***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS. WISCONSIN 3-5-15 IN-GAME THREAD***

I'm late to the party and I'm sure it has been mentioned already, but how the hell does Hayes get away with hooking his defender every time he is down low? He's fouled out twice tonight if the stripes actually call it.

Obvious, too. He really gets the chicken wing out there.

EE has just disappeared from the rotation.

Carlos Morris needs to calm down. Finally understanding why he's called the squirrel

Liking what I'm seeing out of Konate.

Carlos Morris needs to calm down. Finally understanding why he's called the squirrel

Disagree. Although he's been out of control at time like usual, he's the only one playing with some energy. Some of these guys are playing like it is day one of practice.

How is the Kaminsky hip on the high ball screen not a foul ?

In order to win this, Hollins had to at least score his average.

Disagree. Although he's been out of control at time like usual, he's the only one playing with some energy. Some of these guys are playing like it is day one of practice.

Morris has done some ugly things offensively today. At least 5 times we had the advantage on offense and Morris made a bad play. Love his energy, but not where it's directed at times

I hate to sound like a complete homer, but on the surface, it appears we have some good pieces coming back next year. I know its one game, but I think we can build with Mason and Konate

I'm generally a badger fan except when the play the gophs (grew up in Madison and got my MS there, so sue me). Anyways, I definitely got the feeling this was a game played at the kohl center. Officiating has been pretty terrible. So many swings of momentum because of them. Pitino definitely doesn't have any respect with those guys, whereas the refs perceive the badgers as a bunch of guys who don't do anything wrong

Point being, I hope pitino bulls a pat chambers and speaks his mind. He clearly had to work on the refs in the first half. Why should a coach have to work the refs harder because if the opponent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Dre and no Walker down the stretch....very odd...

Pretty telling that Walker and Hollins are not playing at the end.

I am excited to watch Konate develop the next few years. He reminds me a little bit of Mbakwe (not saying he will be as good as him). Really attacks the ball on rebounds.

Seems to me that its kind of a statement. They are no longer a part of the building process.

Yes but 'bad attitude' Mathieu has been playing more than ever...

We outscored the Vadger bench 27-3!

I really, really hope Pitino can elevate our program to that of Bo Ryan's. As much as I despise UW, their team's ability to play fundamentally sound and not buckle is what I hope our program can aspire to.

I'm usually the last one to complain about refs but these refs sucked.

That's how important the game was to Gophers fans. There was a good group of Badger fans there.

A good group? There were at least 1000 there. Sounded like more. Un-freakin-acceptable....:mad:

Had a great time at the Kohl Center tonight. Proud of Andre for scoring more points than years of college basketball he has played.

It was a little odd the conference allowed Bo to bring his own personal refs for the game tonight. It was even worse tonight than when we played in Madison. Kaminsky really got the NBA star treatment he could travel as much as he wanted and if anybody breathed on him there was a call. Meanwhile the Gophers were hammered a number of times attacking the rim with no call and Kaminsky hit Mo on the arms a few times on Mo's hook shot but no call. I saw Pitino giving the refs a pretty good earful a number of times and was waiting for him to go absolutely off sometime but it never happened.

It was a little odd the conference allowed Bo to bring his own personal refs for the game tonight. It was even worse tonight than when we played in Madison. Kaminsky really got the NBA star treatment he could travel as much as he wanted and if anybody breathed on him there was a call. Meanwhile the Gophers were hammered a number of times attacking the rim with no call and Kaminsky hit Mo on the arms a few times on Mo's hook shot but no call. I saw Pitino giving the refs a pretty good earful a number of times and was waiting for him to go absolutely off sometime but it never happened.

Worst reffed game of the year. No doubt. We weren't going to win the way Wisky shot it but the refs made absolutely sure of it.

Good effort by the gophs overall - just dug too big of a hole in the first half letting them have too many open looks- nearly every one of which they hit. I continue to be encouraged by Konate, Mason and Morris. Konate is really making strides.

Top Bottom