What Final 4 Recruiting Looks Like . . . .

Gopher Teeth

Fear the Teeth
Reaction score
Last edited:

Texas Tech haunts me, because that's what programs like theirs and ours have the potential of accomplishing. They have, and we don't. We have/had the geographical advantage of grabbing transfers like Mooney from nearby schools and haven't been able to do it---with the notable exception of Springs, who just happened to be the key to Richard's best season here. Gotta cultivate those possibilities.

Poorly researched as both Guy and Jerome were not heavily recruited at the time they committed to UVA. All the sites boosted them after the fact, way after the fact. Plus it really will not mean much for programs like Tech and UVA whose success will depend on keeping their coaches.

Trend or isolated incident, I am most interested in the fact that most of the Final Four are laced with juniors and seniors playing key roles. Tech hit lightning in a bottle getting two grad transfers that make huge contributions. It's a reminder to those of us in the great unwashed category of high level basketball that success can be had, but it can take a while and getting guys who will be around and contributing for four years is really important. With one and dones on their way out, this will be moot soon, but it does give us a glimmer of hope.

Trend or isolated incident, I am most interested in the fact that most of the Final Four are laced with juniors and seniors playing key roles. Tech hit lightning in a bottle getting two grad transfers that make huge contributions. It's a reminder to those of us in the great unwashed category of high level basketball that success can be had, but it can take a while and getting guys who will be around and contributing for four years is really important. With one and dones on their way out, this will be moot soon, but it does give us a glimmer of hope.

One and dones will still happen. The very best will declare from high school. The next tier will still go to college for 1 year.

Poorly researched as both Guy and Jerome were not heavily recruited at the time they committed to UVA. All the sites boosted them after the fact, way after the fact. Plus it really will not mean much for programs like Tech and UVA whose success will depend on keeping their coaches.

I wish someday our success depends on keeping our coach. Maybe only Clem in Gopher history? And he was a cheater.

I wish someday our success depends on keeping our coach. Maybe only Clem in Gopher history? And he was a cheater.

Clem blew it with all the tutors that we had. He didn't do the players any favors in life.

Top Bottom