KSTP has the 82 page EOAA report ...

Completely agree with you. We are hearing her side of it and everything that she said is believed, but yet after the hearing, she stated that she just didn't want anyone to get hurt by it. Her story has a lot of holes in it.

Paul McEnroe just addressed this issue on KFAN. He said the EOAA made an individual assessment of the credibility of the girl and every player they interviewed. Apparently, many of them provided inconsistent or incorrect information, and some times they caught them in outright lies based on other credible information they had. At the end of the interview process the EOAA decided the girl was more credible than the players overall based on the greater amount of misleading information and/or lies that they got from the players.

Completely agree with you. We are hearing her side of it and everything that she said is believed, but yet after the hearing, she stated that she just didn't want anyone to get hurt by it. Her story has a lot of holes in it.
A lot fewer holes than the the stories the players were telling

Paul McEnroe just addressed this issue on KFAN. He said the EOAA made an individual assessment of the credibility of the girl and every player they interviewed. Apparently, many of them provided inconsistent or incorrect information, and some times they caught them in outright lies based on other credible information they had. At the end of the interview process the EOAA decided the girl was more credible than the players overall based on the greater amount of misleading information and/or lies that they got from the players.

You have your opinions on this matter, but I happen to believe that law enforcement had more information to work with and they did not find her credible. They are the professionals here and had more evidence to work with, as opposed to an office that has previously proven to have a bias against the football program.

A lot fewer holes than the the stories the players were telling

If you have ever been a part of an investigation or done one you would know that testimony from multiple people is always full of inconsistencies...it is the nature of how people remember.

The accuser got the benefit of the doubt and gave her accounting on day 2. The accused weren't interviewed until a week later by the police and then some of the others weren't interviewed by the EOAA until several weeks after the incident took place.

See how well you remember a Thursday night of partying at 3 AM from 3 weeks ago. I suspect if we had 10 in the room we would get 10 decidedly different stories of what happened at that party.

Not saying that I was there or know anything, just that eye witness testimony is the worst. What the police had was a video the EOAA never saw that clearly showed consent in their mind & medical testimony that didn't indicate rape (after sex with multiple partners) and he said/she said about partners 3, 4 and 5.

As a 2016 female graduate of the U, the degrading, dehumanizing way these guys describe women in their group messages to each other will stick with me for a long, long time.

You have your opinions on this matter, but I happen to believe that law enforcement had more information to work with and they did not find her credible. They are the professionals here and had more evidence to work with, as opposed to an office that has previously proven to have a bias against the football program.

I don't think law enforcement came to that conclusion. Not even close. Furthermore, they seem to have attached too much importance to one or two minutes of video of sexual encounters that transpired over 90 minutes.

At this point the opinions of the girl and the players don't seem to be as important as they were this morning. It is my understanding that at least one of the players and possibly more stated to interviewer that they witnessed the girl telling one or more players that she didn't want them to have sex with her. Based on that information alone any of the players who continued with the sexual activity are going to need to find a new college to go to. They are done at the U.

I really don't know how anyone could read this and support the football team. If this doesn't make you sick...GopherinPhilly...you have a big problem. As far as credibility goes, the players didn't get all their stories straight so they contradicted each other. They deleted messages that they said they didn't receive....they lost their credibility in the cover up...which wouldn't have been necessary if there had been nothing to cover up. I was a big Kill supporter and a solid Claeys supporter. Claeys needs to go for just utter lack of control as do these players. If the football team supports this and boycotts the bowl, it needs to go too.

UpNorthGo4
Where are all the posters who were lambasting us this morning for not thinking what these guys did was okay whether charges were filed or not? I was glad you stood up to them before this report came out. Apparently we do need the EOCC.

I really don't know how anyone could read this and support the football team. If this doesn't make you sick...GopherinPhilly...you have a big problem. As far as credibility goes, the players didn't get all their stories straight so they contradicted each other. They deleted messages that they said they didn't receive....they lost their credibility in the cover up...which wouldn't have been necessary if there had been nothing to cover up. I was a big Kill supporter and a solid Claeys supporter. Claeys needs to go for just utter lack of control as do these players. If the football team supports this and boycotts the bowl, it needs to go too.

I have lots of problems but they aren't related to this instance or your opinion. But I can separate my personal beliefs and feelings about this situation and the rule of law and what is fair. But please, feel free to stand in judgement, if for no other reason than I don't care what you think.

I have lots of problems but they aren't related to this instance or your opinion. But I can separate my personal beliefs and feelings about this situation and the rule of law and what is fair. But please, feel free to stand in judgement, if for no other reason than I don't care what you think.

My thoughts exactly!

They need to withdraw from the bowl game, fire Claeys, and reprimand the entire team. Although they'll never do it, they should suspend the entire program until the administration completes a serious self examination and put in place institutional controls that ensure this crap never happens again. Don't hire a new coach, skip spring ball and, if necessary, forfeit next season until this examination is complete. It's the only path out of dysfunction.

Thank you. There is no way Claeys could get behind the things the players did or said and say that this is OK behavior for high-profile representatives of the University on scholarship money i.e. not a violation of student conduct.

The EOAA doesn't need proof, they just need the event to have probably happened. If you read the report it's easy to tell the event probably happened. Stop defending the players

UpNorthGo4
Where are all the posters who were lambasting us this morning for not thinking what these guys did was okay whether charges were filed or not? I was glad you stood up to them before this report came out. Apparently we do need the EOCC.

I will say the overall tone of the board was much improved this morning over what it was all day yesterday. Apparently, a lot of posters changed their opinions once they had a night to consider things. Good for them. And, of course, since the report was posted by KSTP there now appears to be tidal wave of support for the U's actions against the players.

UpNorthGo4

He has been criticized because he's said many untrue or ridiculous things. This report coming out hasn't changed that.

UpNorthGo4

There still here trying to make you understand that there are a lot of nuances to this that you are too outraged to understand. The two reports tell two different stories. The EOAA doesn't need proof for it's findings and the police do. Take that for what is worth. It doesn't make what these guys might have done okay, but it doesn't really make anyone right either.

There still here trying to make you understand that there are a lot of nuances to this that you are too outraged to understand. The two reports tell two different stories. The EOAA doesn't need proof for it's findings and the police do. Take that for what is worth. It doesn't make what these guys might have done okay, but it doesn't really make anyone right either.
+100

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The EOAA doesn't need proof, they just need the event to have probably happened. If you read the report it's easy to tell the event probably happened. Stop defending the players
This is the difference between vengance and justice, feelings and truth. The EOAA can mete out vengeance because the feel something happened because the heard a story, er, narrative with names and events. The prosecutors have to work towards justice by proving a story, narrative, happened based on cross referencing stories and physical evidence.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Has the police report been made public? Honest question, i don't know.

The mostly likely potential reason that could expand the numbers of players disciplined would be 'harassment'. Regardless of exactly what happened, if these young men chose to confront this woman about her statements regarding what happened and did so in her living, studying and working space - that is how it could expand to this degree.

Has the police report been made public? Honest question, i don't know.

Yes it is on KSTP's site. Give it a read. It sounds like a completely different instance. I have a lot of questions about how the two are so different. We should either be investigating how the police conducted theirs or how the EOAA conducted theirs. And I'm not talking about the difference in standards of proof, but differences in supposed facts.

Nobody seems to want to address the police report, but it is very important here. The EOAA says they have a player in the room saying he thought that she wasn't in to it. This is very important information to a criminal investigation, but it is not mentioned at all in the investigative report.

Yes it is on KSTP's site. Give it a read. It sounds like a completely different instance. I have a lot of questions about how the two are so different. We should either be investigating how the police conducted theirs or how the EOAA conducted theirs. And I'm not talking about the difference in standards of proof, but differences in supposed facts.

Nobody seems to want to address the police report, but it is very important here. The EOAA says they have a player in the room saying he thought that she wasn't in to it. This is very important information to a criminal investigation, but it is not mentioned at all in the investigative report.

Well, I would imagine the police report was put together in the first couple of weeks of the incident, while the EOAA was put together later. Maybe stories/memories changed, got clearer, got more cloudy, got made up.

Well, I would imagine the police report was put together in the first couple of weeks of the incident, while the EOAA was put together later. Maybe stories/memories changed, got clearer, got more cloudy, got made up.

Yeah I would agree, but if I am Hennepin County I would want to talk to the rest of these guys who it sounds like they didn't talk to the first time around.

They both describe probable sexual assault.

I am not seeing it, could you link it?

I am not in the least surprised that the police investigation wasn't as thorough as the one at the U. We already know the leader of the investigative office said she thought the football program had a culture problem. Some people may think that every complaint brought to the police gets a thorough investigation. This is not the case. I am not saying that sexual assaults aren't investigated, but the investigation by the U was likely more thorough.

Top Bottom