MSU vs TTU

Marooned

Reaction score
Tech’s defense is amazing. Wow.
MSU playing scared. When McQuaid is the best player on their team tonight, there’s issues. Their front court didn’t arrive at all tonight.

That ref is hilarious

OMG how does Owen's return ? That ankle injury looked brutal. Guess he's Gumby he just bounces back.

Guessing he sprained it. I’ve done that where I returned to a game after a sprain. Once it stiffens up though, you’re out for a few days, so I doubt he’ll be very effective Monday if they win.

Sid and Tubby both get some screen time. For 99 years old....Sid still looks fine.

I hope Henry is drafted this year. ��

Oh my. If McQuaid hits that wide open shot...

Gophers fire Tubby and it's the same old, same old. Texas Tech fires Tubby and they win a national title.

Does anyone break 50 on Monday night?

Wonder if UCLA people are going to have Beard on speed dial this week.

Gophers fire Tubby and it's the same old, same old. Texas Tech fires Tubby and they win a national title.

Because their AD was smart enough to hire Beard? Plus I think they’ll be building a $30M b-ball facility soon.

Tubby left Texas Tech on his own to take Memphis job, only to be fired from Memphis. He’s doing just fine with the U’s money and Memphis’ money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because their AD was smart enough to hire Beard? Plus I think they’ll be building a $30M b-ball facility soon.

But their AD wasn’t smart enough and hired Marlene Stallings. Batting .500 on basketball coaching hires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guessing he sprained it. I’ve done that where I returned to a game after a sprain. Once it stiffens up though, you’re out for a few days, so I doubt he’ll be very effective Monday if they win.

That's what I'm thinking, too, unfortunately. Hope he can go, though.

Tech puts on a clinic on defense, not just with their effort but with their smarts and instincts. The job they did on Ward was what I kept praying the Gophers would do: let him catch it but wait til the right instant to double team him--doubling him with a player that left a guy free who'd be exceedingly difficult for Ward to find with a pass.

Last edited:

Sorry had to watch them game on delay and TT has been such a tough and amazing team. They seemed to have a really deep bench (maybe 9 guys) and they had plenty of interior physicality to run at MSU. Winston looked gassed early in the second half and once Mooney went inferno and McQuaid went cold it was tough going.
Did Mooney ever seriously consider playing for MN?
I think TT beats UVA by double digits.

I'd be more worried about Owen's knee, which appeared to buckle on the play. His leg also appeared to give out (at the knee) when he was walking back to the locker room.

Top Bottom