and I know he's not that type of person,” said Kenneth Shenault, a father of one of the suspended players.

Antonio Shenault's parents are ready for a fight.

"This is our name. I'm not associated with any sexual misconduct. Not my name. Not Shenault. Absolutely not,” he said.

Antonio, a sophomore, is one of 10 players who will go before a university administrative panel on Thursday. This comes from an investigation into an alleged sexual assault last September that was never criminally prosecuted.

The 10 players have all been suspended from the team, but face a range of more severe school discipline from outright expulsion to one-year bans down to Antonio's punishment - a year of probation.

His mom is disgusted by the process.

http://www.fox9.com/news/231756071-story

Go Gophers!!

Wow that makes me sick kinda. To group say a player that wasn't there with one that had sex with individual. I can't even imagine if one of these guys were my kids to be lumped together. Yuck
Yeah, that sounds terrible cuz Bob frames it that way. The 10 players will be evaluated according to their individual roles, not lumped together. There will only be one hearing, but each accused player can and most likely will present whatever evidence they feel best served their case.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that sounds terrible cuz Bob frames it that way. The 10 players will be evaluated according to their individual roles, not lumped together. There will only be one hearing, but each accused player can and most likely will present whatever evidence they feel best served their case.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Little Bo Peep is looking for you.

It was a terrible decision to boycott. No way you can win that in the court of public opinion. Regardless of legal/illegal or somewhat common or not behavior to run the train on a girl, outside of football fans who are obviously biased towards the players most people think this is seriously bad behavior.

I don't blame them at all for boycotting. The team didn't have the EOAA report at the time. There was a complete lack of information provided to them because our AD failed to take control of the situation. If you haven't read the interview in the PiPress with Elmore, take a look at that. It may change your perspective.

I don't blame them at all for boycotting. The team didn't have the EOAA report at the time. There was a complete lack of information provided to them because our AD failed to take control of the situation. If you haven't read the interview in the PiPress with Elmore, take a look at that. It may change your perspective.

I have absolutely read everything I can on the subject. STUPID to boycott. In the court of public opinion the players look awful. All these rules and EOAA guidelines are irrelevant. A girl maybe agreed to have sex with a player and a recruit. The player then texted all his buddies to come and join the fun. Meanwhile they used all kinds of derogatory language towards women in their texts. Game, set, match to the girl in the court of public opinion.

I have absolutely read everything I can on the subject. STUPID to boycott. In the court of public opinion the players look awful. All these rules and EOAA guidelines are irrelevant. A girl maybe agreed to have sex with a player and a recruit. The player then texted all his buddies to come and join the fun. Meanwhile they used all kinds of derogatory language towards women in their texts. Game, set, match to the girl in the court of public opinion.

If that's all you think matters, public opinion, that's extremely shallow. It usually takes the most public and trying situations to expose the failures of policies and processes like this one. The boycott accomplished its goal.

Game, set, match = judge, jury, executioner in your world. That's great if you support communism and dictatorships. In the good old US it's supposed to be better than that. Kangaroo court is a really kind description for what is being served here.

This is your 2nd post talking about how the players couldn't win public opinion with the boycott. What makes you think that was the point? If the point was to raise awareness to this kangaroo court process then some might say they succeeded. That story was told on ESPN outside the lines. Publicity for the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm as I recall lynchings were based on "public opinion"

per STrib: ‘Nothing nefarious’

If necessary, both lawyers say they’re ready for the long haul.

“We’re going in there for zealous advocacy for our clients and we hope for the truth to come out,” Hutton said. “The truth is nothing nefarious happened in that room.”

The suspended Gophers do not face criminal charges. Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman has twice reviewed the Minneapolis Police Department investigation and declined to prosecute, noting the enhanced burden of proof in the courts.

The EOAA report, which was obtained and published by KSTP-TV, found the student’s claims of sexual assault “more credible” than players’ denials. A police investigator, however, reviewed three brief cellphone videos from the beginning of the incident and determined the “sexual contact appears to be entirely consensual.”

The lawyers say the EOAA recommended expulsion for Ray Buford, Carlton Djam, KiAnte Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson; one-year suspensions from the university for Seth Green, Kobe McCrary, Mark Williams and Antoine Winfield, Jr., and probation for Antonio Shenault.

Regardless of how the hearings come out, Pacyga said, anyone can “Google these guys 50 years from now and this is going to be at the top of it.”

http://www.startribune.com/suspende...-friday-in-sexual-assault-incident/411698196/

Go Gophers!!

No I think they call this a kangaroo court...

They need crocodile Dundee...

Yeah, that is the unfortunate reality of the situation. A policy, process, and leader (Kaler) not equipped to handle a situation like this one.

Ah yes, the AD can just hand the report to whoever he wants....

This is your 2nd post talking about how the players couldn't win public opinion with the boycott. What makes you think that was the point? If the point was to raise awareness to this kangaroo court process then some might say they succeeded. That story was told on ESPN outside the lines. Publicity for the cause.

They succeeded. Time and distance will prove that out.

They absolutely succeeded. Not all football players are as dumb as some think. The leaders of the boycott knew they weren't going to get this dropped for all 10 players. They wanted it out there how ridiculous this process is and how the rights of these young men had been violated. They succeeded 100%.

Someone should have warned you that saying something negative about Mark Coyle on here is like saying Beatlejuice 3-times. Only in this case GopherWeatherGuy instantly appears.

Someone should have warned you that saying something negative about Mark Coyle on here is like saying Beatlejuice 3-times. Only in this case GopherWeatherGuy instantly appears.

So you think Coyle could just pass out the report to whoever he wants? Do you even know how much of the report Coyle even had access to?

Someday you'll figure out I'm not just blindly defending Coyle because I want to. People continue to say stuff that isn't true, and I just call them out on it.

Maybe people would take you seriously if you didn't have boobies for your picture, oh and continue to defend the giant ****** named Coyle.

My picture is a weather map. If you see something else, that's your interpretation. I just defend the misinformation that is constantly spread across this board. If you don't like the process and the expulsions/suspensions, your issues are with Kaler.

My picture is a weather map. If you see something else, that's your interpretation. I just defend the misinformation that is constantly spread across this board. If you don't like the process and the expulsions/suspensions, your issues are with Kaler.

I like your new picture better than the dick and balls at least. I also am disappointed in Kaler and how he handled the situation. His job is likely gone. But I'm not talking about Kaler. I'm talking about Coyle and will keep talking about Coyle because he was horrible in his job through this whole process and hiring Fleck shouldn't get him a pass no matter how successful Fleck may be.

Just remember that if the team doesn't walk out, the report doesn't get leaked.

Hmmm as I recall lynchings were based on "public opinion"

I would be interested to see if the players are supportive of their boycott after all the dust settles.

I like your new picture better than the dick and balls at least. I also am disappointed in Kaler and how he handled the situation. His job is likely gone. But I'm not talking about Kaler. I'm talking about Coyle and will keep talking about Coyle because he was horrible in his job through this whole process and hiring Fleck shouldn't get him a pass no matter how successful Fleck may be.

I will agree that Coyle didn't handle things as well as he probably could have, however facts state he had far less control over the situation than most who are upset at him want to believe. Expulsions/suspensions from school don't come from Coyle, they came from the school. With those as a likely outcome pending a hearing, no AD would go against his boss and allow the player to play, especially a new AD.

I will agree that Coyle didn't handle things as well as he probably could have, however facts state he had far less control over the situation than most who are upset at him want to believe. Expulsions/suspensions from school don't come from Coyle, they came from the school. With those as a likely outcome pending a hearing, no AD would go against his boss and allow the player to play, especially a new AD.

I agree that we agree.

Top Bottom