Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I know that it is a long shot that he commits here but, Thayer Mundord hasn't been offered by Ohio State. On 247 he is 90% Ohio State. Does he have a PWO offer? If so that seems odd since he is a top 300 4 star OT. Do we actually have a shot at him?

Why would he take one of his official visits to Texas San Antonio?

Your guess is as good as mine. It's possible a lot of his listed offers aren't committable at this point and he doesn't have a ton of options on the table, plus it's close to home...

My initial thought when I see a recruit take lower tier visits this late in the game when they have supposed offers from helmet schools is...grades.

Purely speculation on my part with Barnes, but that's usually the case. A quick google search has a thread on Colorado site speculating the same.

Yeah - one thing I think PJ is going to have to get used to is the greater scrutiny of grades to get into a BIG school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was some recent feature on him saying that his recruiting has only picked up as of late. He has received the majority of his bigger offers later on in the recruiting cycle. Perhaps UTSA was on program that has wanted him from the beginning.

Whats your point? I'm not talking about what he did after that. You said it's "not easy getting in here." I say that due to the fact that the University of Minnesota's admissions department once accepted a kid who didn't even meet the NCAA's sliding scale eligibility requirement, something that is considered extremely easy to do, says otherwise. At least for certain athletes in certain cases. I'm not talking about the general student body.

Right, he couldn't meet the NCAA requirement, so he had to enroll and attend for a year and do well enough academically to become eligible to play. That's not just getting in. If he would have sucked in the classroom, he would not have become eligible.

I know that it is a long shot that he commits here but, Thayer Mundord hasn't been offered by Ohio State. On 247 he is 90% Ohio State. Does he have a PWO offer? If so that seems odd since he is a top 300 4 star OT. Do we actually have a shot at him?

I don't think there is much of a shot, he hasn't even scheduled a visit.

Eric Rousemiller (C, Lakeville) had a crystal ball prediction to Minnesota on 247 today. Chance that he comes here? Maybe PWO?

Would have to be as a PWO, I think.

If they could get him, Roste, Coughlin, Delich etc. they could have a very solid in-state PWO class.

Ibrahim:
One More Coming Soon..
In response to: @_MoIbrahim any recruiting updates??

Effect of Fleck on PWOs?

Will he be able to sway a few quality solid players with FCS offers to walk on at the U?

Right, he couldn't meet the NCAA requirement, so he had to enroll and attend for a year and do well enough academically to become eligible to play. That's not just getting in. If he would have sucked in the classroom, he would not have become eligible.
Again, what Jeff did or didn't do after getting in has nothing to do with my point. It wouldn't change my point even if he graduated with a 4.0.

I feel it coming. Munford would be icing on the cake. If you'd have told me Fleck could come in and grab a 4 star offensive lineman from Ohio with a Bama offer, I'd have chuckled. It hasn't happened yet, but it smells like the rock is cooking something...

I'm guessing Michael Warren has already committed (based on a bunch of posts on the Toledo site), but he won't announce until signing day...

I feel it coming. Munford would be icing on the cake. If you'd have told me Fleck could come in and grab a 4 star offensive lineman from Ohio with a Bama offer, I'd have chuckled. It hasn't happened yet, but it smells like the rock is cooking something...

I'm guessing Michael Warren has already committed (based on a bunch of posts on the Toledo site), but he won't announce until signing day...

Latest crystal balls are split down the middle with us and Cincinnati, where he ov'd last week. I have to like our odds since we'll be his last visit.

Latest crystal balls are split down the middle with us and Cincinnati, where he ov'd last week. I have to like our odds since we'll be his last visit.

We will just have to overcome the fact that we have two juniors that he is really likely to jump in the depth chart and two other RBs in this class. But his highlights are super impressive, I hope we get him.

Not trying to be negative, but I'm pretty sure the Munford ship has sailed. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Not trying to be negative, but I'm pretty sure the Munford ship has sailed. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

What odds are you giving that we'll wind up with an OV this weekend? The fact that Fleck was in Massillon today speaks volumes.

Top Bottom