Mason, McBrayer and Dorsey suspended

P is basically reporting that he spewed a secret hunch last week.

Let's assume for the moment that the sex here was entirely consensual. Even if that were the case, I doubt posting this stuff publicly was consensual. Even if those two girls you mentioned did those things, they probably wouldn't have liked, and wouldn't have consented, to that stuff being posted online. If Dorsey did this, I'm leaning toward kicking him off the team and I suspect that a whole lot of people who aren't as big of a basketball fans as me would feel much more that way. If Dorsey posted this and he is kicked off the team, he may have a pretty hard time finding another school that will take him if this gets around.

I say kick Dorsey off the team. I don't believe for a second anyone stole his phone and posted it to twitter-sounds like b.s. to me. Kick him to the curb and move on. I'm also waiting for the girl to lawyer up...you know it's going to happen.

Is it kind of like Google home page, where a bunny comes in to lay next to the other bunnies?

FYI - I am not reading any posts that begin, "lets just assume..." nor am I interested in Pat's hindsight.

All this creation of scenarios and speculation is really ridiculous and frankly muddies the waters.

Since this board has emerged as the primary source of information can we try to refrain from writing strident posts about what happened since we, um, actually don't know?
We will have to do the really hard thing called, "wait and see".

Hahha, my mistake. I read it while on the road, thought he was quoting GopherLady!

Kind of thought so. He cites her for no apparent reason. It seemed like he really wanted to cite something or someone to make his article seem more important/relevant, but couldn't. So instead, he decided to name someone near him when he was mumbling about Kevin Dorsey to himself.

LOL - he isn't citing any sources, just spewing his own opinion. I wouldn't say "Dorsey was pretty much gone before this even happened" without pointing out Reusse has zero sources.
Agreed, no new information at all just his own opinion.

Take it or leave it...but I think everyone on this site should stop spewing out speculation nonstop. A lot of attention has been directed towards this site today, and it would be quite easy to take any of these posts and really run with it. It's the last thing that the U or any of the players involved need is to have all of the speculation being circulated nationally.

This situation will evolve on it's own. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. It would probably be best for everyone to take some deep breaths and chill until we hear more.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. He literally quotes himself.

He's patting himself on the back and saying 'ask Nadine if you don't believe me!' Pathetic, yes. Quoting himself, no.

Well, Nadine can you confirm or deny Patrick's claims? Did he really see this coming?

Take it or leave it...but I think everyone on this site should stop spewing out speculation nonstop. A lot of attention has been directed towards this site today, and it would be quite easy to take any of these posts and really run with it. It's the last thing that the U or any of the players involved need is to have all of the speculation being circulated nationally.

This situation will evolve on it's own. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. It would probably be best for everyone to take some deep breaths and chill until we hear more.

There's no such thing as bad publicity! The best thing to do is embrace the fiasco and laugh with everyone else. We live in Minnesota where you can only go "three ways" without pulling out of the Union. :p

FYI - I am not reading any posts that begin, "lets just assume..." nor am I interested in Pat's hindsight.

All this creation of scenarios and speculation is really ridiculous and frankly muddies the waters.

Since this board has emerged as the primary source of information can we try to refrain from writing strident posts about what happened since we, um, actually don't know?
We will have to do the really hard thing called, "wait and see".

This makes for an awfully short thread about a pretty significant development for the Gopher basketball team.

What happened has been accurately described on this forum and I think it is completely reasonable for the fans to speculate what happens next.

Well, Nadine can you confirm or deny Patrick's claims? Did he really see this coming?

Fat Pat essentially said he said that Dorsey wasn't going to be back because he wants to be "the man" and he doesn't pass enough. It's an odd stance to think that a guy who isn't the man on a terrible Gopher team would have a better chance at being the man at another school and be so unwilling to play behind Mason that he would sit out a year to accomplish that goal, especially since him and Nate are obviously VERY close.

I'm still unclear why 3 players were suspended - I thought the initial report indicated that only 2 were involved in the group sex shenanigans. Mason's potential involvement is disappointing in the sense that it hinders his credibility as a leader if he doesn't rebound from it in a positive fashion.

Has anyone updated the Eskimo Brothers Database?

This makes for an awfully short thread about a pretty significant development for the Gopher basketball team.

What happened has been accurately described on this forum and I think it is completely reasonable for the fans to speculate what happens next.
Its not the speculation on what will happen next, its the speculations on what happened and painting of scenarios and conclusions about character.
You really think its been described accurately? That's pretty funny. Aside from the obvious, look at the research on eye-witnesses - they're notoriously flawed, and this doesn't begin to consider what an eyewitness can reliably report after looking at a 3 inch screen. Some people are commenting in a manner that suggests that they actually know, which is part of message board behavior. But since 3 people were suspended, I personally think the moment for speculation masquerading as fact has passed and is problematic.

JMO

I say kick Dorsey off the team. I don't believe for a second anyone stole his phone and posted it to twitter-sounds like b.s. to me. Kick him to the curb and move on. I'm also waiting for the girl to lawyer up...you know it's going to happen.

You may be right but those kinds of things do really happen.

I heard of numerous threesomes when I was in college. There were even these two girls known for picking out guys from time to time, getting drunk/high, and getting it on. I know this was true because my buddy ended up being one of their targets. He tried to keep it secret but the word got out and he was actually pretty embarrassed.

Your analogy reminds me of the scene in the movie Spinal Tap when the band can't understand why their album cover for 'Smell the glove' was banned for having a woman wearing a dog collar, on all fours, having a leather glove shoved in her face, while rival rocker Duke Fame's album cover has him tied down to a table, with half naked women whipping him and that's allowable?

I just hope this will all just end up being an * when it is all said and done, when people in the future read about Mason's All-Big 10 season he had his senior year, despite being embroiled in a controversy

I just hope this will all just end up being an * when it is all said and done, when people in the future read about Mason's All-Big 10 season he had his senior year, despite being embroiled in a controversy

Then years later when it gets vacated DP can claim we never had a point guard get all big 10 honors.

Fat Pat essentially said he said that Dorsey wasn't going to be back because he wants to be "the man" and he doesn't pass enough. It's an odd stance to think that a guy who isn't the man on a terrible Gopher team would have a better chance at being the man at another school and be so unwilling to play behind Mason that he would sit out a year to accomplish that goal, especially since him and Nate are obviously VERY close.

Way too close for most men's taste.

You may be right but those kinds of things do really happen.

True. It happened to Brewster when someone hacked his account late one night and fired off some insults at Pat Reusse and it happened to Shede one night when someone hacked his account and tried to buy weed from a girl on Instagram. As far as I can tell no one ever gets f'd up and posts stupid things, just lot's of hacking and stolen phones going on.

True. It happened to Brewster when someone hacked his account late one night and fired off some insults at Pat Reusse and it happened to Shede one night when someone hacked his account and tried to buy weed from a girl on Instagram. As far as I can tell no one ever gets f'd up and posts stupid things, just lot's of hacking and stolen phones going on.

Just saying that people do take other people's cell phones and post stupid stuff on it. A few people are acting like it isn't possible. My roommates and I messed around with each others' computers all the time back in college.

Just saying that people do take other people's cell phones and post stupid stuff on it. A few people are acting like it isn't possible. My roommates and I messed around with each others' computers all the time back in college.

Pitino thought his players were liars and punished them for something they didn't do?

Top Bottom