Hello Gopher fans, Southern Miss fan here...

XMan

Reaction score
My take:

We were the better team, wore them down with size, figured out their zone and improved on d the second half.

People from Minnesota do have accents. Go further north to Bemidji or Crookston and you will really notice it. I have relatives who have a much stronger minnesotan accent than others, but when I travel down to the southern part of the United States I am asked about the accent often and I talk nothing like the exaggerated version in Fargo but it is there.

Never been stabbed

The Fargo movie is a classic

No idea if Coen brothers are Jewish or Irish.

I feel safe in most parts of the Minneapolis and St Paul. That is all relative. Rough parts of Minneapolis are very different than rough parts of other towns. We don't know how lucky we are.

Dakich cringes when he sees the Hoff

Losing Chip to Southern Miss. was not a big deal but their entire team plays just like he did as a gopher

The poster from Mississippi was just having fun - but it was interesting how he chose economy and crime rates as comparisons....when we are top four in terms of positives for both and they are bottom four in both

Saw a polar bear before....at the minnesota zoo

My wife says I am posting and reading on the gopher hole too often.

Doc Don drinks too much beer. (I know that last part wasn't referenced in the thread, but it is applicable to just about everything on gopherhole)

Top Bottom