STrib: Exhibition game is fans' first chance to meet the men's basketball Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

At no other time in Richard Pitino’s first six seasons as Gophers basketball coach have this many newcomers made their debut for one team: seven.

At no other time in Pitino’s tenure have fans also waited all month to get their first look at Pitino’s team, either.

Typically, there would be a fan fest with an intrasquad scrimmage and autograph session earlier in October. That annual event was canceled for the first time because of scheduling conflicts.

So, Monday’s exhibition game vs. Southwest Minnesota State at Williams Arena is part meet-and-greet session and part regular-season warmup for Pitino’s new-look basketball team.

Transfers Marcus Carr, Payton Willis and Alihan Demir are newcomers in the starting lineup. Freshmen Tre’ Williams, Isaiah Ihnen, Bryan Greenlee and Sam Freeman are newcomers off the bench.

“Obviously, a lot of new guys,” Pitino said. “We have good days, we have bad days, and that’s to be expected. But there’s a competitiveness to this team. There’s a toughness to this team that I like.”

http://www.startribune.com/exhibiti...-meet-the-men-s-basketball-gophers/563952432/

Go Gophers!!

College basketball season is upon us, praise the Orange Bouncing Sphere.

I'm really excited for tonight. Going to get there early to check out the improvements made to The Barn! I heard they replaced the urinal cakes, they were 4 years old...but still nice.

Top Bottom