The report shows a recruit was involved and on video. Is that an NCAA issue?

Stan

Reaction score
From the report. Videos: EOAA reviewed two videos taken in the Radius on September 2. The first is an
approximately four-second video showing RS , A2 and a University football recruit on
a couch in apattment A . The second is an eight-second video showing RS and the recruit
on a bed in aprutment B . In addition, EOAA is aware of, but was unable to obtain, a third
approximately ninety-second video showing A2 RS and the recruit engaged in sexual
contact in apartment B . http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/U of M EOAA redacted4.pdf

For those vilifying the girl, they should read this and more

The recruit and A2 took their clothes off. They may have put on condoms. RS remained
fully clothed. She felt confused, isolated and trapped. RS telt that she was in a situation that
she did not want to be in. However, she did not communicate this to 1 A2 and the' recruit at
that time. RS felt like she could not stop what was happening. She telt that the men would
either ignore any resistance or would make her feel bad about it or "cause a scene., - A2
unzipped her body suit and unbuttoned her shorts. The recruit waited nearby awkwardly. RS
does not recall exactly how her clothes came off after that point.
RS next remembers • A2 laying or sitting on the ·edge of the bed. He either used words ol'
gestured for RS t9 give him oral sex. RS did not want to do this, but felt com.pelled. RS
bent over the bed and began giving A2 oral sex. The recruit began having vaginal sex with
RS from behind her. RS kept taking her mouth away from A2 penis. He repeatedly
responded with something like, "What are you doing? Keep going." At this point, RS was
just trying to get the men to ejaculat7 so that she could leave. However, neither man could
2 A time-stamped photograph shows RS in apartment A with the recruit and A2 at 3:05am. While in
apartment B with RS and the recruit, A2 sent 11 message to the Empire group at 3:25am. A2 sent a
message to the Empire group stating that RS was currently having sex with multiple rpen at 4:11am. Shortly after
returning to her apartment in the Radius, RS sent a message to her friend Witness-! at 4:28am. ·
ejaculate in this position. A2 left the bedroom and shut the door. RS believes that A2
instructed her not to come out until she had sex with the recmit, although RS does not recall
the exact words used.
A2 shut the bedroom door with RS and the recruit inside. The recruit laid down on the
bed and motioned for RS to give him oral sex. He was not wearing a condom. RS was
focused on the strong and bad smell of the recruit's penis. The recruit repeatedly encouraged
RS to "come on·." RS recalls that the recruit might have tried vaginal sex again. The recruit
eventually said that he was too drunk and was not going to ejaculate. RS remembers feeling
anxious t.hat it was taking so long because she was trying to get out of the situation.
A2 reentered the bedroom and the recruit sta1ted to get dressed. A2 apperu·ed
disappointed that the recruit did not ejaculate. A2 referred to the recruit as a "recruit."
RS asked what A2 meant by "recruit.~> · A2 explained that the recruit was a football
recruit visiting for the weekend. RS was taken aback and asked the recruit if he was in high
schoo~. The recruit said yes and that he was not going to come to the University because "it was
too ****ed up." RS did not see the recruit again.
RS also recalled that 1 A2 returned and had vaginal intercourse with her at some point. She
remembers both the recruit and · A2 wearing condoms that had yellow/gold wrappers during
vaginal intercourse. At some point that night, A2 . and the recruit used RS phone;
A2 followed RS on Instagtam and the recruit added himself to RS Snapchat.
RS reported that she did not want to engage in sexual activity with A2 ::>r the recruit, but
felt pressured to do so and afraid to resist. RS reported that she did not know that A2 had
taken a video of her having sex with him and the recruit until she was later told by the district
attorney. The next day, RS recalled · · A2 name and participation in the above·described
sexual activity.

Well it wouldn't be like the NCAA can't go back and pick things out of the past, but I belive we already knew a recruit was involved in this already.

I read the above and am completely disturbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ln. addition, RS recalls that numerous other men who she is unable to identify had sex with her.
RS believes that a total of ten to twenty men had sex with her in A2 bedroom, RS
cannot provide an exact number because she has limited memory of that tune period and because
she .is unclear whether some of the men had multiple sexual encounters with her. RS recalls
that some of these men held her down by her shoulders during sex. RS also ·recalls that, on
multiple occasions, more than one man had sex with her at once. RS ' cannot remember details
about these ~ituations or the identitjes of the individuals involved. However, based on reports
from individuals present in aprutment A that night, RS believes that some of the men may
have come to aprutment 8 from the gathering in apartment A 3
3 According to Witness-5, at some point after RS left apartment A , Witness-5 saw some of the men in apartment
A repeatedly enter and exit a bedroom and become excited. Five or six men huddled around a cellphone.
At times during the sexual enc01mters that occuned after A2 and the recruit left the
bedroom, RS became aware that other men were inside the bedroom and clustered around the
open doorway of the bedroom. There were initially around five onlookers, but the crowd grew
as time went on. RS did not recognize these men at the time and still cannot identify most of
them. Several of the men had their phones out and may have been taking photos or videos. The
onlookers were chanting, laughing, cheering and jostling for a position in the line to have sex
with RS RS . remembers that the men were arguing over whose "turn" it was to have sex
with her. RS does not recall the onlookers speaking much to het.
Sometimes the crowd would open the bedroom dool' and watch men have sex with RS '· Other
times the bedroom door was shut. Sometimes RS would be alone in the room with one man.
Other times, other people would also be in the room. RS : repeatedly wrapped herself in a
blanket to try to shield her body fi·om the men, who she did not want to see her naked. RS
does not recall ever being in the bedroom alone; there were always men in the bedroom or at the
doorway to the bedroom.
RS became increasingly confused and repeatedly asked where all of the people were coming
from. She repeatedly yelled at the crowd to stop sending people in the bedroom. She repeatedly
yelled, "I can't handle this many people" and "1 don' t want this to happen." She yelled several
times that she hated the onlookers, to which they laughed and someone responded, "ha ha, why?"
At one point, RS asked the onlookers to "get A2 ., because she thought that he would help
her. In response, someone said that "he has had his turn and you ha\le a lot more to go."

The NCAA issue is sad... and both sides seems to have admitted to the recruit. Not good for the program.

But there is a he said, she said part here so take both sides of the he said she said and form your own judgement from there.
It is pretty disturbing but geeze young people, stop putting yourself in these situations... both the accuser and the accused!

I hope the entire football team reads this entire report before deciding their next move.

If this report is true, these guys all deserve to be in jail. I am glad the U leaked this

RS and A6 were then alone in the bedroom with the door shut. RS told A6 that
she did not understand what was going on. A6 responded, "you are too sexy. I need my
turn." A6 grabbed her hair and forced her to give him oral sex. RS ' repeatedly told
A6 that she was going to thmw up.
A6 also had vaginal sex with RS :, although RS does not recall exactly how it began.
While A6 was penetrating her vaginally, RS ' felt pain and began staring intently at the
ceiling and wall. ,While sex with A2 and fue recmit had been uncomfortable, A6
vaginal penetration was forceful and rough and caused RS pain. RS repeatedly said that
they needed to stop because it hurt her. A6 either did not respond or said that he was
almost finished. RS also remembers trying to push A6 off of her. While A6 was
penetrating her, RS became confused and disoriented. At some point, she recalls that other
men were knocking and opening the door and that A6 repeatedly told them to "get out"
and that he needed to "finish" first.
After A6 finished having sex with RS :, another man entered the room. RS . believes
that it might have been A 10 '· Both men eventually left the bedroom and another man or men
entered. The next day, RS

This makes me want to vomit. This is sick, sick sick. Needs to be posted before people spout opinions about liberal committee. Again, if true

All of a sudden, A1 told someone to turn off the bedroom light and shut the door, The next
thing RS . knew, A1 A5 and another unknown man were jostling to shove their penises into
RS mouth. They took turns and pushed each other out ofthe way. They were forceful. At
some point, A1 was trying to put his penis into her mouth from the left side, another man was
doin·g the same from the right side and A5 was above this other man on the tight side
masturbating above RS head. At the same time, another person who RS cannot identify
was having vaginal sex with her.
During much of this encounter, RS could not talk because one ofthe men's penises was in her
mouth. However, at other times, RS . was able to say that it hurt and she wanted to stop. The
men repeatedly responded by flipping her into a different position, telling her it would be over
soon and being more forceful. RS believed that she may have tTied to shove the men away
from her.
Then, A 1 took control and began having fast, rough and hard vaginal sex with RS :, RS .
found it very painful. RS repeatedly told A1 to stop. He responded by saying "be quiet" or
"shush" or something similar and flipping her to another position and becoming more forceful.
A 1 held RS down by her shoulders and upper arms when he was on top of her during vaginal
sex. At some point) he flipped her onto her hands and knees and had vaginal sex with her from
behind her. RS believes that A5 and/or other men may have remained in the bedroom. In
particular, she recalls someone standing in the corner near her clothes.
At some point, A1 and the two unknown men left the room. A5 stayed bel1ind. A5 forced
RS to give him oral sex. He controlled RS head by pulling on her hair. RS remembers
thinking that her hair was going to rip out of her head. A5 ejaculated from oral sex and RS
remembers that there was semen all over her and his hands.

Stan, will you please post the part of the other side of the story. We're only reading one here.

Stan, will you please post the part of the other side of the story. We're only reading one here.

If you have that report I will. I'm working my way through the report. Will post both sides.

Then, A5 began having vaginal sex with RS He was on top of RS :. RS tTied to push
A5 off of her. In doing so, RS lipped A5 condom with her fingernails. A5 said
something like, "Oh my god you ripped the condom. Damn, you've got some sharp nails." A5
shoved his penis back into RS vagina with the ripped condom still on and resumed rough
sexual intercourse. At some point, A5 had sex with RS from behind her, with RS . on her
hands and knees. A5 ejaculated again. RS was covered with semen, which she tried to wipe
onto A5 body.
A5 then sat up or kneeled in the bed with a look of shock on his face. At this point, the
bedroom light was on. RS watched : A5 tace as he looked around the room. He began
swearing under his breath as he looked at the mess in A2 bedroom. The approximately
two·foot strip of floor between the bed and television stand was covered with yellow/gold
condom wrappers and used condoms. There was a pile of around 12 used condoms on top of a
white plastic set of drawers next to the television stand. Semen was dripping down the drawers.
RS was shocked and horrified to see so many used condoms and condom wrappers. There
were far more than ten condom wrappers. She could only remember bits and pieces of what had
just happened. She had no sense of how long she had been in A2 bedroom or of how
many men had had sex with her. She remembers wondering, oh my god, how can I not
remembet what just happened.

Sparlimb, here is a nice part. Apparently A2 cared for her well being, if true.

A2 entered the bedroom when RS was nearly dressed. A2 told A5 to leave the
bedroom. A5 responded that he was only trying to clean the mess. A2 led RS to the
front door. RS remembers that men were in the apartment hallway as she left, but she does not
kl1ow who they were.
A2 and RS spoke briefly in the hallway outside of the apa1tment. A2 asked RS
whether she was okay. RS was confused and "in a daze.'' She did not realize the extent of
what had happened. She replied, "I don't know what you mean by okay." A2 responded, "I
am the one who usually has to save gjrls from this situation and I wanted to know whether yo'll
were olcay." RS was confused about what had happened and kept repeating, "I don't know."
A2 also asked whether RS would tell anyone what had happened. She responded that she
would not. Based on her text messages described previously, RS left apartment B around
4:20am.

Sparlimb, here is a nice part. Apparently A2 cared for her well being, if true.

A2 entered the bedroom when RS was nearly dressed. A2 told A5 to leave the
bedroom. A5 responded that he was only trying to clean the mess. A2 led RS to the
front door. RS remembers that men were in the apartment hallway as she left, but she does not
kl1ow who they were.
A2 and RS spoke briefly in the hallway outside of the apa1tment. A2 asked RS
whether she was okay. RS was confused and "in a daze.'' She did not realize the extent of
what had happened. She replied, "I don't know what you mean by okay." A2 responded, "I
am the one who usually has to save gjrls from this situation and I wanted to know whether yo'll
were olcay." RS was confused about what had happened and kept repeating, "I don't know."
A2 also asked whether RS would tell anyone what had happened. She responded that she
would not. Based on her text messages described previously, RS left apartment B around
4:20am.

After he had already raped her, gee what a guy.

Gonna need a bigger recruiting class. Bye creeps. If true I expect the pd to reopen the criminal investigation and make arrests.

Ahh yes, everyones' favorite The Empire group that we all hyped up apparently shares a group text chat, again, if true

EMPIRE MESSAGING GROUP
The Empire group includes first-year members of the University's football team, including eight
of the twelve accused students. The four accused students not included in the Empire group are
second-year students A5 A1 A4 and A9 ·. EOAA obtained messages sent to the
Empire group after the first football g;ame. EOAA obtained the times at which some of these
7 EOAA first m~t with RS on September 23. reported that RS told him on
September 6 that 20 members of the football team had sexually assaulted her. 8 The EOAA investigator attended the res.training order hearing, and found RS testimony to be largely cons.istent
with her reports to EOAA.
messages were sent, but did not obtain this information for all of the messages. On the night
after the [lrst football game, five of the accused students w.rote messages to the Empire groupA11
:, A2 , A3 , A12 and A6

The Empire group messages obtained by EOAA from that night primarily discuss the locations
of parties and the group members' attempts to engage in sexual contact with women. For
example, numerous messages discuss finding "hoes" and bringing them to parties. For example:

One Empire group member wrote, "Party at my crib 331 invite hoes!!
A2 wrote, "I got 4 hoes where the party at'' and "Go to the rail hell a hoes"
A 11 wrote, "i just told some hoes"
Other messages discuss potential or actual sexual encounters with unidentified women. For
example:
• Accused student A 11 sent a message about an unidentified woman stating, "if she aint
tryna fck imma be pissed."
• A 11 later sent a joking message about an unidentified woman stating, "run her?" -·
which generally refers to more than one man having sex with the same woman.
• A2 sent a message stating, "I'm sliding in some pussy rn lol" about an unidentified
woman at l :35am. ("Rn" is an abbreviation for "right now." "Lol" is an abbreviation for
"laughing out loud.")
Other messages refer to RS :;
• At 3:17am, A2 sent a message referring to RS that stated, "Me and the recruit
finna double team this bitch.'' ("Finna'' generally means "going to.")
• At 3:25am, A2 sent another message stating, "Lol we forreal going brazy lol."
("Brazy" generally means "crazy.,)
• A2 later messaged, "I took good videos."
• Finally, at 4:17am, A2 messaged, "Damn A10 • all 3 them n****s hitting rn."
("Hitting" generally means "having sex with." A2 used a l'acia} epithet in this
message that we do not reproduce in full.)
EVIDENCE RELATED TO RS PHONE

In assessing RS credibilicy, we considered that RS reported· infom1ation to EOAA that did
not benefit her sexual misconduct allegations. For example, RS reported that she only initially
resisted A2 and the recruit's sexual overtures in a "light-hearted" manner and also
attempted to help them ejaculate faster so that she could leave the situation. RS provision of
this infonnation (to the possible detriment of her sexual assault complaint) lends credibility to
her account.
We also considered that, despite the accused students' fl'equent lack of candor, in many cases
one or more accused students corroborated portions of RS account. For example, RS
distinctly l'ecalls that many men crowded around the bedroom door and turned on and off the
light while other men had sex with her. All but one accused student denied taking part in or
witnessing such a crowd of onlookers near the bedroom door. However, A12 reported that
he and six other men gathered around the bedroom doorway "saying things" and turning on and
offthe lights while RS was having sex with A5 Here, A12 report corroborates RS
account (and further suggests a collective effort by the other accused students to deny this
potentially sexually harassing activity).
RS recollections of the events in AZ bedroom have become more detailed as time has
passed. For the most part, we found her accounts to be relatively consistent over time, even
though they generally increased in detail. We generally attribute the differences among RS
accounts over time to her gradual recollection of what she found to be a very traumatic
experience, rather than to a lack of care or truthfulness.
On some occasions, RS recanted or clarified earlier reports that she had made. For example,
RS recently reported that she had misidentified one accused student - A 10 - as being
involved in a pru.1icular sexual encounter. when he was not. RS explained that she realized that
the man involved in that sexual encounter had actually been A5 as time passed and her
recollections became more detailed. (EOAA also found significant other evidence confirming
RS recollection that A5 was the individual involved.)

One Empire group member wrote, "Party at my crib 331 invite hoes!!
A2 wrote, "I got 4 hoes where the party at'' and "Go to the rail hell a hoes"
A 11 wrote, "i just told some hoes"
Other messages discuss potential or actual sexual encounters with unidentified women. For
example:
• Accused student A 11 sent a message about an unidentified woman stating, "if she aint
tryna fck imma be pissed."
• A 11 later sent a joking message about an unidentified woman stating, "run her?" -·
which generally refers to more than one man having sex with the same woman.
• A2 sent a message stating, "I'm sliding in some pussy rn lol" about an unidentified
woman at l :35am. ("Rn" is an abbreviation for "right now." "Lol" is an abbreviation for
"laughing out loud.")
Other messages refer to RS :;
• At 3:17am, A2 sent a message referring to RS that stated, "Me and the recruit
finna double team this bitch.'' ("Finna'' generally means "going to.")
• At 3:25am, A2 sent another message stating, "Lol we forreal going brazy lol."
("Brazy" generally means "crazy.,)
• A2 later messaged, "I took good videos."
• Finally, at 4:17am, A2 messaged, "Damn A10 • all 3 them n****s hitting rn."
("Hitting" generally means "having sex with." A2 used a l'acia} epithet in this
message that we do not reproduce in full.)
EVIDENCE RELATED TO RS PHONE

On a lighter note, this Ebonics lesson is very informative.

Sparlimb, here is A2's part of story, if true

A2 could hear RS and the recruit talking inside the bedroom. It sounded like RS was
frustrated because she was unable to have sex with the recruit because he could not get or keep
an erection. After a bit, A2 opened the bedroom door. The recruit was putting his clothes
on. The recruit finished dressing and left the room. A2 did not express disappointment that
the recruit did not ejaculate. A2. did not hear the recruit say anything like, ''this school is
****ed up."

RS began giving A2 oral sex so that he could get an erection. RS stopped and he said,
"what are you doing, keep going, just a little longer." Then, A2 had vaginal sex from on top
of RS A2 used a condom from his drawer. During vaginal sex, RS "seemed happy"
and said something like, "this is much better because [the recruit] couldn't get an erection.''
RS moaned and grabbed his back. She was "definitely into it" and did not resist in any way.
After A2 finished having sex with RS , A6 entered the bedroom. At some point,
and possibly then, A2 said that he wanted people to leave his room. A2 .eft RS and
A6 alone in the bedroom. At that point, A2 I'Oommates A 11 and A8 were jn the
living room. The recntit was either already gone or left the apartment shortly afterwards.
At some point, A2 sent messages to the Empire messaging group stating that he and the
recruit were in his apartment with a woman. After having sex with RS ., A2 called : A 1 via
Facetime and shared that he and the recruit had just' had sex with a woman at the same time.
However, A2 d]d not tell A1 or anyone else to come to his apartment. He was surprised
wl1en people came to his room. He had not thought that "all the guys" would come to have sex
with RS '· A2 remained in the living room

More A2

A2 cleaned his bedroom by himself. He remembers cleaning up a few condom wrappers
and one used condom that had been left on or near the television stand. He also remembers
washing his sheets. He does not think that he slept in his room that night. A2 acknowledged
sending an lnstagram message to RS , stating, "l know that **** was not cool 1 had to wash all
my **** I ain'1 even sleep in there last night." A2 explained that he intended to convey that
all the men having sex in his bedroom was "not cool."
2. A2 ~tatements .to the police
The Police Case Repott's summary of A2 statements to the police differs from the
statements that A2 made to EOAA in the following ways:
First, according to the Police Case Report, A2 reported that RS told him that she had
never had a ''threesome with two guys" while they were sitting on the couch in apartment A .
When speaking with EOAA, A2 reported that this conversation occurred in his bedroom in
apartment B .
Second, according to the Police Case Rep01t, A2 1 repoltecl that RS had sex with men in
this order: the recruit and A2 the recruit, A2 A6 ., A1 A4 A5 When
speaking with EOAA, A2 reported that RS had sex with A4 before A1
3. Videos
A2 reported that he took two videos while RS was i.n apartment B - an eight~second
video ('~8-second video») and a 90-second video ("90-second video").
• 8-second video;
EOAA reviewed the 8-second video taken by A2 on September 2. During the video, RS
voice and posture do not convey fear. The tone of her voice could be reasonably interpreted as
not serious thwugb.out the video. The video shows RS reclining on a bed with her clothes on.
She is smiling and her body is turned toward a mru1 (whose face is not shown but has been
idcntifted by others as the recruit) with his shht off and pants on who is sitting close .to her on the
bed. The recruit appears to be attempting to unzip RS one-piece bodysuit top ·with his right
hand. RS appears to be lightly holding this hand, possibly to interfere with bis attempt to
unzip her top. The rec1uit then uses both hands to try to unzip RS top.
At this point, the video swerves and does not show RS or the recruit However, RS can be
heard saying "noooooooooo." Two men then speak. One says something that sounds like,
"damn girl." The other says something that sounds like, "Ah **** she try ... What, you really
got a one-piece on?" A slapping sound can then be heard. (Neither RS nor 1 A2 recalled
where the slapping sound came from. However, given the context, it was likely RS slapping
the recruit's hand away from her shirt's zipper.) Part of RS body comes into view and she
responds, "I told you it was.·~ RS then appears to sit up and turn her body away from the
recruit. However, only a portion of RS body is visible and the recruit is not shown. Then,
the video ends.
• 90-second video
EOAA was unable to obtain the 90-second video taken by A2 A2 lawyer Lee Hutton
reported that he has th~ video and offered to provide it with RS written consent. Mr. Hutton
reported that he obtained the video through a forensic investigation of 1 A2 ;ellphone. RS
refused to consent because she has never seen the video, and feared that 1t would be too painful.
EOAA obtained a redacted version of the Minneapolis P9lice Department's description of the
video.
According to the police description: The video shows A2 the recruit and RS , all naked.
A2 is sitting on the bed with his legs spread. RS is on her hands and elbows with her
chest facing_ down. She appears to be perfonning oral sex on AZ The recruit is having
vaginal intercourse with RS from behind her. At one point, RS says, "Okay, I have to throw
out my gum, where do I put it, I can't, man, guh, no, no (laughs) it's so hard with three of you.
Okay, okay this is ****ing bard, I don't know.'' One of the men suggests that they take turns and
RS replies, "1 don't know. 11
According to the police description: The two men make gestures indicatillg success to one
another during the sexual interaction. RS sounds somewhat intoxicated, but her coordination
appears to be normal and she is not slurring her words. She does not appear to be upset by the
sexual activity. She does not indicate that she wants it to stop. The Minneapolis Police
Department concluded that the sexual contact "appears entirely consensual."
• A2 iisttibution of the 90~second video
Many members of the Empire messaging group reported that they did not receive the 90~second
video through the Empire group. However, A 11 rep01ted that A2 did send this message to
the Empire group, and that A 11 watched it on his phone. A 12 reported that "he thinks" that
A2 sent this video to the Empire group. A6 reported that he heard that A2 sent
this video to the Empire group, but that A6 did not see it there. A6 also reported
that A2 also showed him this video on 1 A2 phone.
The Police Case Report stated that the 90-second video was found in two different formats on
A2 phone. This could indicate that A2 took the video in one format and sent it to
others in another format. A2 attomey reported that a forensic expert investigated
A2 phone and concluded that A2 had not sent the video to others with his phone.
EOAA requested access to this expe1t or this expert's analysis, but did not receive it.
4. A2 messages to the Empire messaging group
We obtained messages sent to the Empire Group on the night of September 1 ~2. We learned the
times at which some of these messages were sent, but do not have this information for all of the
messages.
These messages show the following: At 3:17am, A2 sent a message to the Empire
messaging group that appears to refer to RS and stated, "Me and the recruit finna double team
this bitch." A2 then sent a photograph of the recruit with his shilt off to the Empire group.
At 3:25am, 1 A2 sent another message stating, "Lol we fo11'eal going brazy lol." A2 later
messaged, "I took good videos." Finally, at 4:17am, A2 messaged, "Damn A10 all 3
them n"'***s hitting rn." A2 also sent the 8-second video to the Empire group.

Sparlimb, more side of players story

The Polic-e Case Report reported the following: The recruit reported to the police that: (1)
RS the. recn1it and A2 were "flitting'' in apattment A ; (2) : RS was "able to cm·e fo1·
herself and did not appear [to be] in distress or feal';, (3) RS was 11ldssing and feeling on
him;, atld (4) RS :told him that it was okay for A2 to come into the room afte1· the
recruit bad fmished having sex with her.
~ A6 reported the following: When : A6 first spoke with A2 about RS in

apa1tment B , A2 said, "she going." A6 interpreted this to mean that RS was
willing to have sex with o1hers. A6 denied tha1 A2 told ~ A6 to take 'RS
into his own bedroom. A2 said, "Uris is the last one" while A5 · was havitlg sex with
RS At some pomt after 1 .RS left apartment B , A2 . said that Iris bedl.'oom was
messed 1.1p and that he had condoms to clean up.
A 10 repotted the following:
yott want to." Based on what
have sex with others.
A2 said something like, "you can all go in and **** if
A2 said A 10 ·understood that : RS was willing to
• A4 '• A 1_ · and A5 all denied leaving apartment B with RS . A4 : f1.u1:her denied
having a conversation with : RS : as she left the apartment.
~ A12 reported the followjng: Shortly after arriving in apartment B , A12 :saw A1
A6 A2 A4 A 11 and the recruit on the living room couch. ·A 12
understood that A5 was in the bedroom with RS .. A12 understood that A1 ·, A4
and A5 ·had j1.1st been in the bedroom with RS together. Someone told · A 12 that they
were "training her'1 and that she had agreed. ("Training her1
' appeats to refel' to "nm.ning a
train," or multiple men lining up to have sex with a woman.)
At one point, A2 , A6 , A11 , A4 '• A1 '• the recruit, A3 and A12 :gathered
around the open doorway to A2 bedroom. A5 : was having sex witt : RS inside the
bedroom. One of the men was turning on and off the bedroom lights. The men were
discussing who would have sex. with RS next. The men were also "talking and saying
ihlngs,, although A12 does not remember any specific coniinents.
At another poh1t, these men were Hstening to A5 ann ~· R~ ':engage i11 sexual contact from
Oll..tside of the bedroom. A12 recalled, "from the sluff she said, it didn•t seem like she
was into it. She said something and [the men present] dec_ided it was messed up ... She said
something that made 1t seem like it wasn)t the xight thing to be doing. They told A2 1 to
get A5 · out of the room. A2 said, 'no man, she straight."' A 12 does not recall what
RS said that caused this concern. : R8 ·· later said something else that caused the men
concem. She possibly said, "don't send a11y more people in.'' A2 then said, "this is the
last one.''

Im not reading it but just judging from your reactions makes me wonder if Claeys is still proud...

RS and A2 accounts of their sexual contact with one another differ markedly. Given
the available evidence, it is not possible to reconcile all of the discrepancies. However, we
generally find RS accol.mt to be more credible for the reasons detailed in the "Credibility. of
the Parties" section above, and also because A2 account is ·at times inconsistent with: (1)
credible rep01ts from other accused students and witnesses; and (2) ethel' evidence. For
example:
• RS reported that A2 and the 1·ecruit disrobed while she remained fully clothed.
A2 denied this account and reported that he fust took his shirt off, then RS took her
shirt off and the11 the recruit took his shirt off. However, the 8-second video shows that the
recruit removed his shirt while RS remained fully clothed. A2 reported that he was
also shirtless when he took tlus video.
• A6 and A 12 reported that A2 ;aid, Hthis is the last one" while AS was having
sex with RS :. In contrast, A2 denied saying this or "paying much attention" to what
was happening in his bedroom after he finished having sex with RS :,
• RS rep01ted that A2 led her out the front door when she fmally left apartment B .
A2 reported that A 1 AS and l A4 led RS out of the apartment and walked away
witJ1 her. A1 , AS and A4 : denied that they left with RS or at the same time as RS
RS also denied leaving at the same time as A 1 , AS and A4
A2 reported that he only cleaned up one condom in his bedroom. According to
A6 ., -· A2 stated that his room· ''was messed up" and that he had to clean up
condoms.
2. Sexual assault

I've been reading a little on my own. A9 claims to have never been there but a witness said he was therefore they assumed he was lying and he's suspended for a year. Not sure who A9 is, but that's a little weak on the evidence side. Also interesting the players did not give RS any alcohol at all. Everything she drank, was of her on volition prior to meeting up with the players. Can't imagine the humiliation she is going through, although the player's are the ones whose names have been drug through the press. There will be no winners here.

(Neither RS nor 1 A2 recalled where the slapping sound came from. However, given the context, it was likely RS slapping the recruit's hand away from her shirt's zipper.)

How does fact, arrive from opinion?

Did A2 aid or abet any other accused students' sexual assault of RS ?
Under the Student Conduct Code, assisting or abetting another person or group to commit sexual
assault is a violation of the Code's sexual assault provision. We find that A2 violated this
provision by facilitating a gathering of men in apartment B while RS : was unclothed in his
bedroom and without RS knowledge, by encouraging at least some of these men to enter his
bedroom and have sex with RS and, in one case, by opposing other men's suggestion that they
intervene in what appeared to be an unwanted sexual encounter between RS and another man.
first, A2 facilitated the gathering of men in aparUnent B when he: (1) messaged the
Empire group that "[m]e and the recruit finna double team this bitch," (2) sent at least one video
of RS to the Empire group; and (3) called A1 to tell him that he and the l'ecruitjust had sex
with a woman at the same time. Given these deliberate acts, we find A2 report that he was
"surprised" when men began entering his apartment to have sex with RS . to be not credible.
Second, the evidence indicates that A2 made comments that encouraged men to enter his
bedroom .and have sex with RS and/or effectively communicated that RS had agreed to have
sex with more men, when she had not. For example: (I) A10 reported that · A2 told him
something like, "you can all go in and **** if you want to;" (2) A6 reported that 1 A2
told him "she going," which A6 understood to mean that RS was willing to have sex
wi.th others; and (3) A12 reported that A2 responded ' '110 man, she straight" when others
expressed concern that RS appeared to be resisting sexual contact with A5 and suggested
removing her from that situation. This evidence indicates that A2 bears significant
t·esponsibility for many men entering the bedroom where RS was unclothed and, in some
cases, having nonconsensual sexual contact with RS . in violation of the sexual assault
provision of the Student Conduct Code. 10

Absolutely abhorrent. And I thought it was just six athletes who were involved. Definitely mass expulsions, suspensions, and probations are in order. I changed my mind now that the truth be told.

NCAA sanctions now a possibility.

Could this have happened under Jerry Kill? It appeared that he had more control over his players than Claeys. Good luck to recruiting and to whoever will be the next coach.

How common is this in other campuses? I know that some football players fathered children from multiple women. Is this culture prevalent across Div. 1 College Football?

Time for the U to clean house and put a tight rein on all student athletes.

Glad I took the stance I did earlier which was to applaud the EOAA. Get these scumbags out of the U and do it Yesterday.

This would never happen under Kill, he had the players respect. This is what happens when the U hands the keys over to a guy who should never be a head coach and has no control.

As a lifelong Gopher supporter I am really pissed off.

As a lifelong Gopher supporter I am really pissed off.

As a member of society and contributor to normal social behavior, I am really pissed off. Again, if true.

Top Bottom