Michigan vs Villanova

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Wolverines straight up throttling the #8 Wildcats, in Philly. 50-23 in the 2nd half as I type this. Gonna be a tough conference opponent for sure.

Wolverines straight up throttling the #8 Wildcats, in Philly. 50-23 in the 2nd half as I type this. Gonna be a tough conference opponent for sure.

I agree they are going to be tough. But Villanova is highly overrated.
They are top 10 based on things they did with guys who are no longer there. Probably a top 40 teams, not a top 10 team.

Boehlein is one of the top 3 coaches in college basketball. And yes, I probably just misspelled his name.

Boehlein is one of the top 3 coaches in college basketball. And yes, I probably just misspelled his name.

He is really good.

Does he have one or two final fours?

He is a top 15 coach in the country. Not sure about top 3

He is really good.

He has taken Michigan to two national championship games and lost both: 2013 against Louisville, and 2018 against Villanova. Got an Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen at West Virginia too.

He is really good.

In terms of getting the most wins out of his talent, top 3.

In terms of getting the most wins out of his talent, top 3.

On the court he is a top 5 coach I think.

Getting the talent is like 50% of the job in college hoops though.

I really like John B, and find think Michigan has some of the best offensive flow you will see. They have talent, but he seems to get the most out of it. I was surprised to hear he had double bypass surgery as he always looked thin and fit.

I was sort odd to see how the officials started to call the game in favor if Villanova once the game was out of hand.

Dubious charging calls, quick whistles to call borderline traveling on Mich, then ignoring physical play against Michigan when they went to the hole late in the game. #13, a talentyed new player from Europe? for Michigan was getting no calls at all in the second half when getting hit and knocked around, then flops and quick whistles for Villanova.

It could have gotten out of hand if Michigan was not disciplined.

Raftery and Gus Johnson call a great game. Bill's interview with the Philly guy that donated a bunch of money to renovate the on campus arena was priceless.

He is really good.

I love his offensive sets and he's shown his teams can play defense. In my book, Izzo is the second best coach in the State.

Once again there are a lot of great or at least very good coaches in the Big Ten. The top two are clear, and Archie Miller may not be far behind, as the ceiling seems very high at IU.

-top 2 are in Michigan
-Turgeon at MD can recruit as well as anyone- insane talent at the PF spot this year
-Painter is more than solid, just cannot get all the way over the hump in NCAAs
-Miller at IU will wake up that program
-Penn State is a terrible job historically, but Chambers is starting to get some top level- good Philly players
-OSU new coach will outperform Thad Matta
-Pitino does bring in talent - better than given credit for x/o wise - lots of bad luck
-Underwood in year two gets way more out the ample Illinois talent than Groce did- might get closer to early 2000s results
-Collins is a different type of coach than NU is used seeing - highly improved facilities
-Fran M. can recruit and coach well enough- but Iowa cannot seem to sustain anything
-Rutgers guy Pickel? seems capable but Rutgers is hopeless
-Wisconsin- barf
-Nebraska has great facilities, but I am not so sure about the future of the coach - I want to go to a Gopher Game in Lincoln some day for sure

-
-

Last edited:

Once again there are a lot of great or at least very good coaches in the Big Ten. The top two are clear, and Archie Miller may not be far behind, as the ceiling seems very high at IU.

-top 2 are in Michigan
-Turgeon at MD can recruit as well as anyone- insane talent at the PF spot this year
-Painter is more than solid, just cannot get all the way over the hump in NCAAs
-Miller at IU will wake up that program
-Penn State is a terrible job historically, but Chambers is starting to get some top level- good Philly players
-OSU new coach will outperform Thad Matta
-Pitino does bring in talent - better than given credit for x/o wise - lots of bad luck
-Underwood in year two gets way more out the ample Illinois talent than Groce did- might get closer to early 2000s results
-Collins is a different type of coach than NU is used seeing - highly improved facilities
-Fran M. can recruit and coach well enough- but Iowa cannot seem to sustain anything
-Rutgers guy Pickel? seems capable but Rutgers is hopeless
-Wisconsin- barf
-Nebraska has great facilities, but I am not so sure about the future of the coach - I want to go to a Gopher Game in Lincoln some day for sure

-
-

I gotta be honest. I don't think this is your best effort.

Top Bottom