Doogie reiterates rumors of an additional transfer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
On his "Scoops" podcast, Doogie reiterated the rumor of an additional transfer. He didn't mention the name as he said it wasn't vetted enough. He said that he reached out to this persons Mom via text but hasn't heard back. Certainly it could be Gaston, but I would be surprised (given the geographical challenges) that Doogie has Gaston's Mom's cell phone number to text with. So that would lead to the likelihood that it is someone other than Gaston.

Go Gophers!!

Any chance it'll be Sharp?

Part of me wonders if Sharp is the next guy we'll hear is leaving? He got a taste of PT at the end of the season, and performed admirably. Maybe that taste of (personal) success along with the unrest surrounding the Gophers has him thinking about more PT at a smaller DI program where he can get a scholarship?

If he reached out specifically to the athlete's mother, has me thinking McBrayer

Sharp would make sense. Gilbert is a possibility as well

Wonder if the fact the player isn't revealed means Pitino is still working hard to keep him. And then if it is someone significant, that could lead to more although it certainly gives PT. Should be too old to care about this crap, but I click on the basketball forum dreading what I might see. Murphy's mom has been quoted about her son earlier in the year so she is on reporters' contacts. That was on how he was thriving here and what a good place it was for him. I hope to hell that she and he still feel the same way.

I think Murphy could have his jersey in the rafters one day. It would be a very sad day if he transferred.

Part of me wonders if Sharp is the next guy we'll hear is leaving? He got a taste of PT at the end of the season, and performed admirably. Maybe that taste of (personal) success along with the unrest surrounding the Gophers has him thinking about more PT at a smaller DI program where he can get a scholarship?
Isn't his dad the bench coach at Hampton? I think he had offers out of high school to those type of programs?

On his "Scoops" podcast, Doogie reiterated the rumor of an additional transfer. He didn't mention the name as he said it wasn't vetted enough. He said that he reached out to this persons Mom via text but hasn't heard back. Certainly it could be Gaston, but I would be surprised (given the geographical challenges) that Doogie has Gaston's Mom's cell phone number to text with. So that would lead to the likelihood that it is someone other than Gaston.

Go Gophers!!
Also said he reached out to someone with the Gophers and with the players AAU coach and didn't hear back from either of them as well.

Doogie. what a joke. if you throw enough crap against the wall some of it is going to stick. where did that big donation go? did I miss something?

Doubt Pitino puts out his blog if more bad news on the horizon, pretty obvious he waited after the Dorsey announcement

Doubt Pitino puts out his blog if more bad news on the horizon, pretty obvious he waited after the Dorsey announcement

I don't read anything into the timing of the blog either way. College kids can change their minds on a dime.

I don't read anything into the timing of the blog either way. College kids can change their minds on a dime.

True, but I feel like when some things up it doesn't get announced the day of. I bet Pitino had those conversations with Dorsey a few days back and if someone was starting a rumor that an announcement would be made in 24-48 hours that tell me the conversation already took place, and if that were true, I don't think Pitino would've put this out, but you're right teens, and early 20 some things change their minds all the time. Who could forget Dredrick Snelson from the football board. Tough to work in a profession when you depend on the word of kids and very young adults

Doogie. what a joke. if you throw enough crap against the wall some of it is going to stick. where did that big donation go? did I miss something?

This has been widely reported on Gopher Illustrated by a source or two and it was reported AFTER dorsey was already announced. I would say there is higher than a 50% chance of another announcement coming shortly. So I wouldnt say Doogie is throwing crap against the wall on this one.

This has been widely reported on Gopher Illustrated by a source or two and it was reported AFTER dorsey was already announced. I would say there is higher than a 50% chance of another announcement coming shortly. So I wouldnt say Doogie is throwing crap against the wall on this one.

I'd be willing to bet that the GI speculation was Doogie's original source on this issue.

Didn't know reading a message board was considered a source, so much for credible journalism

did you not see the sourcing on the original sex tape articles. The first article or two sited gopherhole. Then next few cited the previous articles. When all was said and done I think the only sources ever cited were us and Gopher Illustrated. Social media has caused journalism to speed up to a point where most journalist don't feel they have time to hammer out sources before they have to write something.

more and more I'm thinking it's Sharp. Got some playing time this year and performed well. Sees the writing on the wall with Mason, McB and Coffey taking up most the minutes at guard, and then Pitino expressing interest in yet another transfer guard. Sharp proved he can play at the D1 level and I'm sure some of the mid majors would be willing to bring him on board.

McBrayer has to see he is the clear starter at the 2 for a B10 team next year with a lot of upside. With Pitino's comments about him I can't see him leaving.

Obviously Dorsey was the main story of the suspensions and now with him leaving I think the story will fade away.

did you not see the sourcing on the original sex tape articles. The first article or two sited gopherhole. Then next few cited the previous articles. When all was said and done I think the only sources ever cited were us and Gopher Illustrated. Social media has caused journalism to speed up to a point where most journalist don't feel they have time to hammer out sources before they have to write something.
Agreed, saw it and I think it's disgusting what passes as credible journalism now.

Time to rename this as the All-Time Speculation Thread.

Doogie heard he word transfer (Milwaukee guard coming here) and assumed the worst. Classic gtc media.

Top Bottom