Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Not the same at all, but thanks.

You sure read a lot into what I said that I didn't say. My original response was to your statement about the charade of a kid who you think has made up his mind but still is coming on a visit to the U for an overnight.

My response was "ask Reid Travis...Im sure there was a reason. To which you state that Reid is a different situation and his mind wasn't made up when he made that last visit. I never said Reid's mind was made up, nor do I beleive Coughlin's mind is made up...he is taking one final visit and then making his decision. Hopefully, unlike Reid, he chooses the Gophers. Regardless, like Reid, I am sure there is a reason he is making one last visit.

Shove your sarcastic thanks and have a nice day.

You sure read a lot into what I said that I didn't say. My original response was to your statement about the charade of a kid who you think has made up his mind but still is coming on a visit to the U for an overnight.

My response was "ask Reid Travis...Im sure there was a reason. To which you state that Reid is a different situation and his mind wasn't made up when he made that last visit. I never said Reid's mind was made up, nor do I beleive Coughlin's mind is made up...he is taking one final visit and then making his decision. Hopefully, unlike Reid, he chooses the Gophers. Regardless, like Reid, I am sure there is a reason he is making one last visit.

Costa Rican doesn't think Coughlin's mind is made up. He said IF his mind actually was made up, why would bother with this charade in response to Bulldog.

Kegel and Schlueter got Iowa State offers today.

Schlueter got a Wisconsin offer today. With this in-state class being so good, it's one thing to lose a few to Oregon or Ohio State or another national powerhouse. What we can't have happen is losing them to Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. Lock 'em up Jerry.

Costa Rican doesn't think Coughlin's mind is made up. He said IF his mind actually was made up, why would bother with this charade in response to Bulldog.

Surprising, Bulldog usually has such good posts [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per Sid:

• One of the highest-recruited players in recent Minneapolis North High history is Tyler Johnson, who stars in basketball and football. The junior has received some basketball offers, but in football he has drawn interest from Florida State, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota State, UNLV, Wisconsin and the Gophers.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/294528851.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Including NDSU in the list of offers is funny. As if they are in that league of schools...lol

Might as well tell people that Anoka Community College has offered him a discounted lunch program if he plays for them.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Including NDSU in the list of offers is funny. As if they are in that league of schools...lol

Might as well tell people that Anoka Community College has offered him a discounted lunch program if he plays for them.

It is weird how he mentions the JV, but not offers from Michigan St. or Pittsburgh. The thought of NDAC offering Coughlin is very amusing to me. That's a wasted 5 minutes they'll never get back.

I think Coughlin is legitimately interested in the U and wants to spend time with the players getting to know them. Why else would he schedule this sleepover in the athletic dorms? Your response was "Ask Reid Travis". Sounded like you were being a dick.

It is weird how he mentions the JV, but not offers from Michigan St. or Pittsburgh. The thought of NDAC offering Coughlin is very amusing to me. That's a wasted 5 minutes they'll never get back.

Sid was talking about Johnson not Coughlin and he mentioned every school that offered plus every school from his Rivals profile that is listed as interested. Listing NDSU in his short list of only 4 schools that have offered isn't terribly outrageous. If he had 15 offers then that would of course be another story.

Sid was talking about Johnson not Coughlin and he mentioned every school that offered plus every school from his Rivals profile that is listed as interested. Listing NDSU in his short list of only 4 schools that have offered isn't terribly outrageous. If he had 15 offers then that would of course be another story.

Yeah, my bad on getting the subject of the article wrong. Mentioning the JV is idiotic either way.

After taking a timeout, East Ridge inbounded the ball under its basket. East Ridge's Seth Green took the inbounds pass and kept going the other way, scoring a basket in the Cretin-Derham Hall hoop.

That gave Cretin-Derham Hall the lead for good at 66-65. Green finished with 24 points for East Ridge.

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27618831/high-school-basketball-wrong-way-basket-helps-cretin

Who? Never heard of this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw Michigan has offered Spielman's kid from Eden Prairie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw Michigan has offered Spielman's kid from Eden Prairie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watched him play against East Ridge and Edina last year but I had no idea he was that good and if he is that good, I have no idea how we weren't his first power 5 conference offer. Even stranger is that I'm pretty sure that we are looking to take a smaller slot receiver in this class as opposed to a taller guy yet still haven't offered him. Extremely confusing.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1462973/highlights/214436383' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also he committed to OSU after his freshman year to play lacrosse but is reconsidering.

I almost had to check if it was this Michigan

uofm_logo.gif

After taking a timeout, East Ridge inbounded the ball under its basket. East Ridge's Seth Green took the inbounds pass and kept going the other way, scoring a basket in the Cretin-Derham Hall hoop.

That gave Cretin-Derham Hall the lead for good at 66-65.

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27618831/high-school-basketball-wrong-way-basket-helps-cretin

The story isn't really clear. Did the inbound pass cross the time line? Otherwise it would be an over and back.

Regardless, the big question is; there is another Rosga at CDH?

This is the son of Jeff Rosga (the lone Rosga to stay home and go to the U). I believe the Sr at CDH was offered a PWO from Pitino, not sure what has developed from that.

If that were true, then he wouldn't have called Coughlin's visit a charade would he? Stick to your conversations and stay out of **** you know nothing about.

The story isn't really clear. Did the inbound pass cross the time line? Otherwise it would be an over and back.

Regardless, the big question is; there is another Rosga at CDH?

You inbound from out of bounds. Where you receive the ball establishes where possession is. You can inbound to the other side of the 10 second line without penalty or violation, if that's where you receive it from out of bounds.

If that were true, then he wouldn't have called Coughlin's visit a charade would he? Stick to your conversations and stay out of **** you know nothing about.

Not very bright I see.

Costa Rican Gopher;1031728 If he was an OSU lock said:
Costa Rican clearly doesn't believe he is an OSU lock because if he were, he believes he wouldn't even bother with this visit. He believes he isn't an OSU lock and therefore is bothering with this visit. He also used the word "charade" in the context of the idea that he is an OSU lock. If he was an OSU lock and still did bother with this overnight visit then this would absolutely be a charade. He obviously does't believe that and doesn't believe this was a charade.

You inbound from out of bounds. Where you receive the ball establishes where possession is. You can inbound to the other side of the 10 second line without penalty or violation, if that's where you receive it from out of bounds.

Thats exactly what he's asking. Did the ball get inbounded into the back court? If not, it should have been over and back.

Correct. His announcement had been planned in the DLS Gym and it was open to the public. Then he had a change of mind the night before (lot of family pressure to attend Stanford involved), so on the day of his announcement he changed the venue to a smaller room and made it invitation only.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the family pressure comment as far as Reid goes. I could be wrong, but that felt like the kid wanted to go to Minnesota, but the family was pushing Stanford and all it has to offer.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the family pressure comment as far as Reid goes. I could be wrong, but that felt like the kid wanted to go to Minnesota, but the family was pushing Stanford and all it has to offer.

Or mostly just his mom. I think his dad liked the U.

Thats exactly what he's asking. Did the ball get inbounded into the back court? If not, it should have been over and back.

Ball was inbounded from the baseline under the basket where ER was shooting and thrown into the back court. He caught the ball running away from the basket where they were trying to score. Took one dribble and laid it in to the wrong basket. Contrary to the Strib article, there were about 45 seconds left when they threw the ball in, not 20.

(I wasn't there, but saw a video of the play. I don't have a link to the video, but I as sure someone will post one eventually.)

Not very bright I see.

If you saw, you wouldn't say such things. But the blind often confuse things that are obvious to those of us with sight.

And again, stay out of what you know nothing about...this conversation you can't seem to remove yourself from has nothing to do with what you are talking about. CR Gopher and I weren't disagreeing...only you seem to have taken it that way and continue to take it that way. As in, CR Gopher doesn't think Coughlin is BSing Kill and that his visit is legit...just like Travis's was and I agree with both statements. Hence my reference to Travis after CR's post about Coughlin. Maybe your sarcasm meeter is too high or something. IDK and IDC. Feel free to bugger off tho.

Top Bottom