North Carolina 5 losses
Duke 3 losses
Michigan St. 5 losses
Nebraska 13 losses
Florida 11 losses
Texas 12 losses

15 teams, 155 losses. Average of 10.333 per team

Last edited:

The next 3 on that list are South Carolina, West Virginia, & Rutgers with 13, 17, & 14 losses.

Minnesota sits at #20.

Facing a tough schedule, most teams are going to take on a bunch of L's.

Actually the good teams are not losing very often. Back out the 5 horrible teams and the average is 7 losses. Take the top 5 and they average 5. I went to road record of those on the list, no surprise. The best teams win on the road, the bad teams even have losses to bad teams.

The next 3 on that list are South Carolina, West Virginia, & Rutgers with 13, 17, & 14 losses.

Minnesota sits at #20.

Most rankings of strength of schedule have us at 45. Which one are you using.

If you play in a tough conference, you are going to have a relatively tough schedule. Duh.

Too bad. You have to be competitive with your chosen level of competition. I'm sure this team would be much higher in the Atlantic 10 rankings if they played against that group but they don't.

It's also not all about losses; it's also about improvement. Take the two teams with the most losses on your list, Illinois and PSU; they have improved and right now they are easier to watch than the Gophers.

Teams you don't see on that list:

VaTech
TxTech
Buffalo
Houston
Marquette
LSU
KansasSt

All of these teams are ranked, why? Because they have few L's. I'm sure some of them are good teams, but put them up against the type of schedule that these teams have faced and each would have more L's as well.

Top 14 in last week's rankings only Duke, UNC, Kansas, and MSU have top flight schedules. 4 true blue bloods that get TV made games to help their schedule. Also 4 of the best programs in the country.

Last edited:

I'm sure some of them are good teams, but put them up against the type of schedule that these teams have faced and each would have more L's as well.

You keep beating this obvious dead horse like we don't know that teams don't all have the same schedule difficulty. You can also give something like this greater importance than it deserves. What's the difference in difficulty between the #20 schedule and the #35 schedule? Not much I suspect.

Doesn't matter anyway. If you want to be successful, you have to win a fair share of games with whatever schedule you have.

Top Bottom