All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

better to be knocked out early than to be in the top 5 until the end and lose to louisville or florida then.

Go Gophers!!

Here's a highlight video of Horne. What stands out to me immediately is his height. He's listed at 6'6 on Rivals, but he looks significantly shorter to me. He's a playmaking four like a Colson from Notre Dame or Niang from Iowa State which would be a really interesting addition to this team, but he looks even shorter than Colson to me who was listed at 6'5 on Rivals. Certainly an interesting prospect and his rebound and scoring numbers have been very good on the UA circuit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FphRdiOSAfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In Coffey we Trust

Coffey would be a great signing. Loved watching his father play back in the day.
He would look great in Maroon and Gold!

When is he going to decide?

What are our current chances?

Coffey would be a great signing. Loved watching his father play back in the day.
He would look great in Maroon and Gold!

When is he going to decide?

What are our current chances?

Slim. He'll decide in the fall. Sharmorie Ponds and Xavier Sneed are a lot more realistic and would constitute a very nice pickup for the Gophers.

Slim. He'll decide in the fall. Sharmorie Ponds and Xavier Sneed are a lot more realistic and would constitute a very nice pickup for the Gophers.

Disagree. I certainly wouldn't call us the favorites but we are right in the thick of Amir's recruitment.

Have you heard something on this or just a gut feeling? I'd say we have a pretty decent shot at Coffey right now I'd guess either the Gophers or Marquette for him.

Gophers need to overcome the prevailing mindset that we have little or no shot at "the beautiful girl down the street," who only pines for the limelight drawn by Chatsworth Osborne, Jr.

I'm willing to bet that it's only gopher holders who think that, which matters very little.

Go Gophers!!

Re: Coffey - He's probably going to be a good player - but personally, I would rather see the Gophs find someone more like his dad - a really hard-nosed rebounding machine to provide some guts and leadership. Not quite sure if anyone on the current roster fits that bill. I would always prefer to have one player like Richard Coffey or even J'son Stamper on the team. points are nice, but there are times when a key rebound or defensive stop can be just as important as a dunk or a 20-foot jump shot.

Re: Coffey - He's probably going to be a good player - but personally, I would rather see the Gophs find someone more like his dad - a really hard-nosed rebounding machine to provide some guts and leadership. Not quite sure if anyone on the current roster fits that bill. I would always prefer to have one player like Richard Coffey or even J'son Stamper on the team. points are nice, but there are times when a key rebound or defensive stop can be just as important as a dunk or a 20-foot jump shot.

Murphy?

I'll take Amir.

I don't know. The fact he is really, really open to a school coming in late and wooing him, tells me that he's looking for a reason to leave the state.

If we miss on Amir, Mosley or Sneed would still be very nice gets if we were somehow able to get one of them

I don't know. The fact he is really, really open to a school coming in late and wooing him, tells me that he's looking for a reason to leave the state.

Have to agree. The kids who have made the NBA their top priority aren't coming here. If Pitino starts putting guys in the NBA, then we might start getting consideration from top 25-50 recruits.

This program just can't compete with the likes of Duke, Kansas....heck, even Ohio State and Michigan State, at this point. What do we sell them on?

Pitino to recruits:"It's freezing cold here during the season, we have no recent draft picks, no facilities, no sweet sixteens in a quarter century, I'm only 30 years old, have yet to prove I can develop talent, and I'll likely be gone before your senior season.......but trust me, you really want to come play here."

Coach K to recruits: "We have dozens of players in the NBA at this very second, world class facilities, we have to rent a storage locker for our excess banners, I can give you LeBron James' cell number, and Saudi Arabia doesn't have enough cash to pry me away from Duke, let alone Ala-freaking-bama.....Come to think of it, I don't really need you, because there is a line down the block. Commit now or your offer is gone."

Just sayin....

Good post until you decided to end it with "just sayin". I hope people stop ending with that statement because it takes away from everything they stated before it. And it makes them sound like a 13 year old girl.

Have to agree. The kids who have made the NBA their top priority aren't coming here. If Pitino starts putting guys in the NBA, then we might start getting consideration from top 25-50 recruits.

This program just can't compete with the likes of Duke, Kansas....heck, even Ohio State and Michigan State, at this point. What do we sell them on?

Pitino to recruits:"It's freezing cold here during the season, we have no recent draft picks, no facilities, no sweet sixteens in a quarter century, I'm only 30 years old, have yet to prove I can develop talent, and I'll likely be gone before your senior season.......but trust me, you really want to come play here."

Coach K to recruits: "We have dozens of players in the NBA at this very second, world class facilities, we have to rent a storage locker for our excess banners, I can give you LeBron James' cell number, and Saudi Arabia doesn't have enough cash to pry me away from Duke, let alone Ala-freaking-bama.....Come to think of it, I don't really need you, because there is a line down the block. Commit now or your offer is gone."

Just sayin....

How many times do we have to tell people to be patient! It will not happen overnight, but Pitino is building the foundation of a very solid program that will complete with the top of the B1G. Stop bashing the school and claim to be a loyal fan. It is like hitting on a girl and then bringing up the fact that your friend is much more handsome and makes more money than you. How can you ever win if you accept defeat from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a few kids the Gophers have looked at that haven't been discussed much if at all:

Devon Daniels (at one point the only 2016 kid Pitino himself was following on Twitter)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A0CRhWv0AKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gorjok Gak (teammate of Nwankwo at Victory Rock, has a UCONN offer probably a long shot)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gFd41OEyNDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eric Curry

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yiVc8dKOoK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kevin Marfo (might have posted a video of him before)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIy5oT8xd38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other names the Gophers are watching this week (via Ryan James) that have already been discussed quite a bit: Ponds, Mosely, Rose, and Sneed.

Only watched the Devon Daniels tape so far but he looks like a nice offensive player. What are the chances he is a Gopher?

I know Reed, he's a class act kind of kid and he works his ass off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom