Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

2016 is the year the borders closed. We are friggin coming. So pumped should be interesting to see how this one shakes out... Nigel Warrior would certainly join delattabutiere... (sp?) :roll eyes: on the best recruit names list.

Here's an off the wall suggestion: when the kids get their picture in the locker room wearing the Gopher jersey, have them put on a set of shoulder pads under the jersey. Then they'll really look like Gopher players!

A couple people have said a few things about Nigel Warrior, is there any substance to this or just hope?

Mostly hope but apparently his dad and coach Anderson are good friends. So we're in the door, hence the visit.

Warrior would be a huge get. Would be nice to pick him up along with Tyler Johnson to add with Phillip Howard for d backs

Does not mean a thing, but 247 crystal ball is 100% Matt Kegel staying home. 9 predictions and all say Minnesota. That would be more great news if it happens.

According to 247, he unofficially visited the "Minnesota Goldan Gophers" on April 11th.

I can confirm. Was at the 'game' with my nephew and saw him on the sidelines. Didn't know who he was at the time, but matches the 247 picture.

Warrior has a "high " interest list on Rivals. We aren't in it. I think this was more or less a courtesy visit because of his dad's association with Anderson. This would shock the recruiting world if he were to sign with Minnesota. I would be surprised if we even got one of his 6 scheduled visits.

Warrior has a "high " interest list on Rivals. We aren't in it. I think this was more or less a courtesy visit because of his dad's association with Anderson. This would shock the recruiting world if he were to sign with Minnesota. I would be surprised if we even got one of his 6 scheduled visits.

He's the son of DB Dale Carter. Isn't Carter Jake Reed's brother and didn't Reed's son visit the U last year? Never hurts to get unofficials on campus. Staff seems to be well connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Either his dad, uncle or both, don't remember, played for the Vikings in addition to the Anderson connection.

He's the son of DB Dale Carter. Isn't Carter Jake Reed's brother and didn't Reed's son visit the U last year? Never hurts to get unofficials on campus. Staff seems to be well connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They still have some family living in the South Metro.

per the Chicago Tribune on Foster:

"I liked everything about Minnesota, not just one thing," Foster said. "When I went up there last week with my family, it was a warm environment. I want my parents to be okay with where I'm going to school.

"(Minnesota) Coach Jerry Kill will be around forever and hopefully is not going anywhere. That was a huge selling point for me and my family. It's a good staff, a great school and great area."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...football-recruiting-notes-20150413-story.html

Go Gophers!!

per FSN:

Recruits are taking notice of the progress.

During the course of the Gophers' spring practices, Kill and Co. secured verbal commitments from a number of high school recruits. Among them was Carter Coughlin, a three-star linebacker recruit from Eden Prairie, Minn., who committed on March 12 after spending the day at the Gophers' spring practice. Within the final week of spring ball, Minnesota received two more big commitments.

The first was three-star offensive lineman Sam Schlueter from Victoria, Minn., who committed on the day of the Gophers' spring game. One day later, four-star offensive lineman Sean Foster from Illinois gave his commitment to Minnesota. With another step forward in 2014, and an appearance in a New Year's Day bowl game, the Gophers are starting to look more appealing to recruits. Spring football is a chance for those recruits to get a closer look at the program, the coaching staff, the facilities and the players. As it turned out this spring, some of those recruits were intrigued enough to give their commitments to Minnesota.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/5-takeaways-from-minnesota-gophers-spring-ball-041415

Go Gophers!!

Carter Coughlin and JD Spielman going after each other on Twitter tonight, taking a few shots at one another:

https://twitter.com/Cmoe34/status/588904873988530177

Go Gophers!!

Whatever was said was deleted so can someone give us a quick summery of the convo? Also did anyone else notice the tweet by Carter to Aaron Mathews about following him so they can talk football? Aaron Mathews is a 4 star WR with a gopher offer. I'm loving how carter is recruiting kids knowing that these players will be needed with him to get the program to the promise land

Whatever was said was deleted so can someone give us a quick summery of the convo?

Looks like JD and Carter's brother had a disagreement and JD called him (Quinn?) fake. Carter jumped in, called JD fake, someone else jumped in and said something to the effect of "we're a team, don't do this on twitter", and it was deleted.

I'll avoid any of the details, because this really never should have seen the light on twitter.

I may be blowing smoke up my chimney, but does it seem like the ratings of our instate kids drop when they commit early to the Gophers? For recruits like Seantrel Henderson who ultimately went elsewhere their ratings go up (although I think his went down a little even though it still considerably very high). Will anyone care to comment?

I know it is not worth a hill of beans to Kill & Co. because they do their own evaluations of their recruits for the most part.

I may be blowing smoke up my chimney, but does it seem like the ratings of our instate kids drop when they commit early to the Gophers? For recruits like Seantrel Henderson who ultimately went elsewhere their ratings go up (although I think his went down a little even though it still considerably very high). Will anyone care to comment?

I know it is not worth a hill of beans to Kill & Co. because they do their own evaluations of their recruits for the most part.

Garcia is the only one who's rankings dropped after he committed.

If Kill and Co. continue to develop 2* and 3* players (according to the "experts") into NFL draft picks, the "experts" will change that trend. Eventually they will see that Kill's players meet and exceed expectations in their time here. Eventually they will start bumping up the players' star ratings after having committed to Minnesota. Or they may find themselves looking pretty stupid...eventually. As you said, I'm sure this staff doesn't give a rat's apple what the "experts" think.

Top Bottom