Michael Avenatti Goes on Twitter Rant Against Duke

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
A late night Tweet storm trying to blow the doors off Nike and St. Krzyzewski. The guy is likely as dirty as the people he's accusing, but there's no denying this stuff is delicious.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Cool, love it if he's right and has dirt on Duke. Avenatti sure knows how to get himself in headlines.

I don’t like this guy, but I LOVE his accusations. I only hope they are true and come to light. Screw Duke!!! The robber of MN b-ball studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure this is really breaking news. The exact details are I suppose but It was widely known that Zion was going to the highest bidder when a Kansas assistant was caught on wiretap requesting more money for him. Avenatti for whatever reason has made it his life’s mission to go after some big guns...dangerous game he’s playing. He better hope he doesn’t have any more skeletons in the closet.

This is exhibit #1 on why the NCAA is a corrupt joke.

As flawed as Avenatti is, he is on to something big that is rotten to the core, and the forces deployed to wipe him out formidable, as he is a threat to the Nike status quo.

John Thompson had a very enlightening interview with Dan B on KFAN today where he talked about he impact of the NCAA restricting coaches in recruiting, while ceding all authority to entities like AAU creeps and corporate interests like Nike.

While we'd all like to believe this is true, Avenatti actually scores lower than Doogie on scoop percentage accuracy. The guy is a dirtball indicted for crimes just about everywhere. He loves his name in the press though, so I suppose he got that again. I wonder if they'll let him tweet from federal prison, which is where he's headed...

While we'd all like to believe this is true, Avenatti actually scores lower than Doogie on scoop percentage accuracy. The guy is a dirtball indicted for crimes just about everywhere. He loves his name in the press though, so I suppose he got that again. I wonder if they'll let him tweet from federal prison, which is where he's headed...

This dirtball seems to know another dirtball. K is dirty.

Level playing field indeed.

Yes yes. Inject this straight into my veins.

Grab my popcorn and chair

We shall see if he can beat his other charges. There is a huge financial power(Nike) at risk here and I'm sure they called in favors to politicians to help them out. Suddenly Avenatti is getting investigated...the timing is all way to coincidental. If you don't think that's a possibility then I'm sure you are the same stooges that believe all these congressmen and senators come out with millions and tens of millions in their bank accounts because they simply have the best retirement plans in existence. Ummmm, ok. I have no love for that character Avenatti but when you look at the power level of the players involved (Nike, major universities, etc.) it is definitely a possibility.

Guy is a ****ing idiot but if he can bring Duke down .... naw this guy will always be a total ****ing ******bag.

Avenatti may be a slimey guy who swims in cesspools but he has credibility. He was 100% right on Trump’s hush money payments and his attempts to cover them up and his charges against Duke are plausible and easy enough to investigate. Let’s see if the feds and the NCAA have the balls to go after St. Mike when it’s so much easier to squeeze Avenatti.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jose Canseco showed us that just because a guy is an attention hound and often liar, doesn't meant they are always lying.

In this case it seems very plausible because of the specificity of his claims. Liars usually make up general things, tough to disprove.

Avenatti may be a slimey guy who swims in cesspools but he has credibility. He was 100% right on Trump’s hush money payments and his attempts to cover them up and his charges against Duke are plausible and easy enough to investigate. Let’s see if the feds and the NCAA have the balls to go after St. Mike when it’s so much easier to squeeze Avenatti.

+1

He would have more credibility if he didn't try to extort Nike in the first place. Demanding virtual immediate payouts to the attorneys is not a good look. I'm not even sure if he showed up at Nike with a client. He just demanded money to keep it quiet.

I don't think anyone doubts he's right about the corruption, but they better look for more reliable sources. An attention hound like this harms the cause more than helps it.

I'm looking for some decent consulting services. Does anyone on the forum know what is Sharonda Sampson's consulting expertise :confused:

I'm looking for some decent consulting services. Does anyone on the forum know what is Sharonda Sampson's consulting expertise :confused:

She consults on producing 6'7" behemoths with 47" verticals. That kind of specialization ain't cheap.

He would have more credibility if he didn't try to extort Nike in the first place. Demanding virtual immediate payouts to the attorneys is not a good look. I'm not even sure if he showed up at Nike with a client. He just demanded money to keep it quiet.

I don't think anyone doubts he's right about the corruption, but they better look for more reliable sources. An attention hound like this harms the cause more than helps it.

He was a slimey pub hound on Trump and he had the goods. Everything he’s claiming rings true on this one. Just because he was extorting doesn’t mean it wasn’t true.

He was a slimey pub hound on Trump and he had the goods. Everything he’s claiming rings true on this one. Just because he was extorting doesn’t mean it wasn’t true.

Had zippo on trump...try sticking to the thread genius..keep your trumphobia.
Over there..if you capable of such discipline

Last edited:

Why is this thread here? I can’t understand why so much Duke-hate is spewed out on our Gopher board. Why waste hate on Duke when we have Iowa? And Wisconsin?

Why is this thread here? I can’t understand why so much Duke-hate is spewed out on our Gopher board. Why waste hate on Duke when we have Iowa? And Wisconsin?

Why is this thread here? Because it’s a college basketball board and these are very interesting and potentially explosive allegations against the sport’s biggest program and coach, and the biggest player in the shoe industry. Pay-for-play is an allegation that threatens some of the most iconic names in college basketball. That’s why this thread is here.

If the allegations prove to be true, then wouldn’t Zion have been ineligible. And if Zion was ineligible, wouldn’t duke have to vacate all their wins for the past season?

ESPN: Duke 'looking into' claim Nike paid Zion's mother

Athletic director Kevin White said Duke is "looking into" attorney Michael Avenatti's allegation that Nike paid Zion Williamson's mother for consulting services while her son was a top high school recruit.

Avenatti, who has been charged with attempting to extort more than $20 million in payments from Nike, alleged on Twitter on Friday night that Nike paid for "bogus" services in 2016 or 2017 "as part of a Nike bribe to get Zion to go to Duke."

In a statement to multiple outlets Saturday, White said Duke would investigate the claim as a compliance matter.

"We are aware of the allegation and, as we would with any compliance matter, are looking into it. Duke is fully committed to compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations," White wrote. "Every student athlete at Duke is reviewed to ensure their eligibility. With regard to men's basketball: all recruits and their families are thoroughly vetted by Duke in collaboration with the NCAA through the Eligibility Center's amateurism certification process."

In a statement to Yahoo Sports, Nike said it "firmly believes in ethical and fair play, both in business and sports and won't be commenting further beyond our statement."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...8047/duke-looking-claim-nike-paid-zion-mother

Go Gophers!!

Why is this thread here? Because it’s a college basketball board and these are very interesting and potentially explosive allegations against the sport’s biggest program and coach, and the biggest player in the shoe industry. Pay-for-play is an allegation that threatens some of the most iconic names in college basketball. That’s why this thread is here.

I understand the gravity of this particular situation, I just don’t understand why so much hatred is burned in a non-conference non-opponent. I’m not talking about this thread alone, but the countless threads that are started or highjacked to pout, whine or shout about Duke. UNC seems like a program that deserves more of our anger, considering the scandal for which they saw no accountability. If Duke is found to be guilty of these and/or other allegations, then they deserve punishment.

Mostly, this feels like whiny fans who are pissed that local guys want to play for a program that is perennial contender for a national title. How dare they!

Looking into = nothing to see here. Case closed.

ESPN: Duke 'looking into' claim Nike paid Zion's mother

Athletic director Kevin White said Duke is "looking into" attorney Michael Avenatti's allegation...

(redacted)

Ah, yes, the old, "the University is the real victim of this fraud."

Top Bottom