All Things Gophers in Spain Trip - Tweets, Articles and More!

More from GopherMBB

Dorsey with a buzzer-beater 3 to send the #Gophers to the locker room leading 48-39. He has 11 pts.

Huge dunk by Murphy after the miss makes it 15-10 #Gophers, 3:27 Q1

Getting the start for the Gophers in game 1 are Mason, Morris, Buggs, King and Konate. #GophersInSpain

59-44 gophs midway Q3...

...and
King steals and passes ahead to Buggs for the layup.

I knew Buggs just needed another chance to start. :)

also...End of the third quarter, #Gophers lead CAT 75-55. Kevin Dorsey leads with 18 points.

...and
King steals and passes ahead to Buggs for the layup.

I knew Buggs just needed another chance to start. :)

also...End of the third quarter, #Gophers lead CAT 75-55. Kevin Dorsey leads with 18 points.

These games might not indicate much in the big scheme of things but it is pretty impressive for a frosh to walk in an put up those numbers in his first outing in the uniform. Good to see!

These games might not indicate much in the big scheme of things but it is pretty impressive for a frosh to walk in an put up those numbers in his first outing in the uniform. Good to see!

We'll see how the rest of the trip goes, but remember last year's disaster in that closed scrimmage against Iowa St? it was pretty telling for how the team ended up last year. (I'm not saying that these teams are equivalent to Iowa St. just that we shouldn't write off the results good or bad.)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If anyone comes across a box score, share the wealth!

@GopherMBB: Some stat highlights: Dorsey 18pts, Morris 15 pts/6reb, Mason 13pts/5ast, Konate 9 pts/8reb, Murphy 8pts/7reb/3stl #GophersInSpain

I wouldn't be shocked if we use those 5 as a lineup occasionally. Mason and Murphy with a well rounded stat line.

@MNCoachPitino: First game in the books. Solid first effort. Pleased with the offense. Def and reb have a long way to go of course. #GophersInSpain

@GopherMBB: Some stat highlights: Dorsey 18pts, Morris 15 pts/6reb, Mason 13pts/5ast, Konate 9 pts/8reb, Murphy 8pts/7reb/3stl #GophersInSpain

I wouldn't be shocked if we use those 5 as a lineup occasionally. Mason and Murphy with a well rounded stat line.

Sounds like a lot of what we hoped to hear:

Konate active on the boards and some points
Murphy and Mason a bit of everything
Dorsey a real nice debut

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Well that seams to be a nice start. I'm not sure how good our competition is but we'll find out on August 17 and August 19 when Iowa st. plays against this same team (Barcelona all-stars).

Well that seams to be a nice start. I'm not sure how good our competition is but we'll find out on August 17 and August 19 when Iowa st. plays against this same team (Barcelona all-stars).

I'm assuming not great. I know one of the teams in Barcelona that we play, Real Canoe NC, is in the 4th tier of Spanish pro leagues.

Top Bottom