All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

If it's minnesota for the two, it's the schwanns announcement that sealed it, right?

Just stocked up on some alesmith speedway. I'm prepared for failure, but hoping for success

Probably. Along with the monetary donation, my sources tell me unlimited ice cream bars to all gophers players were involved in the deal as well.

Way too early 2016-2017 line up prediction!

PG - Dorsey / Coffey
SG - Mason / McBrayer
SF - Fitzgerad / Gilbert / Hurt
PF - Murphy / Buggs / Curry
C - Konate / Lynch / Diedhiou

Way too early 2016-2017 line up prediction!

PG - Dorsey / Coffey
SG - Mason / McBrayer
SF - Fitzgerad / Gilbert / Hurt
PF - Murphy / Buggs / Curry
C - Konate / Lynch / Diedhiou

**** it, we know this year is going to be a roller coaster of emotions, lets just do this thing right and get every possible discussion point out before either one of these dudes commits for optimum level heartbreak.

**** it, we know this year is going to be a roller coaster of emotions, lets just do this thing right and get every possible discussion point out before either one of these dudes commits for optimum level heartbreak.

I'm in...hell...I'm still waiting for Jerry Gee to decommit from Illinois and sign with us!

FYI

If all else stayed the same, add Curry and Amir, Top 10 class per Class Calc via 247

FYI

If all else stayed the same, add Curry and Amir, Top 10 class per Class Calc via 247

Lolol, I was going to post this as well, but I thought I had better wait. There are still top guys yet to commit, so we wouldn't stay in the top 10, but we'd probably end up in the 20-25 range which is fine by me.

Lolol, I was going to post this as well, but I thought I had better wait. There are still top guys yet to commit, so we wouldn't stay in the top 10, but we'd probably end up in the 20-25 range which is fine by me.

Right, absolutely 0 chance all things stay the same

In possibly related news, JC PF Arlando Cook, thought to be an Arkansas lean, has announced he is choosing his school tomorrow at noon. Could it affect the Curry decision?

I'm in...hell...I'm still waiting for Jerry Gee to decommit from Illinois and sign with us!

Wow. You must be old, maybe even older than I am. The Gee saga was a looong time ago, and it feels like yesterday to me. We should take a poll to see how many on the board even know who he is!

Not to get people reliving the whole Reid Travis situation but I think gopher fans are going to be pretty happy tomorrow night after a certain local recruit makes his decision, I'd also like to add that that I have been hearing that Curry will likely decide some time this week, all signs say the gophers are in the driver seat for him as well.

Guy, I want this one for you as much as I want it for anything else. You deserve to have your name cleared.

I'm going to say it: this is the surest thing in New York, as they say. The only question is whether Curry will follow suit. If he does, this is one F of a recruiting class. Just like Nate was an undervalued 3-star last year, so is Hurt. And Coffey is a high 4-star.

I think this was already implied in an earlier post, but Ryan James confirmed......

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In possibly related news, JC PF Arlando Cook, thought to be an Arkansas lean, has announced he is choosing his school tomorrow at noon. Could it affect the Curry decision?

Cook just committed to Nevada. One of the top JUCO players in the country. Nice pickup for Mussleman.

Curry's mom has retweeted a ton of Gopher stuff since his Arkansas official ended. https://twitter.com/momof2amazons

Apparently she is a huge Cowboys fan and got to meet Jerry Jones during the Arkansas visit (he's an alum if you didn't know).

aaaccckkkk

Jerry Jones during the Arkansas visit (he's an alum if you didn't know).

1964 National Champion Razorbacks co-captain. If you're in Arkansas, he's a very big deal. Well, big is relative. He was a 182lbs offensive lineman

Do it Eric!

Hey all. Long time GH creeper here, finally pulled the trigger and created an account. I look forward in contributing to the madness that is the GH forum.

Also, I apologize that this is off-topic, but I didn't feel as though this introduction needed its own thread. Can't wait for the season to start!

Hey all. Long time GH creeper here, finally pulled the trigger and created an account. I look forward in contributing to the madness that is the GH forum.

Also, I apologize that this is off-topic, but I didn't feel as though this introduction needed its own thread. Can't wait for the season to start!

Welcome! Noticed there are about 2000 visitors right now. Hope a few more of you sign up.

Its down to Arkansas and Minnesota, I'd bet on Minnesota from what I have been hearing locally, but admitly I'm not as connected to out of state guys so take it FWIW

Gophers no longer in on SG Frankie Hughes, he has cancelled his visit, per Ryan James.

Gophers no longer in on SG Frankie Hughes, he has cancelled his visit, per Ryan James.

Still wonder if Ponds was Coffey related too.

I know Guy Fawkes and others have indicated otherwise. I don't know.

Do it Eric!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Amir said he told Pitino & Ben Johnson days ago. Upon hearing, Johnson screamed. Amir can surely see Eric Curry committing next. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gophers?src=hash">#gophers</a></p>— Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) <a If
href="https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/646069299157725184">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
if Johnson screamed does that mean he didn't believe what he heard days ago? If so I can't fault him for being human. Did he and Pitino sweat today until 3:30?

Timing of Coffey committing just ahead of Curry is perfect. Players like to come where good players are going. Could make a big week bigger.

if Johnson screamed does that mean he didn't believe what he heard days ago? If so I can't fault him for being human. Did he and Pitino sweat today until 3:30?

I think the timing of the reference is to when Amir told Johnson (days ago).

Watching some Curry highlights, I'm reminded of all of the versatile players we could have on the roster in 16-17...

PG Only
- Kevin Dorsey

PG/Wing
- Nate Mason
- Dupree McBrayer
- Amir Coffey

Wing/PF
- Ahmad Gilbert
- Jordan Murphy
- Michael Hurt
- Charles Buggs
- Eric Curry
- Donte Fitzgerald

PF/C
- Bakary Konate
- Gaston Diedhiou
- Reggie Lynch

That Wing/PF category is super interesting from a talent and depth perspective.

Wow. You must be old, maybe even older than I am. The Gee saga was a looong time ago, and it feels like yesterday to me. We should take a poll to see how many on the board even know who he is!

I'm in the group who was a student/fan during that drama. He was boo'd mercilessly every time he touched the ball when the Illini visited The Barn. Good times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom