KSTP has the 82 page EOAA report ...

The reports up and this is pretty damning if you ask me. I am sick from reading this.

The EOAA really hit on the differences between the accounts given to police vs them. What that did was give the benefit of the doubt to the victim.

I only could read 10 pages before feeling like a creep (actually felt like a creep after the first page of her description of the event)....

Boycotting players are going to look pretty stupid after people read that.

If one of the players leaked this and think this helps, I don't know how.

If one of the players leaked this and think this helps, I don't know how.

Just shut the football program down.

It's disgusting.

I have to shower after reading the little that I did.

Simply disgusting.

That was pretty difficult to read. Not even sure what to say. Not good.

From what I could tell, Merrick Jackson was very involved. And he's never been mentioned thus far. Why?

I only could read 10 pages before feeling like a creep (actually felt like a creep after the first page of her description of the event)....

Boycotting players are going to look pretty stupid after people read that.

Haven't gotten through the whole thing yet but will be very interesting to see how the boycotting players respond to this.

Once the BoR members read this, and in light of the players supporting their "brothers" and Claeys supporting the "kids", I wouldn't be surprised if we see a self-imposed, if temporary, elimination of the football program. A year or two off, with the blessing of the B1G, to completely clean house.

Hey Tracey I'm glad you're proud of your football palyers and their wanting to "change the world." What a ****ing utter mess. GTFO

not sure when I'll sit down to read it, but from the early reaction here I may not

regardless, sounds like folks might be shameful to see some of these guys represent the U at a bowl game...

so for those that read it, how come players weren't arrested? should they have been per the details?

not sure when I'll sit down to read it, but from the early reaction here I may not

regardless, sounds like folks might be shameful to see some of these guys represent the U at a bowl game...

so for those that read it, how come players weren't arrested? should they have been per the details?

They either lied to the police or the EOAA. Either way, I would say bye-bye.

I was disgusted by the players actions before reading this.
It sickens me that we live in a culture (because I know that this is not specific to the Gophers football team) where any of this is considered acceptable behavior that the football team, as a whole, would rally around to support.

I am tired of people on this board acting like if some people are disgusted by this, then they are just prudes who cannot accept other people's "lifestyles."

I hold the coaching staff somewhat accountable for: a) not recruiting players with a decent character, b) creating an environment where such behavior could be deemed appropriate by the non-participating players, and c) acing like the players in question are victims.

Once the BoR members read this, and in light of the players supporting their "brothers" and Claeys supporting the "kids", I wouldn't be surprised if we see a self-imposed, if temporary, elimination of the football program. A year or two off, with the blessing of the B1G, to completely clean house.

I think that's a bit harsh. There wasn't a football cover-up of this or any sort of scandal that we know of yet is there?

This was 10 kids acting like idiots. It will ruin 11 people's lives, minimum.

I don't think we need to extend that further.

This is what dysfunctional families do when they get exposed for their dysfunctional ways. They circle the wagons, dig in, and defend it no matter how broken it might be.

They need to withdraw from the bowl game, fire Claeys, and reprimand the entire team. Although they'll never do it, they should suspend the entire program until the administration completes a serious self examination and put in place institutional controls that ensure this crap never happens again. Don't hire a new coach, skip spring ball and, if necessary, forfeit next season until this examination is complete. It's the only path out of dysfunction.

It appears in the evidence in the report near the end a lot of the football players comments didn't come out until The U had in possession transcripts of their group text messages and they gave in. That isn't in the MSP Police report. So from the circumstance of the MSP police report there wasn't any witnesses who saw the event take place that actually confessed in the aparment. Her friends were in a different apartment thus leaving her with the football players.

I wonder if this could arm the police to prosecute because it includes many of the varying documented comments from the players.

I think that's a bit harsh. There wasn't a football cover-up of this or any sort of scandal that we know of yet is there?

This was 10 Adults acting like idiots. It will ruin 11 people's lives, minimum.

These people are in college, they are living on their own, buying their own food, paying their own rent, driving their own vehicles, they are not kids. They are Adults.

This was 10 kids acting like idiots. It will ruin 11 people's lives, minimum.

But it was the coaches and 120 players holding the school hostage to defend these players as if they were noble dissidents.

I have not read it but judging from the comments, I don't need to. This is really bad stuff and I think there has to be consequences for more than just the principals involved. I think Coach Claeys could be a goner and perhaps rightly so.

Interesting that a recruit was involved in this as well.
The recruit said yes and that he was not going to come to the University because "it was
too ****ed up."

This report is damning as Hell. Clean house.

These people are in college, they are living on their own, buying their own food, paying their own rent, driving their own vehicles, they are not kids. They are Adults.

Didn't mean anything other than they are students.

It appears from the parts I read the players indicated as involved were changing their stores.

Interesting to see the reaction from those posters that were the most convinced this was nothing more than a witch hunt out to get the athletic department.

Talk about a teachable moment for the football team. Wonder how they will be viewed around campus now. Clean house.

Didn't mean anything other than they are students.

Most people would consider someone the same age, in the same situation who decided to not go to college an adult, why does going to college change that?

What I find to be curious is that the EOAA comes to the conclusion that the sex wasn't consensual based on the inconsistencies from the players but that the inconsistencies from the accused actually make her more believable. Plus the accuser refused to grant the EOAA access the 90 second video that the police say was their primary reasoning behind call the sex consensual.

The EOAA also claims that because players deleted threads and texts after hearing about an accusation that they violated student code by hindering investigation. Of course the investigation they hindered wont actually start for weeks after the incident and the police didn't care about those texts/messages because they didn't speak to consent, which was what they were investigating and concluded that there wasn't enough evidence to bring charges.

In the end, if consent is supposed, this is a whole lot of nothing (see DA decision) if consent is not supposed then it is a horrible and horrific incident (see EOAA).

Hard to bring those two divergent points together as outsiders (which is why there will be many opposing view points) as I am sure that the guys who had sex with her are all saying she agreed to it and their teammates and coaches believe them.

This sucks!

What I find to be curious is that the EOAA comes to the conclusion that the sex wasn't consensual based on the inconsistencies from the players but that the inconsistencies from the accused actually make her more believable. Plus the accuser refused to grant the EOAA access the 90 second video that the police say was their primary reasoning behind call the sex consensual.

The EOAA also claims that because players deleted threads and texts after hearing about an accusation that they violated student code by hindering investigation. Of course the investigation they hindered wont actually start for weeks after the incident and the police didn't care about those texts/messages because they didn't speak to consent, which was what they were investigating and concluded that there wasn't enough evidence to bring charges.

In the end, if consent is supposed, this is a whole lot of nothing (see DA decision) if consent is not supposed then it is a horrible and horrific incident (see EOAA).

Hard to bring those two divergent points together as outsiders (which is why there will be many opposing view points) as I am sure that the guys who had sex with her are all saying she agreed to it and their teammates and coaches believe them.

This sucks!

Completely agree with you. We are hearing her side of it and everything that she said is believed, but yet after the hearing, she stated that she just didn't want anyone to get hurt by it. Her story has a lot of holes in it.

This sucks!
Some of the players seemed to think it was wrong. I assume this isn't the inconsistency
you are refering to?

From page 55:
The lights were turned off. RS saw A12 and then said, "I don't want to"
and "this is too many people" and "don't send people in here." RS repeatedly said that
she was in pain. A5 did not respond by stopping or changing his activities. A12
reported that it did not look like A5 was doing anything out of the ordinary with RS
A12 did not think tl1at RS . was trying to physically push AS away. A12 ultimately
concluded that "it didn't feel right , .. Sometimes it didn't seem like she was into it."

Top Bottom