X-Factor Gophers/Spartans

gophersfan

Reaction score
Minnesota play it biggest game in a long time. Who you see as the X-Factor tomorrow night. That 1 guy that has to step up big.

Dupree... hit timely buckets and lock down Winston. I think he's up for the task. Got a great feeling about tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree, Dupree has been leaving it all out there last few games and if the shots start falling he could be the difference. It's nice being a big underdog, no massive disappointment with a loss and unadulterated jubilation if we go to the Sweet 16.

We need Coffey to put up 25+ for us to win this game!

Not one X-factor IMO. They have more overall talent, so many things have to break our way. In addition to playing well (max effort, boxing out, limiting turnovers, help defense, limiting dumb fouls, etc...) the main two things that have to happen are: 1) We have to have a great night shooting threes, 2) MI State has to have a relatively poor night from three. It can happen. Let’s hope it happens tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was McBrayer as well, but since he's been mentioned already I'll add something different. If Michigan wins, there could be a decent amount of Wolverine fans left to harp on the Spartans, turning what should already be a pro-Gopher crowd into an audience firmly in Minnesota's corner. That'd be something our guys could really use since they absolutely cannot afford to play flat tonight for any stretch of the game.

X-factor is mcquaid. Will be the difference if he shoots lights out like in the BT tourney. If not, we got a chance

Low turnovers, great defense win the game. MSU very vulnerable right now with all their injuries. Have the Gophs in the elite 8.

Low turnovers, great defense win the game. MSU very vulnerable right now with all their injuries. Have the Gophs in the elite 8.

I heard that Ward is expected to play a lot tonight. What other injuries do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup 5 or less turnovers again and we’re golden.

It's going to take more than 1 player. Murph and Coffey will need to be good plus 1 more.

I think the Gophers need to hold MSU to 45% shooting and 35% 3 point shooting, shoot fairly well themselves, and win or at least come very close in the turnover and rebound battles. If just one of those areas goes wrong we will need MSU to shoot poorly to win.

If Ward plays limited minutes that will help. If McQuaid's shots aren't falling that will help too. I'm fairly confident Gabe can keep Winston from having a great night and could potentially shut him down.

Low turnovers, great defense win the game. MSU very vulnerable right now with all their injuries.

Everybody keeps saying that, but what injuries? With Ward back, they're as healthy as they've been in months. As far as I can tell, the only guy missing from their normal lineup is Ahrens who's like the 10th man.

Pretty simple, if the Gophers play the way they did against Louisville they have a shot. But it will take the best game of the year from everyone to make it happen. Still, you never know this time of year. MSU is clearly the better team but in a one game playoff anything can happen. Some shots fall early and the team starts playing with confidence and the upset is possible.

Pretty simple, if the Gophers play the way they did against Louisville they have a shot. But it will take the best game of the year from everyone to make it happen. Still, you never know this time of year. MSU is clearly the better team but in a one game playoff anything can happen. Some shots fall early and the team starts playing with confidence and the upset is possible.

This. You don't beat Sparty - ever- despite playing sloppy basketball. Gophers have a shot, but they must absolutely be on their game today to seize it.

Top Bottom