PP: What if Gophers kept everyone home? Here’s what that team could have been

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

Not usually recognized as a hotbed for talent nationally, the Twin Cities has started to make its mark on the college basketball scene, especially as of late.

It raises the question: What if the Gophers kept everyone home?

Here’s what that NCAA tournament team could have looked like:

POINT GUARD, TRE JONES
SHOOTING GUARD, AMIR COFFEY
SMALL FORWARD, SACAR ANIM
POWER FORWARD, NATE REUVERS
CENTER, REID TRAVIS
SIXTH MAN, GENO CRANDALL

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/...-ncaa-tournament-team-could-have-looked-like/

Go Gophers!!

You should see what other schools would look like if everyone stayed home in their state ! We would get crushed.

You should see what other schools would look like if everyone stayed home in their state ! We would get crushed.

Well, if they seeded us we might get to play against Maine in the opening round. The winner then plays Idaho vs Alaska. Wouldn’t face North Carolina until the Sweet 16.

Well stated. By the way, other than Jones, who would have been a huge upgrade at the point, I don't see the rest of that roster as being an upgrade. I'd take Oturu and Murphy as at least a push with Travis and Reuvers. I'd take Gabe over Anim and Coffey is Coffey.

Tre might have meant 3 or 4 more Big Ten wins and a sweet sixteen to the Gophers.

Last edited:

Well stated. By the way, other than Jones, who would have been a huge upgrade at the point, I don't see the rest of that roster as being an upgrade. I'd take Oturu and Murphy as at least a push with Travis and Reuvers. I'd take Gabe over Anim and Coffey is Coffey.

Tre might have meant 3 or 4 more Big Ten wins and a sweet sixteen to the Gophers.

This. Jones is the only one on this list who would have been a guaranteed starter. Possibly Travis over Oturu but only because he’s older.

it would sure be something if 85% of these kids would stay home and play together I feel there would be a lot of success that would lead into great things.

Top Bottom