TTU vs UVA

Marooned

Reaction score
Good game so far! Two great defenses duking it out.

Guy is an impressive player. Having someone like him on the team would’ve added 3-5 more wins for the Gophs this year I think.

Culver for Tech is off. The only two games I’ve seen of his this year were this and the MSU games, and he’s pretty unimpressive for a 2nd team All-American.

Looking forward to a good 2nd half.

And Hunter is another supposed lottery pick but he is the third option on this team after Guy and Jerome.

Interesting to hear the halftime announcers criticizing the Virginia offense! Passing up open shots to stretch the clock and then forcing up a bad shot at the end of the shot clock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friend invented me to join. Cool experience and I got to meet Eric Harris before the game. One of my favorite Gopher hoopsters.

Two great defenses. UVa just has more on offense, limited as it is.

Sure seems like the refs are letting UVA get away with quite a bit more than TTU.

Just think, we are watching the 3 best officials in basketball. Sad, really sad. Not sure what the solution is, but whatever the NCAA is doing, it ain’t working.

This has been a pretty entertaining game.

Must say, overall this tournament has been one of my favorites. So many great games top to bottom.

I agree, refs have been calling in UVa’s favor most of the game, but the last 2 calls (out of bounds and jump ball) both good calls in TTU’s favor. If they were going to job Tech, one or both of those could’ve easily gone the other way.

This is ridiculous. These should all be jump balls. Period.

Jim Nance talking about UVa being "one of the all-time great turnarounds" is beyond ridiculous. They were a #1 seed last year and a #1 seed this year. Losing to UMBC does not erase that.

That’s game. I really didn’t like that overturned call at the end. It just didn’t look inconclusive to me anyway, and those calls cannot be controversial at all. That said, Hunter had a phenomenal 2nd half and OT, whereas Culver for Tech never really showed up. And UVA hitting their FTs at the end. FTs matter.

Jim Nance talking about UVa being "one of the all-time great turnarounds" is beyond ridiculous. They were a #1 seed last year and a #1 seed this year. Losing to UMBC does not erase that.

Theyve said this at least 4 times

UVa had a 95% chance of losing in the last 30 seconds against Purdue. And Auburn. And Texas Tech. I guess it was God's will.

Great game. Perfect ending to a great tournament.

Congrats to the Hoos. Good tournament.

There was a couple of idiot announcers on that radio station discussing how boring the NCAA tourney was with its low scoring and how the NBA is much better! Nothing is better than two hours of college basketball intensity - want 134 -122 games all the time? Loved how Virginia sank free throws and hit clutch shots - Their three wins were great entertainment... Shoulda lost to Purdue and Auburn and Texas T but they came through!!!

I thought they got the replay right.

Thought officials did a good job throughout the tourney - they let the players play without calling too many fouls...

That’s game. I really didn’t like that overturned call at the end. It just didn’t look inconclusive to me anyway, and those calls cannot be controversial at all. That said, Hunter had a phenomenal 2nd half and OT, whereas Culver for Tech never really showed up. And UVA hitting their FTs at the end. FTs matter.

For all the talk about the Texas Tech defense, they sure did a lot of bad things down the stretch.

No one could stop the ball, or stay in front of #11 Jerome (he does push off constantly with his off arm with no calls at all) all night, and he apparently is left handed, which Mooney or no one else ever figured out. For all the talk of his 6' 9" wingspan, Mooney played some pretty useless defense on Jerome much of the night as well.

They also seemed to rush players driving into the lane leaving wide open lights out 3 point shooters wide open many times. The play up by 3, when they lost "contain" and three players rushed at Jerome, only to have him dish to a wide open shooter for a 3 was just awful team, situational defense. That may have cost them the game.

#23 crapped himself as well, so Texas Tech was lucky to hang in there with questionable defense at times, and a wretched performance by the "star" #23.

Guy, Jerome and the star of the game and Hunter this time, got it doneand they deserved to win.

I still do not like UVA basketball much. if all teams played like UVA or Wisconsin, Pro Bowling might make a comeback.

Last edited:

There was a couple of idiot announcers on that radio station discussing how boring the NCAA tourney was with its low scoring and how the NBA is much better! Nothing is better than two hours of college basketball intensity - want 134 -122 games all the time? Loved how Virginia sank free throws and hit clutch shots - Their three wins were great entertainment... Shoulda lost to Purdue and Auburn and Texas T but they came through!!!

Their T-Wolves beat guy (Cunningham something) hates college basketball (strange thing to admit when your jobs is to cover basketball) and is a d-bag about it. Like covering a meaningless T-Wolves season is interesting? Most NBA regular season games are meaningless.

UVa nearly hired Tubby in 2009 before hiring Bennett. And Tubby would probably still be at TT if Memphis hadn't hired him away. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Really awesome story about how they halted all their plans when they found out they could get Bennett. Funny thing is that he was going to tell them no thanks and wife Laurel talked him into it. What WSU lost is devastating. This will not be Bennett's best team. Huge shout out to Minneapolis for a great final 4. I go every year and have not been a stadium fan for hoops but it was amazing. Have really enjoyed my stay at the Marquette also. Party is just getting started. Bravo twin cities.

Top Bottom