***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN OPENER IN GAME THREAD!!***

@Glen Mason. Your defenses could have shut out a Leidner led offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Leidner could move around in the pocket and run, was about all he was good at. Then he decided to stop doing that too

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm convinced the coaches told him to stop running. Not sure why as that was his only strength.

Demry needs lots of reps with the receivers

Croft hasn't thrown 10 feet above a receiver's head yet. I LIKE HIM!

I'm convinced the coaches told him to stop running. Not sure why as that was his only strength.

Only thing I can think of too. He's a decent QB if he runs the ball. But when he has 3 rush attempts per game it's just awful. He probably had multiple 100 yard rushing games last year

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yep, true. When he was a freshman, he was a hard runner to bring down. He was never known for his passing. He was known for his fumbles though. Then this Coaching staff decided to turn him into a pocket passer... Guess they were afraid because they didn't have anyone they trusted as a backup in case Leidner got hurt.

Croft hasn't thrown 10 feet above a receiver's head yet. I LIKE HIM!

He still didn't look good. I'm fine with him playing the rest of the year but I don't expect our offense to be great all of a sudden either.

The revenge planning starts for next year for when NWcomes calling to TCF Field.

We will have a more experienced Croft at QB, and an experience WR corps plus Coughlin & Co.

So Demry Croft is our guy.

Prologue: NW appears to be a legit ranked contender to vie for the B1G crown.

Our line may not be playing well. Our play calling may suck. Our WR may not be able to get open. But something had to change. Leidner looked lethargic back there.

Our stadium is fancier than theirs.

He still didn't look good. I'm fine with him playing the rest of the year but I don't expect our offense to be great all of a sudden either.

So his accuracy (for the most part) and pocket presence didn't look good?

That last play...a f.U. From Limey to the fan base? Just take a knee instead of letting guys potentially get hurt.

Burn it all down.

He wasn't great... but maybe he can develop. We knew what Leidner was, and what he would be. I like Mitch, just not as our QB.

Still early...But I'm already looking forward to next season if Croft keeps playing. And hopefully Jones makes an appearance soon.

I'm confident we'll retain the Mayor's Winners Cup this season.

Not so sure. After being taken out for cleaning, Kill will order that it be replaced in the case, only for it to be banged against the glass repeatedly by Limegrover, unable to decipher the nature of clear substance preventing entry. After an hour and a half of watching this, Kill will give up, get conservative, and just hide the trophy, hoping and praying nobody notices.

Top Bottom