BREAKING NEWS: TRACY CLAEYS HAS BEEN FIRED

Fricken-A. This sucks. Really, really pissed-off.

Self preservation at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad day for Gopher football. A man who raised the academic bar, raised the competitive bar and supported due process has been fired.
I will wait to see what replacement is found, but I doubt we see another man of such integrity at the U of MN in a long time.

Reed College of the midwest.

I was OK if they did it after the regular season for football reasons. But to do it now to cover their own incompetence is simply pathetic. Kaler and Coyle should be the ones looking for work .

I'm done with the University of Minnesota. I have been a wrestling season ticket holder for 17 years and football for nine, but as of today I am done with them both.

This makes me sad. Claeys and his staff deserved better than this.

Every time I see a picture of Kaler, I can't help but think of what my grandpappy used to say.

Search committee please! Right guys?

When I broke the news to my wife a few minutes ago, her reaction was, "Now we have to go through this again?!" My reaction exactly. This feels like the level of Purgatory where things just blow around and around in circles.

For everyone freaking out, go re-read the Wisconsin game thread from start to finish. You won't be so upset.

I feel bad for Claeys, but the U can find a good coach. I say someone like Les Miles or PJ Fleck would be good candidates. Time to hire someone who has steak and sizzle.

When I broke the news to my wife a few minutes ago, her reaction was, "Now we have to go through this again?!" My reaction exactly. This feels like the level of Purgatory where things just blow around and around in circles.

Stolen from Dan B. on KFAN: Dave Mona picked to head up search committee.

I feel bad for Claeys, but the U can find a good coach. I say someone like Les Miles or PJ Fleck would be good candidates. Time to hire someone who has steak and sizzle.

Just like the AD.

If they have a coach lined up, I can somewhat understand the decision - don't like it or agree with it - but I can understand how bureaucrats operate.

But, if they don't have a coach lined up, and they're going to start a search in January, that confirms that Coyle is a bleeping idiot.

If they have a coach lined up, I can somewhat understand the decision - don't like it or agree with it - but I can understand how bureaucrats operate.

But, if they don't have a coach lined up, and they're going to start a search in January, that confirms that Coyle is a bleeping idiot.

Yep.

A good man and good human being was let go today. Not happy that Coach Claeys was railroaded and made the scapegoat.

Like Brewster...and Wacker...and...and...and...

With all signs already indicating that Coyle is a bleeping idiot, search committee in three, two, one...

For me, I feel bad for Claeys and his coaching staff who is probably only a decent QB away from winning the West, but I feel worse about the future of Sports here because this really makes Kaler and Coyle look like rats in my eyes. Not only did they F up the whole issue, they are making Claeys and his crew6 the scapegoats. If I was a coach, I'd really be scared of working for these two. Hell, 9 wins isn't even enough to keep your job. That's sad.

Loving the Gophers taught me long ago that purgatory is not just for dead people.

Top Bottom