All Things 2016 Gophers Fall Camp Thread - Tweets, Video and More

somebody from one of the pay sites just tweeted that Brooks will miss 1 or 2 weeks of practice, but they think he will be able to play the 1st game.

from the reaction to one practice injury, I think I'm not the only person who needs to be on medication to control his blood pressure......

somebody from one of the pay sites just tweeted that Brooks will miss 1 or 2 weeks of practice, but they think he will be able to play the 1st game.

from the reaction to one practice injury, I think I'm not the only person who needs to be on medication to control his blood pressure......

They were wrong. Sounds like its 3-5 weeks he'll be out.

So you think Claeys knows more than some random dude on a coveted pay site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just to throw Oregon St off. They won't expect him to play but then all of a sudden he's there in uniform and ready to go on game night.

Gillum was brought in (and talked up quite a bit) by Kill. I believe the player ruppert is talking about is Brandon Green who was not a JUCO but a highly regarded high school kid out of Illinois who struggled with knee issues his entire career. The player who reportedly came with Green as part of a package deal (Johnny Johnson) ended up contributing more as a special teams player.

Gillum was brought in (and talked up quite a bit) by Kill. I believe the player ruppert is talking about is Brandon Green who was not a JUCO but a highly regarded high school kid out of Illinois who struggled with knee issues his entire career. The player who reportedly came with Green as part of a package deal (Johnny Johnson) ended up contributing more as a special teams player.

Nope..EG, he was a JC transfer in Brewster's second or third year.

David Pitman JC athlete ..4* out of California. Moved him to receiver and he leg problems like Gentry. From Brewster's 2008 class

A couple of obs from today.

Ko Kieft is going to be a player!

Brian Smith looks solid and is running with the 1's in 3 receiver sets.

Has Ace Rodgers been practicing or is he still recovering from the knee injury?

Has Ace Rodgers been practicing or is he still recovering from the knee injury?

He was practicing today and made a pbu in a 2 min, team drill. I think it was against the 3rd team o...maybe 2nd team.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Notes per Joe:

First, here are some quick thoughts from today:

* Left tackle Garrison Wright, who had a scheduled light day Tuesday, was back with the first-team offense. But the team's tackle depth has taken a hit with Chad Fahning and Nick Connelly both injured. Newcomer Donnell Greene arrived just in time. He's a transfer from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College and still has three years of eligibility remaining. The 6-7, 345-pound Greene, who was on the field in a helmet (no pads), will be ready for contact Monday.

* Starting middle linebacker Cody Poock remains out with an ankle injury. And starting tight end Brandon Lingen still is being kept away from contact. I've been told there aren't any major injury concerns for the team beyond RB Shannon Brooks being out 3-5 weeks with a foot injury. So I'd expect Poock and Lingen to be full-go soon.

* Other players in orange non-participation jerseys included: WR Isaiah Gentry, WR Eric Carter, DB Antoine Winfield Jr., CB Coney Durr, TE Nick Hart, TE Duke Anyanwu and WR Matt Morse.

* My favorite moment of the day: In the two-minute drill (actually 1:30 drill), Mitch Leidner led the first-team offense about 55 yards into field-goal range. Defensive coordinator Jay Sawvel wasn't pleased. He had the first-team defense doing up-downs on the sideline.

* My favorite moment from Tuesday: The second-team offense had a fourth-and-1 near midfield and didn't get the first down on a dive up the middle. Tracy Claeys started barking at the offensive line about how that wasn't acceptable. It was a freshmen and redshirt freshmen group -- LT Sam Schlueter, LG Ted Stieber, C Jared Weyler, RG Bronson Dovich, RT Quinn Oseland -- and Claeys ordered the same play again. He said it just like that, "Same play again!" So everyone knew what was coming.

The trouble was, this particular defense had Steven Richardson and Merrick Jackson at defensive tackle. Those two aren't easy to move. So this went on and on.

"Same play again!"

"Same play again!"

Seriously, like 10 times. At one point, JUCO transfer RB Kobe McCrary came in and didn't get the first down. Claeys sent him right back to the sideline, saying, "We didn't bring you here to tiptoe. Let's go, same play again!"

Finally, on about the 11th try, the line opened a hole just big enough, and redshirt freshman RB James Johannesson dove through like a missile for the first down. Awesome.

http://www.startribune.com/donnell-...for-gophers-other-practice-musings/390030691/

Go Gophers!!

Starting to wonder if we will forever be waiting to see Gentry's potential.

I wonder how long it will take Donnell Greene to get up to speed and be a contributor?

Most critics of practice injury either never played the game, nor even understand it. No other alternative exists. Shiite happens, turn on your thinking caps. Once, at least.

Anyone know when BTN will be at MN and when their Gopher preview will air?

Scrimmage today. Is anyone going? A report or two would be most appreciated.

Shannon who?

Top Bottom