All Blog Entries

1. Nebraska announces the hiring of Mike Riley as head coach.

Riley is the type of coach I'd have loved to see the Gophers hire in 2010. But for Nebraska, that's a reach. Especially now that he's 61.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hoke is Fired

Quote Originally Posted by holereader View Post
    not that I am completely naive but isn't there an unwritten rule you don't poach a coach from a school within the conference?? Are there good examples of where this has been done...and more importantly where said poached coach had success subsequently??
    I also have heard that. It makes sense however it was broken by Minnesota in 1951 when they hired Wes Fesler from Ohio State. Yes from Ohio State but things were different back then.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 7 Games and a little over a month until the B!g Opener, what do you hope to see?

Quote Originally Posted by EG#9 View Post
    The Gophers have 7 games to improve and put themselves in position to compete in the B1G. On paper, the Gophers should win all 7 games fairly easily which should lead to plenty of time to experiment and hopefully improve. I hope the following can occur during the next 7 games.

1. Develop a big man off the bench- Pitino has to find someone he can trust at the 4/5 spots beyond Elliott/Mo/Joey. One of Buggs, Martin, or Konate needs to become a consistent part of the rotation. The
  4. 7 Games and a little over a month until the B!g Opener, what do you hope to see?

Quote Originally Posted by EG#9 View Post
    The Gophers have 7 games to improve and put themselves in position to compete in the B1G. On paper, the Gophers should win all 7 games fairly easily which should lead to plenty of time to experiment and hopefully improve. I hope the following can occur during the next 7 games.

1. Develop a big man off the bench- Pitino has to find someone he can trust at the 4/5 spots beyond Elliott/Mo/Joey. One of Buggs, Martin, or Konate needs to become a consistent part of the rotation. The
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gopher fan are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
    Went to the "Big House" today and game was great. The Gopher fans were even more exciting. Glad that my son is a Gopher
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast