Kevin Dorsey to Transfer from Minnesota

IF there is, hopefully its either Diedou or Buggs.

Really hope it isn't Dupree, Mason, Murphy or...actually that's about it.

Looking at the roster, Gilbert could be a possibility as well considering he probably would be in the mix for PT with the FR coming in and Fitzgerald

That would be fine too. Gilbert seemed like a guy that could develop into a nice player as an upperclassmen but I don't think a departure from him would be program-changing.

How about being suspended twice his freshman year? It's been pretty widely talked about him being an ahole off the court. His Twitter account was also flat out filthy. Definitely not a "character" guy.

Easily the least likable freshman in my opinion.

You're right. There's other issues I'm choosing not to go into on this board, but people deserve to know that there were many situations going on relating to Dorsey's antics. Not all his punishments were made public either or have been made known to the coaching staff. Non issue though. He's gone now.

Based on what?

Wanting a new start, it doesn't sound like it is Buggs or Diedhou, after that you have McBrayer, Mason, Murphy, or Gilbert, take your pick, McBrayer seems the most likely to me.

Wanting a new start, it doesn't sound like it is Buggs or Diedhou, after that you have McBrayer, Mason, Murphy, or Gilbert, take your pick, McBrayer seems the most likely to me.

I'm thinking it has to either be McBrayer (tape) or Gilbert (poor performance and injuries). Hoping its the latter.

He did turn into a stud there... Recall the fist time seeing him play, it was at the Sal and some Euro-pro vet was all over him trying to show up a kid that was just weeks out of HS, he didn't back down and damn near got in a fight. One tough SOB.

i was there that night too. I think it was Cameron Rundles that he got tangled up with and threw an elbow at. Neither guy was willing to back down.

I miss that league. Spent way too many nice summer nights in a gym back then though. but the carmel corn.....

If anyone besides Dorsey puts in for a transfer, shouldn't RP be fired? This would underscore the season in which he seemed to have no control of this team

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If anyone besides Dorsey puts in for a transfer, shouldn't RP be fired? This would underscore the season in which he seemed to have no control of this team

No.

GI has a poster with UM connections who claims that there will be another transfer within 24-48 hours. And not one of the often talked about likely transfers: Gaston or Buggs. McBrayer? Sure hope not. Murphy?? That would be devastating.

RP must keep this roster intact and put a stop to the one-and-done BS. Or resign.

Stay tuned as the things may still be unsettled.

"UM Connections" - color me a little skeptical....that dude claimed there was no possibility Jeff Jones was leaving, and also reported Jerry Gibson was gone. His "sources", if he has any, seem wobbly at best

UVA would not take him no matter what. Have you seen who is coming ?

Can you give it a rest for once!!!

Can you give it a rest for once!!!
No. We had the worst record in over 100 years. It is not acceptable.

Would you rather everyone get a pat on the head and have GopherHole sing"Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" to make it all better?

I am in the camp that this Dorsey transfer is a pretty big deal. Of all the returning guys, he was clearly 4th on the "guys you'd hate to lose" list behind Murphy, Mason, and McBrayer. Further, at this time last year Pitino thought he had two athletic lead guard types that were perfect for his preferred style of play in Jarvis Johnson and Kevin Dorsey and now he's got zero. If we want to have an aggressive pressure defense we need that athlete to pressure point guards and we don't have it now. I think it's fair to question Dorsey's potential upside given his size, lack of shooting and apparent lack of natural point guard skills, but he did put up 20 on the road against the B1G champs as a Freshman and our best lineup for most of the season had him in it.

I don't know what to make of the rumors of another player transferring that is not Diedhiou or Buggs. I am personally shocked that an announcement on Diedhiou has not been made yet. When he could barely get off the bench when the team was down to 6 scholarship players it certainly seemed obvious where things were headed with him if it wasn't obvious already. A completely negative thought: what if Diedhiou (and to a lesser extent Buggs) hasn't been moved out because Murphy is leaving and we don't want to be left short on bodies in the front court?

If (huge if) Pitino is losing a player like Mason, Murphy, or McBrayer who all got tons of minutes as underclassmen and project to get tons of minutes next season then that shows yet another huge issue with the program. If a player would rather transfer and sit then (likely) start on a B1G team as a Sophomore/Junior...

Murphy is already quoted as being excited for next season. He ain't leaving.

If (huge if) Pitino is losing a player like Mason, Murphy, or McBrayer who all got tons of minutes as underclassmen and project to get tons of minutes next season then that shows yet another huge issue with the program. If a player would rather transfer and sit then (likely) start on a B1G team as a Sophomore/Junior...

Well stated and dead-on correct. Holding our collective breaths and hoping the other shoe doesn't drop...

As far as McBrayer being the rumored second transfer, Pitino tweeted this about a week ago, hopefully a good sign that he's not leaving.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The 3M crew are all returning starters to a team with 5 new players being eligible next year, I don't see any of them transferring.

Is he leaving with or without the Wizinator 3000?
Perhaps Isaiah Rider can give him advice on picking a school.

I get the sentiment, but Rider is a Hall of Famer if his head was on straight. Dorsey would not make an NBA roster even if he was a choir boy!

Dorsey leaving is not a big deal.....Jarvis will play next year :)

I get the sentiment, but Rider is a Hall of Famer if his head was on straight. Dorsey would not make an NBA roster even if he was a choir boy!

Isaiah J.R. Rider, a hall of famer? Did you ever watch him play defense? Oh wait, nobody has.

I'm pretty sure I saw Isaiah lite up a doobie while Kobe was blowing by him.

Maybe I've just missed it, but has there been any news/speculation as to where Kevin is transferring?

Maybe I've just missed it, but has there been any news/speculation as to where Kevin is transferring?

Have been wondering the same thing. Not sure, but fairly certain I saw him on or around campus on a number of occasions since school ended. Any chance he's taking summer classes around here?

Top Bottom